It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's settle this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Okay I want to help most of you with understanding me. If anybody has any true questions, suggestions, and comments feel free to ask. I am not doing this to sound full of myself ,but to help people understand me. Like I previously stated.Just so we know it's about my time travel theory.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gentill Abdulla
Like I previously stated.Just so we know it's about my time travel theory.

Hello,
Would you mind posting a link to the thread I missed pertaining to this thread?

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

It's this thread it's pretty long though.20 pages. Basically some scientist says it will theoretically work then says no to my other one. Which by the way is almost the exact same thing but way easier on the energy. I do believe at some points that it was hard to understand me though.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Gentill Abdulla

Thanks. I'll have a look. I do find Timetravel rather intriguing. Though at this point, my little mind can't really fathom the actual possibility. Off to do some reading.
Be back shortly.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Hello,
I read about five or six posts then had an idea. You know the electric fog they talk about over the Bermuda Triangle? There have been cases of people traveling what would be a three-hour trip from one point, then they'd encounter a fog with a tunnel going through it. They'd follow the tunnel, and when they come out of it, their three hour trip took only about fifteen minutes!
Discovery channel is where I think I saw the program I'm refering to. So, with that said and providing I agree that what those people claimed, I'd have to say that indeed time-travel is minutely possible. In forward motion. Backwards doesn't seem feasable thus far...
OK. What kind of apparatus are these magnets attached to? Is it a one-seater, or two? Is it achievable to pin-point where in time one travels to, and then return to the point of origin? Will the magnetic field/black-hole disable a digital camcorder if one wishes to document any successful experimentation?

[edit on (2/19/1010 by loveguy]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

Well they are really strong magnets so there would be large amounts of interferences. But I do think the camera can be made to withstand such fields. Well in the varied form of the old experiment the magnets were compressed. By keeping the magnets compressed you can allow it to form a ring shaped black hole through the compression. So there is a fixed hole without having to change the singularity. Also just by rotating this object it would cause frame dragging at the center of this gate. Picture it like a highly dense ring put on the fabric. This fabric is the space time continuum. So when you rotate the object it creates a rippled center at the middle of this object. This is where you walk through. Which is what I mean by gate.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Gentill Abdulla

I have read your 'time machine' description but cannot picture its design or operation properly from what was written. Can you describe it again and maybe post a schematic?

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
nm my mistake (got the wrong thread)

[edit on 20-2-2010 by daniel_g]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LightFantastic

Alright imagine a magnetic ring. This ring is lets say 7 feet in circumference. Now imagine lots of smaller rings making up the magnet. Then in 8 magnets on each of the rings. These rings push the magnet down in all directions. Now imagine this whole object in an upright position. It would look like a gate. NOW imagine the magnets pushing in on the ring making it gain mass. Now as it's gaining mass rotate the object ,by the side only. This would create a ring black hole. Where the middle of the whole apparatus the frame dragging causes a gate to be opened. By walking through it you end up in a different time period. Imagine it like this. A very dense ring on a fabric.The fabric is space time. now what happens when you rotate the object. The fabric ripples. This ripple can allow you to have a kind of star gate to a different time period. All of this of course is in the OLD model where there is a lot of energy needed. But this is still similar to my new one.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Alright imagine a magnetic ring. This ring is lets say 7 feet in circumference.

What is a magnetic ring? Keep in mind that if you want to produce a magnetic field using a ring, the ring cannot be closed (scroll down to botton of this page: hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu... -> the blue lines are the magnetic field on that drawing) and it will need an electric current if we ever want to see a magnetic field. A ring by itself cannot be magnetic because there would be no poles.

Then in 8 magnets on each of the rings.

That's not even a sentence. (verb missing)

These rings push the magnet down in all directions.

The magnetic field of a ring is perpendicular to the direction of the current, hence it will never 'push' the magnet down in all directions.

NOW imagine the magnets pushing in on the ring making it gain mass.

What is 'it', the ring, or the magnets? But anyways, the magnets won't push on the ring, but if they somehow did, how exactly would 'it' gain mass? Remember, mass measures the amount of matter in an object, if the amount of matter doesn't change, then mass won't change either.

Everything else you say is based on the assumptions that everything before it works, but I just don't see it yet.

[edit on 20-2-2010 by daniel_g]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by daniel_g

A magnetic ring is just what I wrote to describe a magnet with a hole in it.
You see it's just that but bigger. We will just call the magnetic ring the "bigger magnet" for simplicity reasons.My bad I forgot to change the sentence. The sentence is supposed to say " Then place 8 magnets on each of these rings." "It" is the "bigger magnet". To the last part of your comment I was referring to a way were the "bigger magnet" could act like a massive star being compressed by gravity ,until it reaches it Scwarzschild Radius. Though I have replaced gravity with electromagnetism. This will create a really dense black hole in the SHAPE of the "bigger magnet". This ring does have to be rotating for two reasons. The first reason being that without the rotation to combat gravity the magnetic structure will be destroyed ,and along with the magnet the black hole too. The second reason is there won't be any time travel possible. Mostly because that the frame dragging will never have happened ,and without the frame dragging we can't time travel.Now the main problem I think is energy. But I believe I have completely solved that problem with my new plan.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Ok so now I understand we have a 7ft diameter permanent magnet but little else. How are the poles orientated on this magnet, across the short direction (face to face) or the long direction?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I did want the magnet to be look more like a hoop. The answer to the next question is the long direction. So just to recap the "bigger magnet" with smaller magnets compressing it from all ways.Increasing the density and allowing it to fulfill it's own Schwarzchild Radius. The "bigger magnet" doesn't HAVE to fulfill the radius ,the "bigger magnet" just has to be able to warp space-time which can be done without compressing the "bigger magnet" all the way. Remember though that this is the old model!

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

The compression was supposed to make the magnet gain infinite energy density. That is what I mean by gaining mass. But simply crushing the magnet I thought was too barbaric. So I thought of another way to do this without crushing the magnet.

[edit on 22-2-2010 by Gentill Abdulla]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
So any OTHER questions?

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

So any OTHER questions?

You need to try and explain your idea better and a diagram would help.

Here are a few questions anyway:

1. How do you prevent your singularity from evaporating away very quickly?
2. Where would the wormhole go?

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Well those two questions are the reasons that I thought it was too barbaric. Because you would have to keep crushing the magnet. The wormhole would have to bend space. so using the same process you could bend space between the black holes. Then they act like a wormhole. By this I mean that if both sides are magnetic ,and they come toward each other, the warp that both of the black holes have shortens space and creates a gateway to another place.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Well, whatever you do with that magnet, youd better have all the metal and stuff out of your pockets or else your gonna get jerked!

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Yeah make sure you don't have a steel plate in your head or your screwed!

top topics

join