It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would Happen To People and Religion if Aliens Invaded?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Welshextremist

Lets get this straight. I think most of the things that were said here by Christians are not on par with my beliefs. I don't agree with their beliefs in the slightest but the way you went about stating that was unintelligent and inappropriate.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Welshextremist
tallcool sir are AN ABOSOLUTE JACKASS

u are the perfect example of people whos belief system is just set in stone, theres a name for people like them.. oh yeah IGNORANT

stupid bible belters

so i guess the universe was created in 7 days or 6 thousand years as the bible says right?

and dinosaurs were walking round at the same time as man

and aliens were created in that same space of time
aswell right.. oh wait they werent mentioned i forget

Wow - such anger. Can you show me where I claimed any of those beliefs that you attributed to me? I stated quite clearly that my beliefs were different then most Christians. I do not believe the earth was created in 6 days and that it is only a few thousand years old. I do not believe that dinosaurs and humans inhabited earth at the same time (although it might be possible, but that has nothing to do with Christian faith). My beliefs are most certainly not set in stone. For example, I do not believe in Hell like I once did. This is a mistranslation of the word "grave" in the original Hebrew and Greek languages, so my beliefs evolve as my understanding does. At one time I was an athiest darwinist, but it doesn't take much studying to realise how foolish that religion is....

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

well im sorry if anyone is offended but what i say but im known to speak whats on my mind- the mods can edit if they think it is offensive can they not

but honestly if u dont think anything that THESE people say is remotly crazy then clearly there is something wrong with you.

and if u dont like it then... then... u can have a very nice happy day then good day to you

EDIT to add: i lived in the middle-east for most of my life and there was not a day when someone would be talking about god.. i even remember someone telling me that qu'ran tells us we are made of sand.. i tried to convince we were made of DNA but i couldnt get it throught there thick skulls of theirs. religious people for you

Welsh - My belief is not a religion. I think religions are there to control the sheep who won't think for themselves. But I do have a thick skull. Your comments do not offend me - the very nature of my beliefs make me an easy target for those who believe differently. I just think that there is a more civil way to discuss our differences.

[edit on 18-2-2010 by tallcool1]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by EndOfTheWorld7
The Solor System, the Sun and the Universe are actually revolving around the Earth like the Bible says.

I'm sorry but it has been proved that we evolve around the Sun. Rent out a space shuttle if you want confirmation.

Originally posted by pplrnuts
With approximately 3,000,000,000 galaxies out there (if that stat is correct), and countless number of planets, I have to say that it is very HARD to believe that the true God has specifically chosen one of the middle-east regions population of the planet Earth, in the Milky-way galaxy to be his CHOSEN people. Of ALL the possible life forms that can be out there, his chosen are a bunch of violent fools that will never choose to live in peace.

Haha, that made me laugh. It's true, no doubt about it, why would God(s) choose us? But maybe, we are one of the life forms he has created? A possibility?

And Welsh - I respect your opinions, but I do think some of the posts you've made are inappropriate - we should respect everyone's faiths and their beliefs. It would get rid of a lot of conflicts in the world today.

I don't think I would change my religion. I think we should be adamant instead of giving in to whatever aliens (if they do visit us) wish us to do. I don't think a one world religion would occur though; everyone has different ways of doing things, the history is different and involves different beliefs. Just 'cause aliens invade, there will be many, like us who won't stop believing in God(s).

[edit on 18/2/2010 by BlackPoison94]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatAmI

You are an absolute moron, I really hope the mods just get rid of you. You are arguing a position that you don't posses the mere intelligence to understand or manifest a valid point.

I applaud christians like tallcool because he does not allow the bible to dictate his life. He has his beliefs yet he understands that the bible is not an accurate representation of what occured or is to occur, to me it seems like he understands it's applicable life metaphors.

You are stating that he is a fundamentalist christian, this is wrong. If you read his post you would see that in his statement.

And he is right, you do have anger issues and you argue like a twelve year old that forgot to take his ADHD meds.

Thanks WhatAmI - Yes, you are right. The Bible is not to be taken literally as a whole - it is filled with metaphors. Jesus Himself spoke in parables quite often. These stories are to illustrate a point - and a lot of times that point was that your "holiness" was of little consequense. What matters most is how you treat everyone else. There is much more to my beliefs, but that is not what this thread is about...

