It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libertarian Presidential Candidate is Badnarik

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
[mutters about how he had to pay 500 points...]

Not yet determined.

I will be determined after 9am eastern, Sunday.

Libertarian National Convention

On C-SPAN, Sunday May 30th; it will start at 9am eastern live.

You can watch it on your local cable tv, or if you do not have that channel, or cable tv, you can watch it on the web (as long as you don't use dial-up)

C-SPAN TV

For more information, see...
National Libertarian Party
Gary Nolan (Libertarian Presidential Candidate)
Aaron Russo (Libertarian Presidential Canidate)
Michael Badnarik (Libertarian Presidential Candidate)

Bush's Third Party Threat �'The Libertarians will impact Republicans more than Nader will impact Democrats,' said Lawrence Jacobs..."

[Edited on 5-30-2004 by BeingWatchedByThem]

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   
They are now starting the nominations.

On C-SPAN, Sunday May 30th; it will start at 9am eastern live.

You can watch it on your local cable tv, or if you do not have that channel, or cable tv, you can watch it on the web (as long as you don't use dial-up)

Watch Now

Bush's Third Party Threat �'The Libertarians will impact Republicans more than Nader will impact Democrats,' said Lawrence Jacobs..."

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
They are now starting the first round of voting!

I will keep you updated, what happens.

Watch Now

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
After the first round of nomination voing, here are the results:

Badnarik....256 votes

Nolan.........246 votes

Russo.........258 votes

Others........18 votes

405 votes are needed to secure the nomination

The second round of voting will start very shortly.

Watch Now

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
After the SECOND round of nomination voting, here are the results:

Badnarik......................249 votes

Nolan...........................244 votes

Russo...........................285 votes

None of the Above........5 votes

The third round of voting will start very shortly.

Gary Nolan Is Cut

It is now down to:
- Aaron Russo
- Michael Badnarik
- None of the above

NOLAN HAS TOLD HIS SUPPORTERS TO VOTE FOR Michael Badnarik

Watch Now

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I was totally going for Russo man... I hope he gets it........ Didn't watch today, I had to go to the new house and work on it before we moved in. I'm gonna go check it out, libertarians all the way baby, keep it goin till they get to the top... I hope I hope I hope!

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I now present to you, the next President of the United States of America, who will return this country to it's true principles and de jure state: Michael Badnarik

Information

I do not have the totals regarding the results, I left to go to a relative's funeral and missed the third [and final?] votes. I am looking for them on the internet, and will post them, when I find them.

Thank you and please vote for the Party of principle

www.lp.org...

or telephone at:
1-800-ELECT-US

[Edited on 5-31-2004 by BeingWatchedByThem]

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
do you know the odds of a thrid party winning an election now a days?

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Results for the THIRD round of nomination voting, here are the results:

Badnarik.......................423 votes

Russo...........................344 votes

None of the Above........11 votes

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
do you know the odds of a thrid party winning an election now a days?

I guess you do not know, the THIRD-largest political Party in America is Libertarian. We have over 600 elected in office right now, and get our Presidential candidate on 49 or all 50 state ballots.

Remember, Republicians were a 3rd party at one time.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I love this guy, I knew he was a straight-shooter (no pun intended) from the day I met him at his Constitution Class.

"11. What would you do on your first day in office?

a) Declare that all four national emergencies are immediately terminated, as well as the presumption of Emergency War Powers. Senate Report 93-549 has found that the "national emergencies" announced by FDR in 1933 because of the Great Depression, by Truman because of the Korean War, and two initiated by Nixon because of the Vietnam War, are still in effect today. (Skeptical readers can search the internet for this report and read it for themselves.)

b) Declare that all 20,000+ gun control laws in the United States are unconstitutional and unenforceable. I would also issue a valid executive order to the BATF and other pseudo police agencies informing them that any agent who confiscates a weapon of any kind, from someone who is not currently engaged in a murder or robbery, will not only be terminated from their position, but they will also be prosecuted for violating the unalienable rights of the citizens they have sworn to protect.

c) Issue another valid executive order to my subordinates executives working for the IRS. That order would instruct them to come to work, make a pot of coffee, and begin working on their resumes' pending a federal grand jury investigation as to the legitimacy of the Sixteenth Amendment and the Internal Revenue Code. High ranking officials from that department would be closely monitored as flight risks, pending indictments for fraud in the event that evidence proves that they knew that no statute exists that requires Americans to fill out a 1040 form and relinquish a significant percentage of their hard earned money to an unconstitutional government that refuses to operate within a budget.

