It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More than 75,000 computer systems hacked in one of largest cyber attacks, security firm says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

More than 75,000 computer systems at nearly 2,500 companies in the United States and around the world have been hacked in what appears to be one of the largest and most sophisticated attacks by cyber criminals discovered to date, according to a northern Virginia security firm.

The attack, which began in late 2008 and was discovered last month, targeted proprietary corporate data, e-mails, credit-card transaction data and login credentials at companies in the health and technology industries in 196 countries, according to Herndon-based NetWitness.

Read more at the SOURCE

It's strange how this news comes just a few days after the Cyber ShockWave Simulated Cyber Attack Set for Tuesday

I'm not saying that the events are connected directly, but rather, they are releasing this info in a particular sequence in order to condition us. Or at least that is the vibe that I'm getting.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I'm more fascinated in the fact that it took them nearly two years to realize this. I thought computer people were supposed to be bright!

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by cjcord

Hey I like your sig, can I snake it to go with my picture?

On topic.. I think they are just ramping up for the clamping down of the internet...

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Huh - I'll return my wages if I left troyan on company network for 2 years! I eradicated all Win servers and know I sleep much better BTW.
I'm not sure but almost all computers of government agencies in US run on Windows? Why? Because price? Because security? Because stupidity and corruption?

top topics

join