It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

limit to new members?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
someone I know is trying to register as a member here , but she keeps getting a message saying that there's been enough people registered today?????? Is this right? that we can only handle so many new members per day, and if so, when is the best time to try and register?

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Tell her to register tomorrow. This happend to me too when i tried to register. I guess we cant handle too many people in one day. Maybe we should get more mods. I vote val!! lol. Or maybe she tried registering more than once. Then she cant register after 24 hours...

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Only one new member per-IP address per-day is allowed.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
yeah this is one member from one IP address.
what I did was registered my sister through my pc by setting up another user account with my provider, She is now accessing ATS from a friends pc , but her friend wants to register, is it the fact that my sister is logging on from her friends pc that is preventing her friend from registering with her own e-mail account?

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I am a newbie to this board but my registration went right through two days ago.. no problems at all

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
My daughter tried to register yesterday and the same thing happened to her.. so is it because we use the same browser with the same IP? even though they are separate accounts??

She was really wanting to sign in and well I told her to keep trying when she is online.

Gazz

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Don't have that problem here, Gazz. We have the same IP but 3 of us are members.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I just created another user account with my IP in the same way that I got my sister registered , to try and get our friend on here and I got the same message, enough members have registered today, try again in 24 hours.
now I haven't tried to register any new accounts since I registered my sister, at the beginning of the month, and as I said, the friend that is trying to register hasn't got anyone else registered through her IP. I've been asked for advice on what to do , but I don't really know what to suggest. She has been trying to register for several days now. Could it be a case of needing to delete temporary internet files

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
No problem here with multiple members froma single IP. Both my daughters are members and we all access through a cable connection. I wonder if being behind a router makes a difference. I wish I knew their members names.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Ok when she tries to register from her user account she sees a page that says something like ATS has reached it's max of new members for the day please try again in 24 hours.

I will have her try again tomorrow before I log in.

Gazz

join