It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tax Time! Don't Forget To Claim Your Stimulus

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by fusion47

There may be where we missed it... and yes, they will know!!! Crap we didn't even remember it...they did!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
A friend of mine that makes roughly the same $ as me filed his return a week or so ago and claimed the $800 tax credit (he's married, wife only made a couple thousand for the year part time). The IRS accepted the return and he's already gotten his refund direct deposited. I guess this means they didn't give him the $20/week last year? Which means I probably didn't get it either? I thought everyone should have gotten it spread out over those 8 months.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
The 250 people are referring to here is part of the "Making work Pay" part of the stimulus package. It is only for people who don't receive a "paycheck" namely people who get Social Security Checks, RRB's and Some Veterans pensions.
Pensioners must have earned income to qualify.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize
reply to post by pavil

My husband and I both work 40+ hours a week. He does however receive a small disabled veterans check each month....

Here are places to check if you got the $250 check. It could be more if you received for example Soc. Security and VA Benefits.

SSA - 1-800 772-1213 or www.ssa.gov/recovery
VA - 1-800-827-1000 or www.va.gov/recovery
RRB - www.rrb.gov/recovery

[edit on 14-2-2010 by pavil]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by fusion47
According to TurboTax, you are not eligible for the Making Work Pay credit if you received the $250 stimulus check. If you didn't get the check last year, you can claim a credit of $400 if single and $800 if married.

By analyzing my W2 info, will TurboTax know whether or not I got the $20/week last year? All it asked me was if I got the $250 stimulus check, and when I said no it said I was eligible for the $400 credit. I actually don't know if I go the $20/week last year or not...it isn't notated anywhere on my pay stubs.

I just got my tax return and it had an extra $800. I didn't claim the credit, as I was unaware of it; but, Uncle Sam tacked it on anyway. Woohoo!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

More than likely, there will be no court, just a bunch of letters.

I requested a trial, sorry, my arguments were "supposedly" already heard.

SO LO AND BEHOLD, we the people do NOT even have the right of trial anymore!

I guess when they wrote the 16th amendment, that included a component that WIPED OUT THE REST OF THE CONSTITUTION!

So be it, if they do not have to follow their own laws, neither do I.

Black Market Baby! How many illegal aliens are there working in the US?

Do THEY pay taxes? I guess I will join em!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join