It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever Run The Vaccum Cleaner and Threaten To Suck Up The Kids???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I have.
To this day, my little grandchildren are afraid of the vaccum cleaner because of me chasing them around with the hose!!

So, come clean, (pun intended) how many times have you chased off the kids with YOUR vaccum?

*This is a fun thread- do not bring anything like child abuse into this. *

Thank you.
well?

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Tried that with my son once, he called my bluff.

Course this is the same kid who thinks that gravity is optional.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

No reaction, ey??
Too smart for that.

Ha ha ha... i dont know what reminded me of this, but when i plug the vaccum and turn it on, everyone hides and runs for their lives.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Ah yes..good times..
But more so threaten to suck up every stray toy in my path.
Many a lego bit, army man,polly pocket, and others have reaped the hoover whirlwind.
I now live in a place with zero carpet, so no use for a vaccum.
Only affect the broom has is proving to them that mom is secretly a witch.

[edit on 20-2-2010 by AccessDenied]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Haaa yeah I cant stand the vacuum cleaner! It's not because my mom chased me with it, it's because every weekend at 7am I was awoken to the sound of that darn thing. To this day I like hard wood floors and I use a little shark vacuum. If someone wanted to torture me, a vacuum would be the best way lol

My nephew who is 3 LOVES the vacuum. He is always trying to play with it. My sister got him a play one but he wants the real one. He even cleans the house with her Cone vacuum until it dies. He gets mad when you try to take it from him. It's cute!

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I had a one night stand with a hoover once, her name was Hetty. She had a great suction technique and as a bonus she cleaned my room before she left in the morning

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I don't actually threaten to suck him up but I do enjoy chasing him around with it while he laughs and taunts me thinking I couldn't catch him. lol

It's really cute.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Hahahahaha! Funny! I don't have kids, but it sure used to freak the cats out. I only have one cat now and she is deaf so she's safe. LOL

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Mine don't think I know how to even turn a hoover on since I don't use it often.. not that the house is dirty but the husband is the hoover expert in this house. The kids get the chore as well... me I do dishes.

The threat that works best is taking away MY debit card.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Ha ha ha.. I knew i wasnt alone!!!! I just hope one day they dont sit in a shrinks office and tell them about what grandma used to do.

I would just roll over.

I know they love me inspite of my sillyness.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Yes, I have.

My 4 year old currently doesn't like me very much because of this fact lol

Neither do our dogs for that matter

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Wow, if vacuum chasing ever becomes an Olympic event, BTS could field a gold medal team.

Actually, I bought my sons toy vacuum cleaners when they were toddlers. Mr Vacuum was fun. Eventually they learned to play with Mr Lawnmower. And I let them play with Mr Kitchen Mop, too.

Mr Cat Litter Box Scoop and Mr Dog Poop Shovel provided some entertainment, not always their favorite pastime. When they were old enough, I let them play with Mr Washer and Mr Dryer; they learned how to sort their clothes to feed Mr Washer his meals.

I couldn't quite get them to enjoy Mr Dustrag or Mr Scoring Pad for the Bathtub...and definitely not Mr Toilet Bowl Brush. Sigh...they never really took to kitchen toys, like Mr Dishwasher, but they used Mr Cast Iron Skillet and Mr Microwave.

They're all grown up now and on their own. I guess I could have fun when the grandkids come along...hehehe....Come here, My Pretties! Grandma wants to suck you up!...hahaha...yeah, that does sound fun!

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert
I guess I could have fun when the grandkids come along...hehehe....Come here, My Pretties! Grandma wants to suck you up!...hahaha...yeah, that does sound fun!

Oh you will!!! Trust me!

top topics

join