It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Airlines doing backround checks?!?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2003 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Yep it's offical There doing backrounds checks based on your credit and other things too. How many of you aggree with this. It's almost reminds me of a poliece check point

arc

posted on Mar, 1 2003 @ 01:25 PM
link   
normally I wouldn't agree with this, but in the current situation and in response to the public's criticism of why this wasn't done before 9-11, I guess they're trying to protect you to some degree from anymore terrorists hijacking passenger planes

posted on Mar, 2 2003 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Having them go check my background just so I could get on a plane. No , I rather take greyhound. I don't have any criminal records or anything bad , but still it would feel like a invasion of privacy. Next thing you know , they'll start taking human DNA , drug test , etc. etc . ... And it sounds like the begining of the NWO movement.

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 04:28 AM
link   
To be honest it really depends on what they check...

There is a lot from my childhood im not proud of now - would that stop them from putting you on a plane?

I have had a bad credit history and failed repayments at points in my life - would that stop them from putting you on a plane?

My medical record isnt that much of a picture of health lately - would that stop them from putting you on a plane?

So i dont know weather i agree or not until i know what they are checking for...

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Checking things such as whether or not you used a credit card to purchase a ticket, and if you did, it would cross-reference it with suspected terror accounts.

Flagging one-way tickets purchased with cash.

Checking recently visited countries (something already on most customs declaration forms I might add)...

Checking the name against terrorist watch lists.

Then, all of the above, along with other info, collated together to determine your "threat level" of Green, Yellow, or Red. Green-majority of passengers, Yellow-requires extra checks and security procedures, red-You aint gettin' on the plane....

This issue has been sensationalized quite a bit....

new topics

top topics

join