It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran obstructing links to outside world, opposition members say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Iran obstructing links to outside world, opposition members say

www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- Iranian authorities have imposed a virtual information blockade after opposition leaders issued a call for supporters to take to the streets during an important government anniversary on Thursday, people inside the country are saying.
Residents of the Iranian capital said Wednesday that text messages on many messaging services have been blocked and Internet speeds have slowed to a crawl
The Internet "comes on only a few minutes each day, but you never know when,"
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
And this happens right on the 10'th before the Iranian president claim about something big towards th west. Is he trying to hide something?

To be honest suddenly i feel a little uncomfortable regarding those people that will be marching on the streets today, this doesn't look good for them.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Fatality]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
My friend has a theory.

As the 'big' unknown thing is announced, to the backdrop of rioting / protesting in Iran... There may be a number of assasinations to the hierarchy of Iran.

This will be blamed on the rebels.

Depending on the reaction to this (globally and internally) - Israel / Us will be watching and awaiting on the result.

One path leads to war.

One path leads to a different leadership.

--

As i say just his theory, nothing more...

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I don't know. This could be hype and them ober estimating some new toy.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
I don't know. This could be hype and them ober estimating some new toy.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Indeed. Much ado about nothing...?

Only time will tell..

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

That is indeed a possibility. Maybe blame it on the rebels and then accuse USA of involvement , doesn't seem too impossible.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
If Iran did attack its self and blamed it on Israel and the U.S. well at least you know who they are learning it from: Israel and the U.S.

False flags are nothing new to Mossad and the CIA they've been doing it for years.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I like what someonew proposed on another thread. Iran will probably announce they are withdrawing from the NPT.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
What time do you think the announcement is going to be made? 8am, midday, 5pm (Iran time)? Whatever it is, I wonder if the media will cover it nonstop or completely ignore it.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I dont know but this isnt the first time Iran has done this. In years past, they make the announcement but it amounts to not much of anything and barely makes the front page of any MSM news sources. I remembere the year they announced the AIDS cure and their new helicopter and it was WAY down on the page and Paris Hilton was the top news story. And this was on Fox!

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
What time do you think the announcement is going to be made? 8am, midday, 5pm (Iran time)? Whatever it is, I wonder if the media will cover it nonstop or completely ignore it.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The internet disruptions are soley to stop the protestors organising large rallies.

Twitter and such.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Interesting how important stories get so few flags and attention these days. This reinforces my amazement that so many who post here seem to support Iran.

The only reason for this is to hide something. Likely brutality against citizens. The elimination of any vestige of free speech or a free press.

Lets hope not to many die today in Iran. Does not look good though.

Back to awaiting the announcement on what the Ayatollah meant. With Imadinnerjacket you can ignore it but this with the Ayatollah is different. I don't think any threat from the real leader has ever not been followed through. This is not like the crap from the phony figurehead from the fake elections.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d19ea9d1c136.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ae762e375283.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
It is indeed true that the Iranian regime have made such grandiose announcements in the past. But this year, there has been an unprecedented level of protests against the regime. The initial reason for protests were the allegedly rigged elections. But then the protests transformed into an anti regime voice that targeted not just A-Jad but also the supreme leader Khamenei.

The regime tried to suppress the protests by randomly arresting and executing the leaders of the opposition movement. However, the protests have only grown in size. The fact that the movement has survived for more than 6 months under a brutal regime proves its resilience.

Today, A-Jad will also get his chance to use his prized toys, the new crowd control vehicles, that he purchased from China.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
As far as the "Big Punch" is concerned, it might be a financial one. Iran could very well announce that the countries that purchase its oil would use a basket of currencies such as Ruble, Yuan, Indian Rupee et.c and not just the dollar. A blow at the dollar would indeed be a blow at the "western arrogance".

top topics

join