It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would Happen To People and Religion if Aliens Invaded?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The universe seems to be the perfect abode for the creation of a species, howver many of us refuse to believe that there can be life outside our alls or are just skeptics waiting for evidence to believe.

There are approximately 3,000,000,000 galaxies out there and who knows how many planets. Maybe, just maybe there could be a handful of extra terrestrials living in a number of them.

However, if the government was unable to cover up a visit from the aliens or if they decided to ...what effect would it have on the rest of the population? Being ATsers - we really wouldn't be surprised but a lot of mankind lives in deception, how would they react?

Some people are devout followers of certain religions. And some of these certain religions may condemn the existence of an E-T; it might not be in the holy scriptures, no mention of it and that may cause people to believe that God(s) was wrong. Hell - maybe there was no God(s). They then will not be able to believe that they have a meaning or purpose in life and possibly believe there is no point in living - if everything they have believed in was wrong.

Would a new religion appear? Would we try to adapt our existing religions to aliens (cause many to imply the existence of them)?

If you had the chance, and aliens did exist and arrive onto our planet, would you change your religion?

I personally wouldn't change my views.

I just want to know other people's opinions - what do you think would happen to religions if aliens did visit us?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Nothing would happen to my God and Savior Yahushua the Christ, because all of that is already foretold in the Scriptures. Angels inhabit the high heavens, and some of them rebelled against God and that is why we have a ruined Mars and Atlantis destroyed and the imprisonment of the Watchers and the fallen ones. They are still around of course and we see them go to and fro from the Earth. The last world power will be a one world government with fallen seed and our seed on this Earth and the Antichrist will be in league with these fallen ones. Read the Book of Enoch and the Book of Jubilees for more information. None of that would conflict with Scripture, because all is foretold.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
demons/jinn disguise themselves as ghosts, supreme beings, and aliens... however aliens may exist, they will not visit us until we humans are ready, and god will allow them to

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
With approximately 3,000,000,000 galaxies out there (if that stat is correct), and countless number of planets, I have to say that it is very HARD to believe that the true God has specifically chosen one of the middle-east regions population of the planet Earth, in the Milky-way galaxy to be his CHOSEN people. Of ALL the possible life forms that can be out there, his chosen are a bunch of violent fools that will never choose to live in peace. According to our organized religions, that is the silly facts that many fools live their lives believing. Planet earth is filled with silly folks, all who think they are Gods chosen few of the universe. I refuse to believe in ANY religion, and that will not change no matter who or what visits the planet from any other galaxy.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchtheashes
Angels inhabit the high heavens, and some of them rebelled against God and that is why we have a ruined Mars and Atlantis destroyed and the imprisonment of the Watchers and the fallen ones.

Where exactly in the bible is THAT?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
In response to the OP, I'd say that people would likely become even more religious than before, and the already religious will attempt to shoehorn any event into their belief structure (as evidenced by some of the posts already in this thread).

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

Personally, I think that there likely is life out there somewhere, but it has not and probably never will be able to visit earth.

I am a Christian (although my beliefs are considerably different then the average Christian) an if, by some stretch of the imagination, the aliens landed publically and there was absolute proof of them being here - it would not change my faith one bit. There's no mention of dinosaurs in the Bible - yet they were obviously here. This doesn't change my faith in God. Just because something is not mentioned in the Bible doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Welsh - you need to take a deep breath, brother. You appear to have some anger issues towards people of faith.

edited for spelling and punctuation

[edit on 18-2-2010 by tallcool1]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by pplrnuts
With approximately 3,000,000,000 galaxies out there (if that stat is correct), and countless number of planets, I have to say that it is very HARD to believe that the true God has specifically chosen one of the middle-east regions population of the planet Earth, in the Milky-way galaxy to be his CHOSEN people. Of ALL the possible life forms that can be out there, his chosen are a bunch of violent fools that will never choose to live in peace.

This is my favorite post to date on ATS! A million stars to you my friend

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The Illuminati has tricked people into thinking Aliens are something from outer space that can invade and kill everyone.
Which is partially true.

Thats to deflect you from the truth about UFO's, there actually what the Bible calls chariots of the Angels and God, and movies like Independence Day and and War of the Worlds are actually straight out of the Bible passing the Angels off as some evil beings.
The reason they pass them off as evil beings is simple. The Illuminati / Khazar Jews actually plan to fight God and the Angels in an attempt to save themselves from their judgment because they know they are Esau/ Edom.

All it is, is Angels and the Lord coming to bring Judgment, and yeah, there going to kill a lot of people while World War is going on.
The Angels don't look like monsters, they look human.

