It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aspartame has been renamed and is now being marketed as a natural sweetener

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Arcane Demesne

Stevia rules.

I think modern academia started another thread about soft drinks killing peoples pancreas, and i suggested stevia.

and modern academia, you should really try the ginger ale by the company zevia.
it's pretty good, no sugar, no fake stuff, no calories, no fat.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
yeah ... this is one more reason I dont have any hope for us to change this world to a better place ... I mean, its impossible for you to feel that good will come, it seems that everyone is trying to $% with everyone else

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
Stevia rules.

I think modern academia started another thread about soft drinks killing peoples pancreas, and i suggested stevia.

and modern academia, you should really try the ginger ale by the company zevia.
it's pretty good, no sugar, no fake stuff, no calories, no fat.

I can't find it anywhere near me unfortunately
and i've looked

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Well, I'm sure on some molecular level....a lot of things are "natural". Maybe a little sprinkle of arsenic would be "natural". Ahhh...breathe in that fresh carbon monoxide. Renaming a pile of crap "excrement" doesn't change its composition. Shameful.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The worst part about all of this is now all the research about Aspartame is garbage. If the company is manufacturing this in a new way we will have to start from scratch.

Like many I will forward this to everyone I know as lots of family/friends have been trying to reduce the amount of this and other chemicals in their daily lives.

On a further note, this move makes it pretty obvious that there really is a darker agenda at work. The PTB desperately want this chemical in us; the fact that they try to stick a new label on it to counter the bad press shows that.

Pathetic.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Inertia

Thanks for posting all that, it's very eye opening and full of articles to bookmark. The same to the OP as well.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
We've been using Stevia for a few years now. It's supposed to be a healthy, natural, calorie-free sweetener that has been used in Japan and other places for years. It is extremely sweet so very little is needed to sweeten whatever you want to put it in compared to sugar and the others. Stevia can also be used for baking. We mostly use it to sweeten coffee and tea. Here's a link about Stevia if you are interested in learning more about it. You can also Google it. There are a myriad of sites about Stevia and some even include recipes that substitute Stevia in lieu of other sweeteners.

www.stevia.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

seattle.
Pros: it sometimes seems like you almost HAVE TO buy local, natural, and organic.

cons: been pourin down rain all day.

not having zevia sucks, but being ats's only celebrity bartender I have a solution...
make your own ginger beer!
1. Get a good sized pot of water goin on the stove
2. peel and then grate fresh ginger root right into the pot.
3. squeeze a lemon, half a lime, and toss a few pineapple chunks into the mixture.
4. let it simmer and ad some spices too if you want, I've even heard of people throwing some thyme...just go crazy.
5. add some raw organic sugar to taste, or molasses, or honey, or a combo

when yer whole neighborhood starts to smell like ginger and citrus then take it off the heat. Let it cool, and strain it through cheesecloth to remove all the fruit and pulp. bottle it in air tight flip top bottles, but before you seal it add about a half a teaspoon of champagne yeast. Let those puppies sit at room temp in a dark place for a few days.

careful when opening, the yeast can make it very carbonated, I've had ginger beer shoot 4 feet in the air our of the bottle before. Store it in the fridge after the yeast has done it's job.

Ginger beer is more potent then ginger ale and is a classic cocktail ingredient, shouldn't take you more than 20 or 30 minutes to whip together a batch, and you'll know exactly whats in it.

-Liquid

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Real sugar has 15 calories per teaspoon. A 12 ounce can of Mt Dew has 165 calories. If you are switching to tea or coffee instead of pop for your diet, you will already be ahead of the game by using real sugar with no dangerous side effects. 3 teaspoons in a cup of tea is just as sweet as that can of pop.AND it only has 45 calories per cup. So if you drink 5 sodas a day(825 calories) and replace with 5 cups of tea sweetened with real sugar(225 calories) you would have removed 4200 calories from your diet in one week. You people using those dangerous artificial toxins need to get a grip and start thinking with more than just your popular pack following trend of the moment brains!

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by Whine Flu
I don't care. I'll still drink Coke Zero and stuff. It tastes better, regardless of if it's killing me faster. I mean, seriously, what isn't killing us off these days? Nothing's safe.

That's like saying why don't I stand in the middle of the highway blindfolded, I'm going to die one day anyway.

Listen, even I had alot of aspartame in diet sodas, I used to mix it with my drinks. But then I got scared after reading about mixing formaldehyde(happens to aspartame in the body) with ethanol(alcohol).

So now I just use normal Gingerale.

It's about enjoying life while not being a victim of tptb.
It's very possible

Actually, standing in the middle of a highway blindfolded doens't sound like that bad an idea. I'll probably end up trying that one day.

As for not being a victim of TPTB, there's no escape from them. I'm not trying to be defeatist about it, it's just that we've been defeated. There's no revolution, and there's no hint of a revolution anywhere soon so we might as well just give up and get our RFID chip. Seriously, this isn't getting any better. As each day goes by, the population loses just that little bit more.

My apathy toward this whole situation the world faces increases every second. This isn't what I wish for, but seriously, what really is the point to all of this? All of these threads on this site pointing out how world leaders (or beyond them) are messing up this world and laughing in the face of the people "below" them, and yet absolutely nothing has been done. No bullets have been put into the heads of evil people, and no actions will ever take place in the near future.

