It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First study of mummy DNA leads to all sorts of discoveries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   

www.boingboing.net

# Tut had a bone disorder that would have forced him to walk with a cane, and which may have been a result of royal inbreeding.

# Contrary to speculation, Tut's mother probably wasn't his father's chief wife, Nefertiti. She and Akhenaten are never described as being related, and Tut is definitely the product of brother/sister incest.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.nationalgeographic.com

[Edit in correct title]

[edit on 17/2/2010 by Sauron]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Very interesting article...

It is wonderful we can get insight on things so long ago with modern science, despite its major downfalls (i.e. weaponry and secrets) and setbacks at time.

I hope we can continue to have meaningful contributions from the scientific community for assistance in unlocking our pasts!

There is also a link to the National Geographic story as well!

www.boingboing.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Note: Please review - Instructions for the Breaking News Forums

[edit on 17/2/2010 by Sauron]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Inbred? Probably! The guy most likely to have been his father Ahkenaton, was also burying his obelisk in areas too close to home. His father too. Ahkenaton was packing a C-Cup pair of breasts and wider hips than shoulders.

People like giving Egyptians magical powers and mystery knowledge. They were just people. Some of the royalty had more in common with an incestuous hillbilly family!

The Jury is still out whether malaria killed him or not. Some still think the crushed ribcage was the cause of dead.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Nothing has changed.

His decendants, the Horus worshipping elite bloodline that rules us today still inbreed with each other. They're just not in Egypt anymore, but the whole world.

[edit on 17/2/10 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by atcwatcher

Please fix your title.
The title of the article you quoted is:

ATS rules state you must use the headline as is when you're posting in Breaking News... (makes it easier for people to search so there's no repeat posts)...

Plus, isn't stating 'inbred' once enough? I don't think you can be inbred twice? Well, maybe you can but you get my point.

Thanks

peace

[edit on 17-2-2010 by silo13]

new topics

top topics

join