Don't believe all the bullcrap about 3,000,000,000 galaxies and millions of planets out there, all that crap is irrelevant because contrary to popular belief this universe was made for the Earth.

The Solor System, the Sun and the Universe are actually revolving around the Earth like the Bible says.
This is why we only ever see one side of the Moon, as soon as something goes into space, it revolves around the Earth without spinning around like they claim.
The Earth is not moving at all, this is why NASA calculates all their space math as geocentric, calculating everything as if the Earth was at a stand still, not accounting for the Earth spinning and moving at 40,000km an hour, because it's not.
Galileo was hired to come out with that bullcrap because these Illuminati fags are heavy into the Sun worship, so they came out with books saying the Universe revolves around the Sun until people discovered Galaxies which threw a wrench into that theory and then came Eisenstein and friends hired by Illuminati / Jews to come up with the Theory of Relativity and a bunch of other crap to scam people.

All the lies Illuminati come out with like Earth revolving around the Sun go hand in hand with the Big Bang Theory and Evolution, which is total dis-info and a religion itself, just like Atheists, whos God are a bunch of monkey skulls lined up from small to big with Darwin as their savior.

A couple Middle Eastern countries are setting up multi-million dollar stations for testing Geocentricity because no one has really been able to prove the planets are revolving around the Sun, yet there have been many experiments done proving the Earth is not moving but they have been covered up and wiped away.

UFO Disclosure event was funded by Rockefeller, nuff said.

No Aliens are coming to visit, just Angels in UFO's and Demons.

Also two of the top UFO researchers of the past 20 years who don't personally know each other, have both come to the conclusion that UFO's and Aliens are actually Angels and Demons and not something flying in from 2000 billion light years away.

sites.google.com...

[edit on 18-2-2010 by EndOfTheWorld7]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Welshextremist

You need some serious help. I don't like religion, but for you to denounce someone like that and then threaten their life is just plain idiotic. Somethings wrong with you.

With regards to the OP. Fundamentalists will twist their fairy tales to fit the current situation. Many will call them demons, evil spirits bla bla bla.

For us normal people with realistic views of the world we would re-examine our religions and see the truth values within them. The metaphors that could be applied universally, and hopefully we would understand that the discovery of extraterrestrials does not denounce the ideal of a diety.

In my opinion religions would become alike in that eventually we will know of only one diety that created the universe

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by EndOfTheWorld7
The Solor System, the Sun and the Universe are actually revolving around the Earth like the Bible says.

This, along with pretty much your entire post, is completely incorrect and can be proven as such with hoardes of evidence. I can only hope your screed was somehow epic sarcasm.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by EndOfTheWorld7

You have to be joking, right? Everything that you just posted was complete and utter nonsense.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by EndOfTheWorld7
Don't believe all the bullcrap about 3,000,000,000 galaxies and millions of planets out there, all that crap is irrelevant because contrary to popular belief this universe was made for the Earth.

Yeah, why believe evidence and proof when you can live a life based on speculation and blind faith.

Oh and sorry pplrnuts, just as quick as that I have found a new fav post on here, sadly not for the same reason tho

[edit on 18-2-2010 by stereovoyaged]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Since no single religion has a monopoly on the entire truth, such an event as described in this thread will only serve as a catalyst for all religions to connect their unanswered dots and merge into one global religious collective.
Some may then claim a new religion has been developed as a result, others will claim it's not a religion at all, and so the debate will continue.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Welshextremist

You are an absolute moron, I really hope the mods just get rid of you. You are arguing a position that you don't posses the mere intelligence to understand or manifest a valid point.

I applaud christians like tallcool because he does not allow the bible to dictate his life. He has his beliefs yet he understands that the bible is not an accurate representation of what occured or is to occur, to me it seems like he understands it's applicable life metaphors.

You are stating that he is a fundamentalist christian, this is wrong. If you read his post you would see that in his statement.

And he is right, you do have anger issues and you argue like a twelve year old that forgot to take his ADHD meds.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
well im sorry if anyone is offended but what i say but im known to speak whats on my mind- the mods can edit if they think it is offensive can they not

but honestly if u dont think anything that THESE people say is remotly crazy then clearly there is something wrong with you.

and if u dont like it then... then... u can have a very nice happy day then good day to you

EDIT to add: i lived in the middle-east for most of my life and there was not a day when someone would be talking about god.. i even remember someone telling me that qu'ran tells us we are made of sand.. i tried to convince we were made of DNA but i couldnt get it throught there thick skulls of theirs. religious people for you

[edit on 18-2-2010 by Welshextremist]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join