It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police give up search for ( Lachlan Cranswick) missing nuclear scientist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Police give up search for missing nuclear scientist

www.thestar.com

The 41-year-old physicist, whose job entailed running experiments for the National Research Council, had just finished some work for a researcher overseas and left his findings on his desk, to be mailed later.

Sometime that night or the next morning, he took his garbage bins outside for pickup.

Then, he vanished without a trace.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edited name into title

[edit on 21/2/10 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
This kind of thing is worrysome. Who could have wanted a nuclear scientist and what for?

There isn't much to the story, but the lack of any clues as to why he disappeared has me thinking he was grabbed to work on something. The mind reels at the possibilities.

I'm thinking about terrorists, dirty bombs, countries developing nuclear devices and all sorts of nastiness.

Let's hope I'm wrong and it's a case where the fellow decided on a fling with a waitress from the local Tim Hortons

www.thestar.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
There is a another thread discussing the death of two other nuclear physicists.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If foul play is involved, this would make three in less than six months.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I would be conspiratorial to think that he was abducted and taken off world to Mars or Saturn to finish his life in the sciences doing what trained to do, but never to return to earth again. Where do you think the off world colony's get there needed scientist? From Earth and that of course and that causes all type of conspiracies. Let me think a sec.

And then there's the one about perhaps he's been kidnapped by aliens, or how about kidnapped by extremist to put together some Lex Luther device or secret weapon in some extremist prison laboratory in some cave, or how about he was perhaps just mugged and dumped in the river and he hasn't been found since since the river runs pretty strong and of course he could have been where he was looking for some momentary horizontal female refreshment and got robbed and killed in some crack house and hasn't been found yet or perhaps he was looking for some illegal pharmaceutical party favors and got taken by those that harvest organs and of course he could have been snatched at the local convenience store where he was sacrificed by some cult or Satanic group to Baal and the the such in the back yard and then they burned the body and such?

I don't want to leave out the Vampires so in closing I think we could keep this up for a while if we began such a quest.

Take your pick, but I doubt we will ever know the truth of this disappearance. All we can do is hope he is alive and enjoying off world life.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
I'm thinking about terrorists, dirty bombs, countries developing nuclear devices and all sorts of nastiness.

If he just disappeared like POOF, then it's gotta be either Terrorists, Time-Travelers, Aliens, or Israel (they have a history of this kind of stuff, including Vanunu and that Hamas commander recently, among other cases...).

Take your pick.

[edit on 21-2-2010 by MegaCurious]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by msdesertrat
There is a another thread discussing the death of two other nuclear physicists.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If foul play is involved, this would make three in less than six months.

Unless the individuals in question were 'removed' because they were secretly helping a certain country that seems to be everyone's favourite whipping boy at the moment.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaxBlack

I don't want to leave out the Vampires so in closing I think we could keep this up for a while if we began such a quest.

You've quite forgotten the Wicked Queen of the North turning the poor man into a frog.

Take your pick, but I doubt we will ever know the truth of this disappearance. All we can do is hope he is alive and enjoying off world life.

You may be right. On the other hand, the CSIS will no doubt get involved, as will the Mounties. Just because the local police forces have given up the search does not mean other intelligence gathering forces won't pick up the case. This could also go international as it raises concerns over terror attacks.

[edit on 21/2/10 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Lachlan Cranswick is from Australia, but worked in England before going to Canada. Here is his homepage in the hopes of finding clues.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I was just starting a thread about all of the missing Nuclear scientist's and I am glad I found yours....

Something is going on, I think "Big Oil" is keeping something hush hush about an important finding that was shared among the Nuclear community.

Free Energy?

As of this post here is another Missing Nuclear Scientist.

Missing Nuclear Scientist

Some big time reporter needs to do some digging, this could be a big scoop!! There are lots more scientists that have gone missing in the past year.....very scary!!

-Kdial1

[edit on 25-2-2010 by kdial1]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I partially agree with kdial1.