Crap, I just ranted in a thread that wasn't meant to be taken in such a manner. I dunno, maybe that blindfold and the highway's looking like a good idea after all.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I'll stick to pure cane sugar myself. None of this artificial crap for me. Same with high fructose corn syrup, I drink something with that in it, I feel like i'm gonna vomit. I drink something with pure cane sugar, no problems at all.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

You bet there are natural things we eat all the time that are deadly if refined. Cyanide is found in nitrilosides; and they are found in almost all seeds of fruits and wild grasses. Vitamin B17 is another name for nitrilosides i think. There are plenty of experts out there who claim diets rich in nitrilosides will make one immune to cancer. Then there are plenty of experts out there who say nitrilosides will kill you because if broken down, you'd be exposed to cyanide. Hence it is now almost impossible to buy Vitamin B17 at a health food store in America.
You can get it sort of by trying to consume flax seed...yuck horrible. Or by consuming vast amounts of apples along with the seeds. Certain grapes, apricot pits, etc.. You just can't buy B17, and won't find it in a multi-vitamin.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
splenda has *no* aspartame..it uses sucralose.

Sucralose does not work like aspartame, however there is concern that there could be some health issues with this also. comparatively there is less issues with sucralose than there is with aspartame.

You should also consider whom is arguing the loudest that any and all artifical sweeteners (non aspartame based) are bad...beet and sugar cane farmers...and it would be in their interest to do so now, wouldnt it...therefore any study they particulary put out is almost certain to be slanted...

Finally what is more concerning for your health...some kidney stones (potentially) or diabetes..

My personal (not science here, just personal account) experience with sucralose verses aspartame is simple...I had a whole host of issues with aspartame use after a few months. I have yet to have any problems beyond dropping 25lbs with use of sucralose (splenda...yellow).

I wouldn't say there is no risk, I am simply stating that the risk is far less with yellow than pink or blue. if your going to choose one, grab the yellow...

the obvious choice is to simply curb normal sugar use all together and replace it with...nothing
...but if your going to a) continue to feed your sweet tooth and b) going to use a artificial sweetner no matter what, use the one that causes the least amount of damage.

You can tell people not to smoke, and people will still smoke...if there is a healthier way of smoking, they should know about it verses being told all or nothing

once I hit my prime weight (15lbs left), I will be switching back to normal sugar btw as part of maintenance...but until then, I will be using splenda (gah, I am coming off like a commercial now).

I am however hooked on diet pepsi wild cherry (aspartame)...its bad, I know...I am actually wondering if there are addictive qualities within aspartame...regular pepsi doesn't even taste right to me anymore...and for some reason, they dont use sucralose (then again, aspartame is not yet proven to be unhealthy...even though users of it know better

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ohioriver
Real sugar has 15 calories per teaspoon. A 12 ounce can of Mt Dew has 165 calories.

According to my nutritionist, a teaspoon of sugar = 25 cals...why? because people use heaping teaspoons typically...so unless your using a finger to level it off, then 25 is closer.

that cup of coffee in the morning with the 3 scoops and a few drops of cream suddenly becomes like 125-150cals a cup

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I've stopped using any type of refined sugar a long time ago. If I need a sweetener for something I use natural honey. But Stevia is a good alternative too. Too bad it's widely banned...

I'm curious, when will mankind notice the mountain of # sticking out our asses. What will it take to say ENOUGH to these power hungry psychopaths. Never?

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Thanks for letting us know! Think how many people this will be spread to by you posting it here.

flagged

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I hate the taste of aspartame anyway.. Stevia if needed, sugar if I dont care.

But with all these poisons, virii, nwo plots, vaccines out to kill us all I am perplexed that the average life expectancy of people is increasing.

They're not that good at it are they, these secret people...

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Well.... I had a made a thread a few days ago in GC, see related threads below, but was unsure of the legitamacy.

It seems it was true!

Aspartame has been renamed to AminoSweet, just like Blackwater renamed to XE.

Basically they are hoping that the masses only remember Aspartame and they hope to keep the name change below radar.

It's imperative that this news spreads, email your colleagues, let your beloved family members know, let the neighbours know, hell even put up signs in your front lawn if you can.

This news MUST spread!
Good Luck to Everyone, Food is the new Weapon!

www.naturalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Lest we forget the "chip", verichip changed to PositiveID.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha
I hate the taste of aspartame anyway.. Stevia if needed, sugar if I dont care.

But with all these poisons, virii, nwo plots, vaccines out to kill us all I am perplexed that the average life expectancy of people is increasing.

They're not that good at it are they, these secret people...

I started a thread sometime back about how incredibly stupid this NWO must be considering everything they supposedly do tends to work in the opposite way.

I got no responses from it...there was no real answer about how these evil geniuses that are responsible for everything tend to also be morons that screw up all their plots and secret plans talked about here (anyday now, all those swine flu vaccine suckers are going to drop dead...aaaany day now..just wait...hmm...got a snickers?)

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
Basically, rule of thumb, if the product looks like it is marketed to idiots, i.e. flashy colors, bold claims, stupid labels, etc., then I stay away.

Ha. I do too.

We have a water purification system here, and the adverts on the radio are sheer, stupid propaganda. Now why would you need to resort to those marketing styles for a water filter? It should sell itself!

Well, they let the cat out of the bag by bragging on one of their ads that it doesn't remove fluoride. I only ever heard that ad once, because they pulled it pretty quick. Given fluoride is the primary reason people don't trust tap water in the first place, they must have got some angry phone calls...

Thanks for the letting me know about "Aminosweet". I'll let my mates know.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join