It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Control freaks want web licences to end bloggers' anonymity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Control freaks want web licences to end bloggers' anonymity

www.blacklistednews.com

The American blogosphere is going increasingly “viral” about a proposal advanced at the recent meeting of the Davos Economic Forum by Craig Mundie, chief research and strategy officer for Microsoft, that an equivalent of a “driver’s licence” should be introduced for access to the web. This totalitarian call has been backed by articles and blogs in Time magazine and the New York Times.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
blogs.teleg raph.co.uk

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

As bloggers have not been slow to point out, the system being proposed is very similar to one that the government of Red China reluctantly abandoned as too repressive. It was inevitable that, sooner or later, the usual unholy alliance of government totalitarians and big business would attempt to end the democratic free-for-all that is the blogosphere. The United Nations is showing similar interest in moving to eliminate free speech.

The recent uprising in the blogosphere that resulted in the overturning of the Global Warming consensus can only have focused our rulers’ attention more acutely on this infuriating challenge to their totalitarian control. “What will go next?” they must be asking themselves. Unrestricted immigration? Punitive taxation? Even the European Union? With the helots exploiting a loophole in the PC Curtain that has otherwise been so remorselessly drawn down over freedom of expression, the internet represents a dangerously subversive force, fulfilling the role in the West that was formerly performed by samizdat publications inside the Soviet Union.

I sincerely hope these web license do not get passed or it will be the start of end of internet. The Govt. is afraid of outside MSM news, opinions getting out and wants to restrict/ monitor people. What better way to silence people by revoking their license if they don't tow Govts. MSM propaganda.

www.blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Another politcal figure connected to a killer let free. U.S. Rep Bill Delahunt was the DA involed in dropping the case against Amy Bishop for shooting her brother in 1986. Previously ex Governor Mike Huckabee was connected to Maurice Clemmons who ambushed and shot four police officers in a coffee shop.
en.wikipedia.org...

He served a term in the Massachusetts House of Representatives (1973–75) before serving as a district attorney of Norfolk County for more than 20 years.

abcnews.go.com...
www.house.gov...

Its amazing how these political leaders leave trails of releasing killers into society. When you can find things like this out its easy to see why they want to stop the web and blogs.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
i dont think they would be able to successfully implement this

thats think about it, its one thing to require people in the US to do it, but there are hundreds of countries out there with internet access.

if your own country require you to get a license to post stuff online, just get a webpage hosted out of Ni-geria (IMO Ni-geria would be the last place to implement something like this.)

[edit on 15-2-2010 by Kr0nZ]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0nZ

I disagree, Iran and China have already figured out how to monitor web access and block access to websites they deem as "security risks".

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Oh look, another way for me to pose as a dead 4 year old Golden Retriever, spoil all my ex's credit ratings and threaten world leaders with assassination... (I only do one of these - guess which one
).

This won't ever happen in this guise - maybe bill payers will have more formal conditions attached to 'responsibly' use their internet connections - I can't see any more practice method personally.

Mind you I come from the only country I know of to require a television licence!

new topics

top topics

join