It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government climbdown over David Kelly post-mortem report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
The Government has backed down over a move which threatened to delay the release of the post-mortem of weapons inspector Dr David Kelly.

Last month Lord Hutton, who chaired the inquiry into Dr Kelly’s death in 2003, said he was happy for a group of doctors - challenging the official verdict that the scientist committed suicide - to see his medical records, including the post-mortem report and photographs.
The peer’s surprise decision came two days after The Mail on Sunday revealed that he had secretly ordered the documents to be barred from the public for 70 years.

Source: www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1250898/Government-climbdown-David-Kelly-post-mortem-report.html#ixzz0fW0ftyf9

Always thought it was a little fishy the circumstances round Dr kelly's death and now this. What do you guys think?

P.S Dr Kelly was the guy who said there were no WMD in Iraq

[edit on 14-2-2010 by tempest501]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Noone got an opinion on this article? I thought it was very intresting considering the circumstances.

Peace

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Dr Kelly’s body was found after he was exposed as the source of a BBC report questioning the grounds for war in Iraq.

No coroner’s inquest has ever been held into his death. The only official verdict has come from the Hutton Inquiry, which concluded that Dr Kelly died after cutting his wrist with a blunt gardening knife.
Last night Dr Michael Powers QC, one of the doctors lobbying for an inquest, said: ‘This was a deliberate attempt at delay. If this evidence only confirms the cause of Dr Kelly’s death given at the Inquiry, why is the Government fearful of us seeing it?’

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Hi OP. Took me a while to find the article. Typical Daily Mail --- it wasn't on the online page because idiot footballers' extra marital affairs and other such 'vital' reports obviously take precedence in the dumbing-down of the UK public. So I had to search for it and yes, it's important, alright

At the moment, seems as though there's quite a bit happening behind the scenes. First Hutton imposed the 70 year ban. Then, when that decision was revealed to the public, Hutton claimed he would allow the doctors' group to see the documents

But when the doctors applied to Ministry of Justice for the information, they were blocked by the MoJ.

When the Mail queried the MoJ, the MoJ reversed IT'S 'decision' and solicitors for the doctors were advised they would be permitted access to the documents

A government fighting for its foul existence in the elections which should have been held YEARS ago, considering Gordon Brown was never elected to begin with, despite his poncing around as PM ?

Who would trust the British government though ? It has the reputation of being the most secretive on the planet

For example, they sealed up information concerning the circumstances of death of a family-member in WW2. He was a British glider pilot who died on D-Day, after piloting a British 'secret weapon' (the massive Hamilcar glider) into France on 6 June 1944. He'd been chosen from an elite glider group to fly demonstrations before the then King and Queen and the 'Royal Princesses' (now the reigning Queen) and Churchill plus other dignitaries only weeks before his death. He'd set record-breaking flights to North Africa earlier that year, been captured, escaped (via hand to hand combat) and made his way back to Britain in time to fly the invasion into France on D-Day. He'd flown spies in and out of France, which were acknowledged 'suicide missions' for which he'd repeatedly volunteered. Yet the MoD locked his records away for the duration: certainly until all his contemporaries and immediate family members had departed this world - which they have, despite hanging onto into their 80's in the hope the UK govt. would finally tell them the truth

The French village where he died lied in their church records and claimed he'd died on 6th June, after which, the French claimed they buried him at night, secretly .... ' Because otherwise the Germans would have stopped us '. Very noble. Except unmentioned by the 'brave French villagers' was the fact (which the French continued to deny to me personally until the late 1990's ) that the Germans had been living very comfortably in that French village for years during the war and had been billeted in the locals' houses and farms. Further, there was a German hospital set up in the local church, inches from where my family-member allegedly 'died'. And when I managed to get copies translated, it was revealed that the Germans had been present at my family-member's burial. So much for the claim the 'noble French' had been afraid of the Germans. In fact, the noble French were sleeping with those Germans throughout the war

The British War Graves officially rejected the claims of the lying French and replaced the false date of death from my family-member's headstone with the true date of 7th June 1944, thereby exposing the 'true French records, duly notorised by the mayor and others' kept within the local church. Translations revealed the French had collluded with the Germans, to the extent Germans had signed the falsified 'true French records' of my family-members 'death certificate' !

