It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salman Rushdie should be long dead

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

Thank you for the interesting information.

As the subject of a fatwa he should have been more careful.
If you mess with sharks, it should be no surprise if you get bitten.

I notice that he was tried as a sex offender, and also that your source (Wiki? Oh dear!) does not say who was responsible for his murder at all - it speculates.

In actual fact no one has ever been convicted of his murder, so it could easily have been a random killing, or revenge for a past transgression.

And as you say, he had no protection. why would this have been?
I wonder if the USA would have been prepared to pay $16 million to protect him?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Icerider

Well, Rashad wasn't scared. He knew what he was facing (he was from Egypt), and truly believed in what he said (albeit misguided, IMO). He was martyred and was prepared for his death. You must understand that in Islam, death by martyrdom is the most honorable and rewarding death. Heaven is guaranteed. A death like this is not to be feared at all by Muslims.

Now thousands of people also believe he was true "messenger" from God. He has a cult following, a sub-sect of Islam in the USA.

Like you said, he knew what he was up against...

Secondly, he was not a convicted sex offender. He plead no-contest to charges of touching a 16 year old girl's breast, but personally I believe he might have been set up to discredit him. Who knows the truth.

Thirdly, its been substantiated that it was indeed an agent of Jamaat al-Fuqra which assasinated him. There has been a conviction of the murder within the last few years. The investigation was re-opened because DNA analysis became available and the killer was captured in Canada few years ago, I believe... His name was Wallas Glen Cusford Francis, AKA Benjamin Phillips.

Heres an article about it, although filled with errors.
www.danielpipes.org...

Rashad didn't use his code 19 to find the date for the end of the world.
He claimed to be a messenger (rasul) not a prophet (nabi).

[edit on 18-2-2010 by seattletruth]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

I had read the Pipes page, but I could only see "awaiting extradition"

I don't condone violence, I wanted to highlight how this man had cost so much to protect, yet HMG will not 'man up' for Brits in distress overseas.

Americans stand up for what they believe, and protect themselves, not hide behind the police force.
I truly doubt he would have received protection in the US, not $16 million worth, not when he had attacked US government policy - America doesn't smile on treachery.

As stated earlier, comparing Britain to Hitlers germany would have got him hung in the 40's

Who needs him?

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join