It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufo Conferences

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 03:10 AM
link   
How true.... sadly..... (P.T. Barnum: "A sucker is born every minute...)
Ufo Conferences

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
That article made me physically sick. It's a damn shame what the UFO Community is being allowed to become. Hucksters and Snake Oil Salesmen are constantly disinforming this community with all sorts of translations, encounters and new ageism. It's seriously upsetting.

I've also noticed the writer brings up some damn good points about how skeptics are being treated in the community being called names like,"debunker", "antagonists" or you're accused of being "part of the problem" or "unable to see the truth" or you're accused of disinforming the UFO community by asking members to "think first, ask questions".

It's becoming truly embarrassing to see David Ickes and John Reeds still being taken seriously.

Awesome post man...this is a great link for people who are serious about the UFO community and it's goals. Thanks.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
It's a damn shame nobody replied to this post but spend time arguing about the color of a Greys anus.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I've never been to a "con" but I can imagine that how he sais it is, it actualy is.

Even online you have so many people saying they have the info to save the world, but it always has a pricetag. No matter if its for newsletters, video's, books or images.

This is what makes it so hard for people that really are looking for truth and knowledge. There is so much disinformation out there.

You'd think goverments that need to cover something up would be the main disinformation agents, but in fact it are all those rats that smell money or fame or glory that do most of the disinformation.

I can believe so many people have become professional debunkers, or don't believe anything anymore. Not even when the subject is writen history thats not covered in mainstream history and science.

d1k

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by gzhpcu
How true.... sadly..... (P.T. Barnum: "A sucker is born every minute...)
Ufo Conferences

very funny reads!

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Yep, lots of bullsh.ters out there. My feeling is that most of these people who are writing UFO books have decided to make a living at it, yet there really isn't enough "material" to do this so they end up telling or falling for a lot of lies. Anyone (unless independently wealthy) who has no outside job besides reporting UFOs, is probably making up stories or spending a lot of time on welfare.

You really have to wait some of these people out and see where they go with their stories over time and see if they are promoting themselves to get rich...well I doubt they get rich, which explains the goofy UFO confrences. Yet we have to remember that there is no place for people to go to really have an honest forum for talking about UFOs. The hucksters and the true experiencers all get lumped into these circus events.

Honestly I think a lot of people believe in aliens, but don't really come to terms with them existing in our reality right now. They have become this shadowy ghost story instead of knock-knock we are outside your door. They seem real but not "everyday go to work real" to any of us, which allows these jokers to manipulate the uncritical believers into painting the aliens as saviours, invaders, or rainbow love spouting space-hippies...anything to sell a book or get money at a confrence.

Personally after years of research, I've accepted that the aliens are real material people with an agenda and that they don't want to reveal themselves openly either for our good or the mutal good of both them and us. And I think a lot of people forget (and maybe that's why the aliens are here) is that we are not the only species on this planet that has a brain. Dolphins, apes, and a lot of other animanls that we are begining to learn are intelligent have a right to live on this planet, yet we rarely acknowledge that or even seem to care. What will happen to those other alien lifeforms on other planets that we want to live on when we can space travel with ease...good thing that some advanced human like species doesn't come to visit us and make the same decisions we are making right now. Or are they? (cue the spooky music)

[Edited on 30-5-2004 by Boogie]

top topics

join