It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Dead in Luke AFB Shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

One Dead in Luke AFB Shooting

www.myfoxny.com

LITCHFIELD PARK, Ariz. - Police are investigating a shooting and crash that killed one person at Luke Air Force Base in the city of Litchfield Park, Arizona.

Police said a vehicle drove through the gate Tuesday morning. When a security officer tried to stop the car it drove directly at him.

Police said the officer opened fire and the vehicle crashed.

One person in the car was killed and another was taken to the hospital.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
It seems like every day now we are having military base shootings or disgruntled citizens taking up arms and doing radical things. Are these just manifestations of the signs of our times or merely unrelated incidences that are only coincidentally events.

I don't think its a coincidence myself. It seems as though we may be headed towards a very sour future.

www.myfoxny.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The military has classified it as a suicide....

Just kidding.. but seriously, the military classifies just about every non-combat death as suicide.. It's kind of disturbing how lazy, bad, and brazen they are at lying.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Upon further review, it appears as though this was just a case of car theft gone wrong.

www.abc15.com...

[edit on 23-2-2010 by vor78]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Agreed . It seems to be picking up, the attacks that is. There was an attempt to poision the food at a base recently also. Don't live in fear , but definitly be aware of your surroundings at all times. The media is down playing everything, but the war is here now.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

That is exactly what I wonder. Are these events secretly related to something larger underground that the media has strict gag orders on? Or is it even related in the larger sense of a poor economy and rough political climate?
This much is certain the frequency of these kinds of events are increasing.They gotta be related to something.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The military (at least when I wore a uniform) is nothing but a cross section of our society. As such we can expect that if the attacks rise in the civilian world, the same will happen in uniform.

The other thing I think we are witnessing is greater coverage from the media. We had multiple deaths around us in stateside training, and nothing was ever said outside the immediate base/post.

Some transparency is good. Lets say translucency...but complete transparency to those not part of the military will only be confusing! Many people do not understand that training with the weapons of war is dangerous business, and people are hurt and killed every day with no enemy around.

Since the bases have become more security conscious, I would expect the incident/death rate to increase at the front gates.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I have been watching lame ass Fox news all week (local). I didnt hear anything about this...I know, I know you don't hear alot about anything on Fox news but I thought this would be one of those things they would like to rehash over and over until youre sick to your stomach. Wierd.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Flakey

A couple of things. First, it might help to know that Luke AFB sits in the City of Glendale. Litchfield Park is not a city, it is a suburb of the city of Glendale which is the 3rd largest city in Arizona. By no means is this AFB in the middle of BFE. There is a large population of civilians in very close proximity to the base, which makes the story that it was a random act of car theft gone wrong more plausible.

Second, I was watching the local news this morning and a lot of the questions that they were asking the Captain in charge of P.R., he was diverting to the city of Glendale Police. For instance, "What are the names of the suspects? What are their ages? What is their condition? Which hospital are they in?" The captain kept responding- "Ask Glendale" If the questions referred to something that happened ON base, he answered. Questions regarding things OFF base, he didn't

Now, I'm not well versed in militaty protocol. Is there anyone here that is that can clear this up for me? I understand that the suspects were probably civilians, that's why Glendale P.D.is involved. But a military person shot and killed a civilian on an Air Force base. Where are the legal lines here? Just curious.

Peace

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I agree with a few things a couple of you said. I expect training accidents. Training with live ammunition leads to fatal mistakes on occasion. Tragic but a statistical inevitability and that is not covered much in the news.

What is covered are these strange civilian occurrences. When the Fort Hood Shooting broke out originally three people were involved and one held hostages. When the story ended it was the result of one man gone bad that nobody happened to notice despite all the warning signs being very obvious.

With this Luke AFB story we have two individuals who tried to rush the gate in a stolen car. I'm not a criminal but if I was in a stolen car I would make the effort to avoid the authorities not drive toward them. The Air force Base is the last place I would be near. It is possible they specifically stole the car to try and get on base and do something else. Who knows? Maybe they were following the bad example of Joe Stack?

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Looking, but not findig out if the guards were civilians or military. Not that it makes any difference, but it would be interesting to know. It might also restore some faith in civilian contractors within our military establishment if they turn out to be civilian.

new topics

top topics

join