d) Declare the Federal Reserve Act of 1913 to be unconstitutional, and prohibit that organization from printing even one more dollar of fiat currency. I would immediate appoint Bernard Von Nothaus, Monetary Architect for the Liberty Dollar, to be my Secretary of the Treasury, placing the stability of our economy in his capable hands.

e) I would announce a special one-week session of Congress where all 535 members would be required to sit through a special version of my Constitution class. Once I was convinced that every member of Congress understood my interpretation of their very limited powers, I would insist that they restate their oath of office while being videotaped. Those videos could then be used as future evidence should they ever vote to violate the rights of Americans again.

f) I would take a short break for lunch. "

That's just the morning folks!

www.badnarik.com...

NEWS: Austin computer programer wins Libertarian presidential nod SFGate.com

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   

b) ... I would also issue a valid executive order to the BATF and other pseudo police agencies informing them that any agent who confiscates a weapon of any kind, from someone who is not currently engaged in a murder or robbery, will not only be terminated from their position, but they will also be prosecuted for violating the unalienable rights of the citizens they have sworn to protect.

So rape and hostage situations, etc. are apparently exempt. Well thought out position, I must say.:shk:

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
So rape and hostage situations, etc. are apparently exempt. Well thought out position, I must say.:shk:

It only applies to the federal jurisdiction, states are sovereign, they can still do those things, as long as they stay with in the bounds of the constitution, and bill of rights.

Also, for him to name every time, would be ludicrous,

I breath when...

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Where do I send money to the Republicans for Badnarik conversion committee?

It's too bad he'll get no press compared to Nadar.

It's that darn 'liberal' media trying to throw another election Bush's way.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
....they'll blame it on Badnarick's draw, just like Ross Perot was supposedly why Bush Sr. lost ( bad policy & even worse decisions be damned in both presidencies!)

Any relation to Chuck?

The GOP forgets that huge blocks vote for them on guns ("damn jack booted Feds!!") & Taxes ( "I ain't feedin them thar welfare babies" ) solely

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
....they'll blame it on Nader's draw, just like Diebold/Katherine Harris was supposedly why Gore lost ( lack of consistent policy & even worse decisions in their candidate's voting career be damned!)

The Dems forget that huge blocks vote for them on guns ("Confiscate 'em all!") & Taxes ( "We need to throw more money at another problem we created" ) soley!

BeingWatchedByThem:

Also, for him to name every time, would be ludicrous

Just as long as you recognize the true intent of his exclamation. But after all, he is a politician - they all are.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I might vote for Badnarik, I'm really thinking about it. I want to know my fellow ATSers opinions on a couple things....

I read his platform, and he plans to basically eliminate income tax. How is this a good or bad thing?

He also plans to eliminate all federal funding for schools, environmental agencies, and basically a lot of things that are funded by the government right now. Being a college student, I enjoy the money the government gives me to help me on my way through college. I'm not from a very privileged family, so the money I get from the government helps a lot (it's not much, but it helps).

And lastly, what do you think about his plans to basically cut funding for a lot of the military? Stop funding missile defense systems, cut back on funding for having a prepared military, etc.

I'm in the process of coming to my own conclusions about these things, but it's always good to get a lot of ideas on certain issues.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
FAISCA,

You NEED TO VOTE.......... Many people fall into the ideology of thinking their vote won't count because it's a third party..........The more people like this do vote the more this party won't be a third party anymore...

We need a third party to rescue this country because the other two are just digging a hole for it and burying it with both their fanatical viewpoints..

You need to vote! Vote for Badnark, vote for freedom, vote for lesser government, and vote to get the other two parties kicked to the curb...

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Regarding the elimination of the income tax, I would assume he would replace the lost revenue with a use tax; i.e., gas taxes soley for roads. I think that the income tax funds too many good works, and the idea to eliminate it is simply un-doable as a broad stroke for reform. I do believe that it should be replaced with a flat tax.

I would also have serious discussions regarding military funding.

Another issue that needs much discussion is illegal drug use.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Oh I am going to vote, like my other post said, but I'm in the process of figuring out who's best. I don't think I much like the idea of cutting military spending... Nor do I like the idea that my federal grants might be taken away from me, thus making me probably have to leave my good college. But I guess we'll see...

top topics

join