It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Announces end of ban on women on subs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

The Pentagon on Monday notified Congress that women will be able to join submarine crews within 30 legislative working days, making good on the wishes of top Navy commanders announced last fall.

www.navytimes.com...

Excellent news. The Navy finally joins the 21st century. The only question is whether or not this will cause an increase in sexual harassment allegations. I guess time will tell.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Beggars can't be choosers. No offense to Ladies, Gays & Lesbians but enrollment is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy down. This is not the olive branch you think.

And they are needing all the people they can get. It's bitter sweet a victory for those wanting to enroll. Congratulations, sort of!

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican
Beggars can't be choosers. No offense to Ladies, Gays & Lesbians but enrollment is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy down. This is not the olive branch you think.

Brilliantly skeptical!
I like it.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Silly Nixie, I didn't know women still couldn't serve on subs! That is pretty bad. Didn't realize we were still lagging in that area.

Being a female, all I can think: what female would want too?

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Having known many "Boomer's" as well as "Attack" Dolphin's, all I can say is.... This is gonna be interesting....

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by LiquidLight

"The only question is whether or not this will cause an increase in sexual harassment allegations."
Most likely. And if they are covertley stuck underwater somewhere the victim will have be stick it out in proximity to the attacker. And may not even have a way to communicate with the outside world.
Just my random thoughts.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Being a female that was in the Navy, I don't see WHY women would want to be on one. The main reason why they don't have them on there now is because women have a monthly visitor and disposing of tampons and pads isn't really possible on a submarine. I was on an aircraft carrier and it was pretty gross for the trash people and it was a big vessel not a teeny tiny one that's underwater for 3 months.

Not to mention there is hotracking on subs, which is 3 people to the SAME rack at different times during the day.

I read that in order for females to go on subs, they would have to have had a hystorectomy.

I'm a female and believe in female rights but this isn't going to work in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I can already hear the Navy wives yelling and screaming about this. It was bad enough they way they carried on when women started going to combatant ships.

I'm glad they're getting the opportunity. I've always thought it should be equal across the board. Plus i'm retired so i don't have to deal with it.

top topics

join