It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pretty Cool Prediction Website, Check It Out!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
www.futuretimeline.net...

Even though some predictions on this website are exaggerated, it still is a good site to think about future events.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Computers cant tell the future or predict anything.... They only do what they are told to do, and nothing else. I know I'm a computer programmer. Try formatting your HDD and then boot up with out an OS and then try typing in 2+2=(hit enter). Do this 100 times and you'll always get the same answer... Nothing, because computers don't know anything.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

They forgot the floating cities in the sky and the Lunar 1 colony.
We also need the hovercraft.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Yeah I know I was hoping they would have that
But on a serious note, a lot of this stuff will happen in the future ( If we do not destroy ourselves) People laughed at airplanes and automobiles back in the day, and now look. In the future there will be floating cities, don’t know when but eventually there will be.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by BugByte
Computers cant tell the future or predict anything.... They only do what they are told to do, and nothing else. I know I'm a computer programmer. Try formatting your HDD and then boot up with out an OS and then try typing in 2+2=(hit enter). Do this 100 times and you'll always get the same answer... Nothing, because computers don't know anything.

Computers can however detect trends and extrapolate likely results based on the trends fed into the computer. This is not predicting the future more than stating likely senarios of the future based on current information and trends.

like driving 100mph at a wall with no breaks and about 20 feet of space left, chances seem likely that in the short term future, a crash may happen...however, same senario but put 10 miles between the car and the wall and the likelyhood becomes less...factors need to be added in such as how much gas is left, can the car turn, are the tires inflated well, is there enough oil, etc...each question increasing or decreasing the percentage ratio of the happening.

So, computers can in a way predict senarios of the future with the correct and accurate data fed in.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
reply to post by Eurisko2012

In the future there will be floating cities.

doubtful...

if anything, there will be submerged cities, giant cave networks, and a greener earth, but by the time we have the tech for a floating city, people will simply bypass that option and go straight into massive space stations...
gravity control is key here..

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Like I said.... They can only do what "they are told to do", and considering all the disinformation out there, how can you verify anything it turns up?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I think it will be possible. We will never know what will happen in the future. Eventually we will be able to control gravity.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

I think i can already see the TFC off the coast of New York.
TFC = Trump Floating City
$5 Million Condos
Movie Theater
Grocery Store
Barnes & Noble
Trump Sky Tower Hotel
Green House / Arboretum
Starbucks
Aquarium
Broadway Show Theater / Opera

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BugByte
reply to post by SaturnFX

Like I said.... They can only do what "they are told to do", and considering all the disinformation out there, how can you verify anything it turns up?

and THAT is the true issue here.

I was thinking just how clever one of these chatbot things could be if it was on the internet and interacting with people daily...with the contingency that garbage would not be inputted in from the people (asking the people to collectively behave...sort of impossible).

So yes, the garbage in/garbage out problem would hamper any real useful insite into prediction algorithms...but theoretically it could work anyhow
(ahh the difference between theory and reality is the difference between thinking of a steak and eating a steak)

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
I think it will be possible. We will never know what will happen in the future. Eventually we will be able to control gravity.

Actually, they generate artificial gravity 180 degrees out of phase
with the Earths natural gravity wave. [Point Straight Down]
- Positive and negative forces react in an annihilation process.-
They figured that out during the 1950s. 60 years ago

All you need then is a gyro to keep the city steady. Have a
back up gyro ready to go in case it fails.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Seems like a lot of big things are coming to a head very soon if true. Here are some.

www.white-knights911.net... This one says maybe next week.

www.fourwinds10.com... This one says around March 21. 2010

new topics

top topics

join