It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halo II: Mystery UFO cloud - Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
THIS mysterious cloud halo has been spotted over Mexico — sparking fears of an Independence Day style alien attack.
The astonishing ring was spotted over the central American state and video of it was posted on the internet — prompting speculation its cause was extra-terrestrial.

It is the SECOND time such an amazing sighting has been seen — after The Sun revealed one was recorded in skies over Moscow last October.

www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

HI, expat:
Fallstreak hole AKA Hole Punch Cloud

Thanks for sharing

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Wow! further proof that the Sun seeks to be the British National Enquirer.

Brit Humour alert: The following comment may not make sense to non-brits!

Has the "Currant Bun" the run out of nekkid women for Page three or are UFOs the new page 3??

T

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
This is a really fascinating phenomena.

But I am not convinced that it is the same as the halo over Moscow.
The two phenomena look quite different to me, although this may be because of differences in atmospheric conditions & lighting

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

That explanation seems pretty convoluted and contrived to me. Right up there with swamp gas and "It was the planet Venus."

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by warpcrafter

That explanation seems pretty convoluted and contrived to me. Right up there with swamp gas and "It was the planet Venus."

Nope. It's science. Ask a pilot. There is no conspiracy in these kinds of cloud formations. Planes dip through the clouds and it disrupts the cloud in a way that almost resembles dropping a pebble into water. The surface becomes disrupted and creates a circle as it expands. The water vapor that is within it begins to gather and makes a little funnel looking thing.

Sometimes I think that the ATS motto should be 'deny ignorance, consider science'.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by patmac

Well that could be an explanation for some of them, however the one over Moscow was most definitely in a "no fly" zone. I am in Moscow regularly and I happen to know that no aircraft ever fly in the area where that cloud anomaly occurred.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

FAIL!! Whoever posted this matter on Sun, comparing with Moscow halo, failed. Definitely they are completely different. This mexican phenomena seems more like a hole in the clouds, but I don't dismiss the possibility of that hole has been caused by a camouflaged UFO. The halo over Moscow seemed HAARP made.

[edit on 22-2-2010 by ucalien]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
The natural phenomena solution to UFO effects.
No one ever says UFOs can make circles in the sky.
If you control the ether you control more than clouds.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   

G'day expat2368

This is just a cloud.

It has been covered many times on ATS.

You will find interesting & useful reading pertaining to this if you use Google &/or ATS search & look for "hole punch cloud".

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 24-2-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Many times the posters on ATS might be wrong.
Perhaps some ignore the evidence but there are events proving the
circle cloud and saucer connection right here on ATS.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I would suggest checking into some of the Norway spiral threads.
Although the spiral was in clear skies the technology to produce atmospheric change is really interesting. Most visual HAARP stuff is round and often spiral in nature.
I think since there are so many of these circles in the clouds and skies lately that it may well be Pumping of the upper atmosphere effecting the Troposphere.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Looks like a bunch of other clouds from UFO saucers all in a row.
They do come in bunches.

Wiki has to be so cover up the UFO with Project Blue Book Natural
Phenomena excuses for their lack of knowledge being led by
the Illuminati.

ED: photo was on the web at:

[edit on 2/24/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368
reply to post by patmac

Well that could be an explanation for some of them, however the one over Moscow was most definitely in a "no fly" zone. I am in Moscow regularly and I happen to know that no aircraft ever fly in the area where that cloud anomaly occurred.

It's my understanding that an airplane does NOT need to be involved to create a punch-hole cloud (in fact, the phenomenon had been described for many years before the advent of flight). Can "oz weatherman" or "Essan" confirm this?

My understanding of the phenomenon is this: A portion of the atmosphere becomes more humid, and the center of the cloud condenses and drops out of the cloud, forming the "hole" and the funnel shape in the center.

Perhaps a plane flying through a cloud could artificially condense the air and cause a hole to drop out of the cloud, but from what I know, it can also occur naturally.

[edit on 2/24/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Your understanding is correct. Aircraft exhaust can create the required increase in humidity but so can other things. Things like a thermal updraft from lower levels or an atmospheric wave carrying moister air from above or below the cloud.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

You're on the right track

the actual cause though, is cirrus cloud prodcuing virga, which falls through a lower cloud layer such as cirrocumulus or altocumulus. Thats why on almost every occasion, cirrus can be found inthe centre of hole punch clouds.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
One should be very skeptical of anything that has the sun as the source that the story is linked to. These clouds are a rare but explainable phenomenon.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
you forget romania too:

[edit on 24-2-2010 by TheCoffinman]

top topics

join