It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ATTACKS: 16 Killed at Saudi Oil Facility, Hostage Takers Arrested

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Thank you for the links.

Originally posted by Banshee

Originally posted by jezebel
There is a statement signed by the "Al Qaeda in the Arab Peninsula" but it is not a claim of responsibility.

Saudi security forces have cornered suspected al Qaeda militants Sunday...

There seems to be varying reports on this matter:

From FoxNews: "The Al-Quds (Jerusalem) Brigade claimed responsibility for the attack in statements posted on Islamic Web sites. One statement, signed the "Al Qaeda (search) in the Arab Peninsula," said the attacks targeted U.S. companies and that a number of "crusaders" had been killed."

From CTV: " A statement, supposedly from Osama bin Laden's al Qaeda network, has claimed responsibility for the attacks."

Are the Al-Quds Brigade part of Al Qaeda?

originally by Banshee
More info has been released about the Briton who was dragged to death behind a car. www.khaleejtimes.com.../middleeast/2004/May/middleeast_May816.xml�ion=middleeast

Apparently the Saudi police were not in very hot pursuit, if the gunmen had time to kill a man in front of his co-workers, tie his body to their car, drive a mile down the road, and dump him near a bridge before escaping into the Oasis housing complex. What were the police and military doing while this was going on? Presumably, all 4 gunmen were escaping in the same vehicle.

They seem to take pleasure in desecrating the bodies of Americans, but
only after they are already dead. This is obviously meant to horrify and outrage Americans, or show how brutal and savage they can behave. They don't seem to be as savage as they would have us think however, since they don't usually torture our men while they are still alive. In fact, Thomas Hamill was even given medical attention for an infected wound, by his captors.
I am not saying that they don't commit atrocities or murder innocent people, by any means. I am just saying that, for being the souless brutes, with no conscience, that people claim them to be, most of them seem to have limits to what they will do (fortunately).

I wish there was more information about, "The suspected Islamist extremists later released eight of their captives, who reported that more than 50 people were still being held."
Why would they release 8 of their hostages, 7 of which are American, if it is Americans they want to kill? This development sort of squashes that theory, IMO.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   

as quoted by jezebel
Why would they release 8 of their hostages, 7 of which are American, if it is Americans they want to kill? This development sort of squashes that theory, IMO.

Per this report, and I'm sure that there will be a variety of reports varying in degree, the 7 US hostages were 'rescued':
Prince Bandar: 7 U.S. Hostages Rescued

seekerof

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarniaBut a huge a story as this is, WHERE is it on US media, other than Fox News???

CNN has been covering it, just not to the same extent as Fox.
It's on the front page of MSNBC.com
It's on the front page of CNN.com

This story is being covered by the liberal media, I don't know why everyone is saying otherwise.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
AceOfBase....you mention two out of how many tens of them?
I hear you.

seekerof

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

"CNN has been covering it, just not to the same extent as Fox.
It's on the front page of MSNBC.com
It's on the front page of CNN.com

This story is being covered by the liberal media, I don't know why everyone is saying otherwise."

Yeah thanks, I noticed after I posted, at the time CNN was broadcasting something else. Thanks for the heads up.

[Edited on 30-5-2004 by Narnia]

[Edited on 30-5-2004 by Narnia]

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
The gunmen have been arrested and the hostages rescused - reportedly unharmed!
www.sky.com...

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I'm wondering what if the non muslims would start an anti muslim campaign and really pay it forward (you know, an eye for an eye...). More than this, I'm wondering if the terrorist movement is mainly against americans or against christianity. My guess is we are heading towards another world war though for all it's worth I'd like to finish this life without seeing another global disaster . This could be the end. Some might say we cannot do anything. Really ?

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Just heard on BBC television news. Note: a developing story.

Hostages freed, some killed.

The assault was authorised due to reports of 'mistreatment' of the hostages.

This is getting bad, will it come to a muslim vs christian/west war? Everything seems to be spiralling right out of control.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Haha, so some terorist thought, it is easy to take hostages, but they forgot that when you take hostages you will have special forces dancing on your neck soon:-). It is not that easy as suicide attack. Anybody don't know if Delta Force was involved?

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Didnt say, all they said was 'saudi commandos' but that could be anything. Delta Force/ Special Air Service.

probably advised the commandoes at least.

Update: 2 terrorists killed some injured and apprehended.

[Edited on 30-5-2004 by rustiswordz]

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Latest news say 7-9 hostages killed before the action, 25 rescued.

Edit : one of the rescued hostages says 9 hstages were killed (in the building) , among them 7 Asians, 1 from Italy and 1 from Sweden

[Edited on 30-5-2004 by longbow]

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Further interesting that this is not being commented on much by the so-called liberal members of this board. No condemnations, etc......

As a somewhat liberal member of this board, I hereby officially condemn these actions of death and kidnapping. As you know, us liberals don't always condemn death and kidnappings, sometimes we condone them. So as each and every issue of death and kidnappings occur in the Middle East, my liberal friends and I will meet and then issue a statement as to whether we support or condemn the latest actions. And since I, being somewhat liberal, has condemned these actions, I have not seen many conservatives condemning these actions. Do they actually support such behaviour?

Seekerof, where is your condemnation? You have asked for others, but I have not heard your outrage. You have mentioned how you percieve the media to be covering the issue but where do you stand on these deaths and kidnappings? For or against?

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Im not overly impressed with liberals.

'Liberals sit on the fence, which means its easier to push them off' unless your Tony Blair in which case you have velcro stuck to your bum...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join