It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keith Olbermann--What's Everybody's Problem With Him?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal
Keith Obermann wants to feed humans who are starving, give health care to those who cant afford it, so he is a “ Liberal” a “Progressive.”

No, he is a human being!

Those who don’t want to do that I wonder whether they are human, as well.

I am sure that even Hitler or Hussein had some redeeming qualities.

Does this affect the fact that much of what he is saying carries untruth via spin?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
The problem people have with Olbermann and many other far left liberals is that they refuse to listen to anyone that disagrees with them. If you don't think like them then you must be an idiot. I can't stand people like that.

I both totally agree with your characterizations, and at the same time feel really sorry for you because it must very difficult for you to spend much time on ATS - at least in the political forums. The term/label you may be searching for is an "elitist" who believes themselves to be so intelligent that (to them
) by definition anyone disagreeing with them must be stupid.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

That describes the liberal movement nicely. At least with the GOP, they ignore the poor altogether and just do what they want regardless. The Dems will try to gladhand the poor, then tell them how poor they are for not understanding the help that people are trying to give.

look at the recent health care thing. Obama finally gives up, saying in effect that The People are just not smart enough to see the gloriousness of what he is trying to do for them.

And then there is the new vogue: don't tell them they are stupid, tell them they are racist. Think about it. If you are told you are stupid it makes you defensive. If you are told you are racist, it makes you change your behavior, even if for only a moment. It is the new "control word". No one wants to carry that label with them.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Hear, Hear!!! 'tenth'!!!!!

Much applause for standing up for Keith!

His is one of the more rational voices, out there....and, I do NOT always agree with him on every issue (such as his recent stance against new nuclear powerplant construction, in the US) I know that, if I had the chance to discuss any differences we might have on sticking points, it would be rational, and intellectual. In the main...

He is far more a gentleman than many, many of the "competitors" out there on the various cable channels.

Human? Yes. And very intelligent and thoughtful.....

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Does this affect the fact that much of what he is saying carries untruth via spin?

Point to those untruths please. Almost every link I tried on this thread was broken or had a Youtube video that didn't work. The ones that did work couldn't get to the point (e.g. Olbermann asking if Cheney admitted to war crimes, and Liz Cheney saying "No." Wow there's proof!).

How bout real proof of lies, people, and not a bunch of people on the thread just saying he lied.

There is a real distinction between what Olbermann and Maddow do versus what Hannity and Beck do, and if you can take your partisan hat off a second, regardless of which side you're on, the MSNBC duo do a better job of giving a viewpoint (no matter how left or right), and then providing the proof.

Hannity's just shrill now.

Beck's become a little girl ("I'm SOO afraid!! They're coming for you America!")

Who reasons their points better?

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I agree with Obermann's opinion on most things, but you have to admit, he does come off as pretentious and condescending.

The first time I saw him do his "shame on you sir" act with Bush I thought it was pretty cool, but I've seen him get carried away quite often lately. Doesn't really help the argument he's trying to make.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

It's nice to see some support lol

I like Olbermann, I don't agree with everything he says, and I do find him condescending and a bit arrogant at times, but I like that.

I'm a bit of those things too and if I were a pundit, I'd probably act somewhat similiar, minus the lies I catch here and there.

Which mind you isn't his fault entirely as he does not have creative control of his show as far as I know, he's just told what to say, so the fact that we get ANY truth of out ANY MSM is something to be happy about I guess.

~Keeper

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join