I think a good possibility of what happened to this fellow is that he was doing his work, either he found something that was not wanted to be known or he was working on something that was not wanted to be leaked.

I think perhaps that if the latter one is true, that he probably didn't realize how important his employer or whoever saw what he was doing was. I think this, because one would assume someone as smart as a nuclear scientist would know to be very careful what they did or where they went as there might be a "kill me" sign on his back, you know what I mean.

I do wish that this man be okay, but those were my thoughts.

The Protector

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

and how many microbiologists have gone missing or died?

the number is high, maybe 20 or 30 over a few decades.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

www.amazon.com...=cm_pdp_rev_more?ie=UTF8&sort_by=MostRecentReview#R28G4X38XPTUPG

Reviews Written by
Lachlan Cranswick (Daresbury, England)
Show: Most recent reviews Most recent comments Page: 1

Passchendaele: The Untold Story
by Robin Prior
Edition: Paperback
Availability: Out of Print--Limited Availability
19 used & new from $3.50

36 of 40 people found the following review helpful:
Eye opener, Highly readable and top notch scholarship, January 25, 2000
Unlike the usual dross (though still readable) that many WWI history books are like, this is an amazingly good book.
The authors have obviously done their background work using the primary sources to an extent that to the reader, they convincingly break several WWI myths as routinely stated in many WWI history books.

The first being about Battles of Attrition; making it clear the aims of the Generals in the various battles had solid strategic objectives that they were trying to gain. The Attrition excuse being made after the event to try and make a failed battle sound like a victory of sorts.

Tanks were not a war winning weapon in WWI, but of importance for supporting the infantry (tanks being highly vunerable to artillary. The argument by the authors is that artillary was the WWI winning weapon on the Western Front.

The main eye opener (for me at least) was the primary importance of artillary and evolving role and technology of the artilliary which had developed (high accuracy continuous correction shelling, counter battery, creeping barrage) to the point by 1917 that potentially, the British could break the German lines on the Western Front to a limited extend, and with limited casualties. However the hankering by Haig for a Breakthrough (and continous belief that one more push would demolish the morale of the German Army) helped lead "inadvertantly" to another attrition style battle.

Overall, well worth buying and hopefully setting the standard that future WWI histories will be written to.

Strange he would of liked a book about WWI that shows the use of a new advancement in artillary changed the outcome of the war by stopping soldiers from being used as cannon fodder? Could he be working on a new advancement in weapons that will change soldiers from being used as cannon fodder? Terrorist wanting more than just suicide bombers and stepping up to nuclear bombs?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

1. Powder Diffraction: Theory and Practice by Armel Le Bail, Ian Madsen, Lachlan M.D. Cranswick, and Jeremy Karl Cockcroft (Hardcover - 10 Mar 2008)
Buy new: £59.00 £54.55
15 new from £40.976 used from £45.15

Get it by Saturday, Feb 27 if you order in the next 14 hours and choose express delivery.
Eligible for FREE Super Saver Delivery.
Excerpt - Table of Contents: "491 Chapter 17 Computer Software for Powder Diffraction Lachlan M. D. Cranswick 17.1 Introduction 494 17"
Books: See all 2 items
2. Principles and Applications of Powder Diffraction by Abraham Clearfield, Joseph Reibenspies, and Nattamai Bhuvanesh (Hardcover - 19 Sep 2008)
Buy new: £90.00 £85.50
23 new from £65.982 used from £125.51

Get it by Saturday, Feb 27 if you order in the next 17 hours and choose express delivery.
Eligible for FREE Super Saver Delivery.
Excerpt - page 1: "Chapter 1 An Overview of Powder Diffraction Lachlan M. D. Cranswick ©Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Canada 1.1 Introduction"
Books: See all 2 items

www.amazon.co.uk...=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Lachlan+M.D.+Cranswick&x=19&y=15

Hes also listed as part of these two books about powder defraction?

new topics

top topics

join