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
If aliens invaded as in invaded to conquer or to take this world for themselves then I am of the opinion that worries about what might happen to religion would be the least of our concerns. I cannot imagine the weapons systems an alien invading race would employ but I can imagine that they would be very efficient and powerful and the moment the invasion started would be the moment we would be defeated and utterly too.

We all too often make a delusional mistakes in that because we can blow the hell out of each other with so called smart weapons that these guided explosives are the epitome of modern ways of dealing death. I think we are wrong to think so and in the end our smart weapons still work on the principle of hurling themselves through space to impact the target just like arrows and ballista of the past relied on the same methods. The only difference is distance, targeting, range and killing potential.

I think that weapons we have no idea about would involve manipulations of gravity, electromagnetism, even viral delivery systems that lock into specific racial footprints, destroying pre-programmed targets and leaving the rest free to be picked up as a resource after the invasion is over.

If by invasion you mean they drop in and say “we have arrived – take us to your leaders” then I imagine that there would be a great shock to the human psyche in that we have been proven to be a lot less advanced than we may he otherwise assumed. I think religion would take a bit of a battering at first but when the shock of the “invasion” has died down then the religious elite will find a way to incorporate the newcomers and the implications they represent into religion because all power has the capacity to corrupt and religious power is a huge corrupter within human minds in my opinion.

Why would these corrupted elite just give up the power they have inherited over the millennia simply because aliens have landed? The short answer is that they would not give it up and the worst of it would be that they would need to change and adapt their dogma to fit the new world but change they would because they would not wish to lose members of their flock to a new contemporary way of thinking. Keep the people dumbed down to a way of thinking that originated in the dark ages and prior.

Summary: religion will change and adapt itself but it will not fade away come the day when extraterrestrials land and walk openly among us.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

At one time I was an athiest darwinist, but it doesn't take much studying to realise how foolish that religion is....

That's not actually a religion, nor is it necessarily foolish.

[edit on 18-2-2010 by traditionaldrummer]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

well im sorry if anyone is offended but what i say but im known to speak whats on my mind- the mods can edit if they think it is offensive can they not

but honestly if u dont think anything that THESE people say is remotly crazy then clearly there is something wrong with you.

and if u dont like it then... then... u can have a very nice happy day then good day to you

EDIT to add: i lived in the middle-east for most of my life and there was not a day when someone would be talking about god.. i even remember someone telling me that qu'ran tells us we're made of sand.. i tried to convince we were made of DNA but i couldnt get it throught there thick skulls of theirs. religious people for you

Stardust = elements = human bodies...step away from your video games and do some research angry little kid.

[edit on 18-2-2010 by Romans 10:9]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
If you allow yourself to be tossed every which way by every passing doctrine, you will be decieved.

If aliens ever did land they wouldn't be kind to us, they would treat us like cattle. If an alien ever did land that didn't treat us like livestock, than you can be sure it is trying to decieve you.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Psalms 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Just had to let that one out.

Quick question for you. Do you believe that their are spirits? Non material beings?

[edit on 18-2-2010 by oliveoil]

[edit on 18-2-2010 by oliveoil]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Oliveoil, in regards to your reply which included a verse from Psalms 14:1 which speaks of fools, it can also be said that individuals who are fooled into believing in such a book which is filled with UNBELIEVABLE amounts of contradictions, extreme absurdities, along with violence, rape, pro-slavery, sexism, mass murders, drownings of innocent babies and animals, talking snakes, donkeys, and bushes, a man living in a fish for a few days, finding money in a fish to pay taxes, and ON AND ON, is WAY more foolish in my opinion. Wouldn't you agree?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPoison94

I'm sorry but it has been proved that we evolve around the Sun. Rent out a space shuttle if you want confirmation.

we evolve around the Sun? oh man they really pranked you good.

Space shuttles only further prove Geocentricity is real.

Obviously your not an expert on the subject, hence your asking a topic question that every 10 year old has been thinking about, and you actually believe that they counted 3,000,000,000 galaxies because some white guy in a lab coat said it without actually researching it yourself.

[edit on 18-2-2010 by EndOfTheWorld7]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by pplrnuts
Oliveoil, in regards to your reply which included a verse from Psalms 14:1 which speaks of fools, it can also be said that individuals who are fooled into believing in such a book which is filled with UNBELIEVABLE amounts of contradictions, extreme absurdities, along with violence, rape, pro-slavery, sexism, mass murders, drownings of innocent babies and animals, talking snakes, donkeys, and bushes, a man living in a fish for a few days, finding money in a fish to pay taxes, and ON AND ON, is WAY more foolish in my opinion. Wouldn't you agree?