There were claims and strong suspicions that my family-member had been tortured and then buried alive by the Germans and 'noble French' in that foul, secretive village, at night

But the MoD locked away that information. Refused my repeated FoI requests for it. It won't be released until after I'm dead unless I manage a record-breaking feat of longevity. And when I offered an historian (whose area of expertise is war-crimes) a 'blank cheque' payment in any currency he chose, he agreed to conduct investigation into the circumstances of my family-member's death. Then, in a very curt, no-details about-face, he said he was 'regrettably unable' to do so. MoD secrecy had struck again

The British govt. guards its secrets more tightly than a certified paraoid. For that reason, I'd advise against ever enlisting with the UK defence forces. They'll take your life and cover up the truth about how you died. All in the name of 'diplomacy'. Because a few years after you're tortured to death by the enemy .... the British government will decide to befriend and defend that same enemy. And you'll rot, denied of justice or truth

I wouldn't trust the UK Ministry of Justice to release the truth about Dr.Kelly's death. The UK system 'invites' people to avail themselves of Freedom of Information --- then that same system denies you that information or 'loses' or 'displaces' the documents containing the vital kernels of truth. Behind the scenes, I suspect the doctors' solicitors (spit !) will do a deal with the UK govt. and the doctors concerned will be prevailed upon to 'Think of England' and to let the truth of the matter drop, 'for the sake of the public and national security '. Sincerely hope I'm wrong

[edit on 14-2-2010 by Dock9]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Thankyou very much for all that extra info it was very intresting read.

I am quite puzzled that this article is not getting much reading here on ATS, I think this is really important.

I mean it really make them look like they have something to hide and going one step further make the war in Iraq look like even more of a sham. Seem like they decided they wanted to go to war no matter the cost...

peace

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Come on guys lets help get this info around

Peace

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
so..what does this mean?..the article seems very muddled...

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by alienesque

Well to cut a long story short, the Blair and Bush were pushing for us to go to war with Iraq, Dr Kelly was the weopons Inspector and he was saying there were no WMDs in Iraq and causing trouble for Blairs agenda. Next thing you know hes found dead in a forest and he "commited suicide". People are tried to get some answers and they tried to lock the records up for 70 years.....

If it was a suicide what do they have to hide?

I think this is very important, quite surprised that its slipping under the radar but on the plus side it was in one of our national papers at least.

Peace

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The only reason to bury a report for 70 years is due to National Security. I think it is clear by that move it was not a suicide and the implications of his death speak to a cover-up concerning war crimes.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Exactamondo, and it especially looks that way now , when there were no weapons in Iraq. Just look at how far they have expanded there war now too..

Peace

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by tempest501

Well to cut a long story short, the Blair and Bush were pushing for us to go to war with Iraq, Dr Kelly was the weopons Inspector and he was saying there were no WMDs in Iraq and causing trouble for Blairs agenda. Next thing you know hes found dead in a forest and he "commited suicide". People are tried to get some answers and they tried to lock the records up for 70 years.....

If it was a suicide what do they have to hide?

I think this is very important, quite surprised that its slipping under the radar but on the plus side it was in one of our national papers at least.

Peace

hi..yep..i know all that

but what does this new piece actually say...?...will the details of his death be released now or not?..

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Well first they flat out refused and said they were going to whack it on an MOJ 70 year withheld, then they tried FOIA. Now a newspaper has got involved and they are trying to backtrack so we just might see the info but no one knows for sure yet.

Lets keep our fingers crossed, allthough its an admission of guilt in itself to witholh it I think.

Peace

top topics

join