It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SOHO LASCO C3, 2-18-10

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
There's an interesting effect on the LASCO image for today.

The effect almost looks like an eye. Any idea what would cause such a strange phenomenon?

No matter what caused it, you have to admit it's pretty unusual.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
They take pictures of space near the sun, the thing in the middle is blocking out the sun so they can take pictures.
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...
They have different colors to see different features, nothing strange at all you can go to grifith obervatory and see it in person if you would like.

[edit on 18-2-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
yep, nothing unusual here.

its a screen so they can see the corona better.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
The Sun's corona is not visible. I don't know if I've seen anything exactly like this before but I have seen similar.

There would seem to be a problem with the imager.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I know what the LASCO C3 is. I've been watching it for a long time now. Normally it looks like a field of stars, with the sun in the center with the occasional CME coming off. Today's image looks considerably different though. I assume some kind of imaging problem produced the picture, but it's still intriguing.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AshOnMyTomatoes

They seem to have many imaging problems dont they! sorry just looked at image, read 2nd post and went into auto mode when I dissmissed it was normal.

thats some intense brightness goin on aint it, must be an imaging prob tho, its not like the sun was causing that effect otherwise we would know about it.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Been looking at the LASCO C3 for the last hr, there is an anomaly at about 10 o clock on the disc. Is this a processing anomaly as it seems to have moved from behind the dic if you view the previous pics.

It also appears on the LASCO C2

LASCO C3

I'm quite new to viewing LASCO images so any sensible suggestion appreciated.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Jamjar

That is the planet Mercury.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Cheers Phage,

Posted it seperately in Science forum no knowing any1 would see it attached to here, got same response, thankfully no ITS A MOTHERSHIP posts lol

Cheers again

top topics

join