Your lumping a lot of stories,sayings, and meanings into one category, that being of the literal sense. No wonder your confused. the violence, rape, pro-slavery, sexism, mass murders, drownings of innocent babies and animals, (as you put it)Do happen today as they did thousands of years ago.This is nothing new and expected.As far as contradictions go, please feel free to list a few and maybe I could enlighten you. I believe there are no contradictions that can not be explained. The word of God is crystal clear. Its people who twist and contort its meanings

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

This, along with pretty much your entire post, is completely incorrect and can be proven as such with hoardes of evidence. I can only hope your screed was somehow epic sarcasm.

There is no evidence or proof of the Earth moving and I highly doubt you know anything about Geocentric vs Heliocentric, nor anything about Copernican.

Feel free to go google up whatever you thought was proof or evidence because you won't find any, I already tried.
The Encyclopaedia Britannica owned by Rockefeller has been pushing Heliocentric bullcrap since 1768.
I think I'll believe God over some Rockefeller Jews that worship the Sun.

However there are plenty of credible Scientists, Mathematicians and Doctors who are Geocentric and not hired by some Illuminati company who have done plenty of tests proving Geocentricity.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
My thinking is that the world religions and governments would be manipulated into accepting our "guests" before the actual event.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
"What a queer thing is Christian salvation! Believing in firemen will not save a burning house; believing in doctors will not make one well, but believing in a savior saves men..yeah right"

i can quote too, you know olive

still doesnt change anything, the bible is still the most flawed book in the world.. that s all it is.. a book..

what is it with christians and the fact that god has to be meta-physical all the time? for comfort, one should not nurture ignorance. judging by some of the posts people really have mental issues or logic problems

[edit on 19-2-2010 by Welshextremist]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
i think it would chnage all religions and they would ethier disappear or all start blending togather into a global religion

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by EndOfTheWorld7
The Illuminati has tricked people into thinking Aliens are something from outer space that can invade and kill everyone.
Which is partially true.

Thats to deflect you from the truth about UFO's, there actually what the Bible calls chariots of the Angels and God, and movies like Independence Day and and War of the Worlds are actually straight out of the Bible passing the Angels off as some evil beings.
The reason they pass them off as evil beings is simple. The Illuminati / Khazar Jews actually plan to fight God and the Angels in an attempt to save themselves from their judgment because they know they are Esau/ Edom.

All it is, is Angels and the Lord coming to bring Judgment, and yeah, there going to kill a lot of people while World War is going on.
The Angels don't look like monsters, they look human.

Don't believe all the bullcrap about 3,000,000,000 galaxies and millions of planets out there, all that crap is irrelevant because contrary to popular belief this universe was made for the Earth.

The Solor System, the Sun and the Universe are actually revolving around the Earth like the Bible says.
This is why we only ever see one side of the Moon, as soon as something goes into space, it revolves around the Earth without spinning around like they claim.
The Earth is not moving at all, this is why NASA calculates all their space math as geocentric, calculating everything as if the Earth was at a stand still, not accounting for the Earth spinning and moving at 40,000km an hour, because it's not.
Galileo was hired to come out with that bullcrap because these Illuminati fags are heavy into the Sun worship, so they came out with books saying the Universe revolves around the Sun until people discovered Galaxies which threw a wrench into that theory and then came Eisenstein and friends hired by Illuminati / Jews to come up with the Theory of Relativity and a bunch of other crap to scam people.

All the lies Illuminati come out with like Earth revolving around the Sun go hand in hand with the Big Bang Theory and Evolution, which is total dis-info and a religion itself, just like Atheists, whos God are a bunch of monkey skulls lined up from small to big with Darwin as their savior.

A couple Middle Eastern countries are setting up multi-million dollar stations for testing Geocentricity because no one has really been able to prove the planets are revolving around the Sun, yet there have been many experiments done proving the Earth is not moving but they have been covered up and wiped away.

UFO Disclosure event was funded by Rockefeller, nuff said.

No Aliens are coming to visit, just Angels in UFO's and Demons.

Also two of the top UFO researchers of the past 20 years who don't personally know each other, have both come to the conclusion that UFO's and Aliens are actually Angels and Demons and not something flying in from 2000 billion light years away.

sites.google.com...

[edit on 18-2-2010 by EndOfTheWorld7]

i think this answers the question as to how religion handles ufos and aliens

top topics

<< 1   >>

join