It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A devastating war between Israel & Hezbollah is on the horizon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

A devastating war between Israel & Hezbollah is on the horizon

www.analyst-network.com

*Israel is secretly evacuating its northern region residents.
*Israel is preparing to invade Lebanon with massive ground troops.
*Israel will not spare any kind of weaponry, including phosphorous and cluster bombs.
*Israel intends to create a new security zone inside Lebanon, south of the Litani to enhance her long term occupation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

In a report written by Hamid Ghoriafi, Middle East analyst and journalist, that was published today by the Kuwaiti Daily Al-Seyassah, Ghoriafi drew a very dim picture for the whole situation and predicted a very devastating imminent war that will be according to the Israelis the last one with on their northern borders.

I found this report the other day, but was hesitant to put it here on ATS. The reason for that is because the newspaper's sources are anonymous. However, it is very detailed and I personally think it's worth a read.

One would think an evacuation of that scale could not gone unnoticed, which makes me very skeptical. On the other hand, I believe that Israel media is legally forced to keep such strategic events as a public secret.

They also claim that Israel is determined to make this the last war on its northern border, which would indicate that they want to deal with the Syrian and Hezbollah threat for once and for all.

The report further states that: "military engineers have finished putting designs for building two military airports inside the Lebanese “new security zone", which will stretch temporally up to the Litani River in the early stages of the war." Technical and logistic equipment required for the construction of these airports have been put in place already.

Hezbollah 'raises its alert level in Lebanon

Hezbollah has raised its state of alert in Lebanon following the recent war of words between Israeli and Syrian officials, according to a report by the Beirut correspondent of Saudi daily Al-Okaz.

The report cites growing concerns in Lebanon that Israel is either planning to attack Lebanon, or that tensions in the region will result in an Israeli operation there.

Lebanon backs Hezbollah against Israel

BEIRUT — Lebanon's prime minister voiced concern Wednesday about "escalating" Israeli war threats, and said his government will support the Shiite Muslim group Hezbollah if a new war breaks out with the Jewish state.

Assad on Sunday vowed to stand by Lebanon's side against any Israeli "aggression"

Syrian President Bashar Assad on Sunday vowed to stand by Lebanon's side against any Israeli "aggression," in an escalating war of words between Damascus and Jerusalem.

Earlier Sunday, Syrian Minister of Information Mohsen Bilal told a seminar near the Israeli border that Syria would "stand in the face of Israeli ambitions."

The Golan Heights "will not remain under occupation," he said.

Bilal reiterated Syria's position that peace could be achieved only with the return of all territories Israel captured in 1967.

Although Syria's army is very much outdated, they recently purchased equipment from Russia for billions of Dollars. I don't think Syria would attempt to attack Israel, but they do have relatively modern Russian anti-air equipment capable of doing significant damage to the IAF.

Additionally, they have over 2,000 pieces of artillery that could seriously threaten Israeli cities on the northern front.

Hezbollah is believe to have obtained between 40,000 and 80,000 rockets and missiles. It is believed to have advanced surface to sea missiles as well as the ballistic Fateh-110 missile, which is believed to have been produced in Iran or Syria. With those missiles, they are capable of accurately destroy Israeli targets.

Israel on the other hand, is about to implement Iron Dome, a new and supposedly very effective anti-rocket/missile system.

Unless Iran joins the game, I don't think that Syria and Hezbollah could defeat Israel, but they could do some very serious damage as well as cause many civilian and military casualties.

www.analyst-network.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Mdv2]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The main reason for this war is because the Israeli's want to deal with Hezbo and Syria before they (or the US) deals with Iran.

Iran is sitting back waiting to be attacked so they can unleash Hezbo and Syria as part of their response.

Well if Hezbo and Syria have already been dealt with as described abover then Iran will not have themn to rely on. At least not in the capacity they would be hoping for.

This war has everything to do with the upcoming showdown with Iran. Israel is just choosing to get a few things out of the way first.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Dont see this happening honestly, this is talked about on a monthly or bi-monthly basis. I dont expect this to happen, last time we knew it was well advertised

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I think Iran would have to join the fight if Syria is attacked due to their defence agreement...no?
In any case the future looks bleak...im still hoping sanity will prevail and a needless bloodbath is avoided but im not getting my hopes up.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
There is no war between Israel and Hezbollah on the horizon.

Climbing over our garden gate and knocking at the front door, yes, but on the horizon, no ...as if we should be so fortunate.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by aristocrat2]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I hope it does happen, and I hope that millions of people in that region of the world die.

The less amount of people that there are in the middle east then the more peaceful that the world as a whole will be.

This world has gotten to the point where we need more peace and less war NOW.

The U.S. government can also do their part by butting out of their business. All this B.S. about how the U.S. is part of the "world community" has gone too far IMO. Sure, do business with the rest of the world for monetary purposes, but as far as taking an interest as to what type of govt., religion they have? Who cares?

We need to bring our troops home, F--- Aghanistan, Iran and whoever, put them on every border that we have, keep the undesirables out, beef up our sattelite and surveillance systems 100 fold so we can intercept and destroy ANYTHING that ANYBODY throws at us, and sit back and watch as all the idiots in the Middle East throw rocks and stick their tounges out at each other.

If their wars bring us more peace as a result........ Bring it on.

Peace

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

I hope it does happen, and I hope that millions of people in that region of the world die.

Why would you write that, never mind think that.

The less amount of people that there are in the middle east then the more peaceful that the world as a whole will be.

It's ironic you say that because it's the few who want these wars, not the majority.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by john124]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Lebanon Accuses Israel of Escalating War Threats

"We hear a lot of Israeli threats day in and day out, and not only threats," he said. "Every day we have Israeli warplanes entering Lebanese airspace." In an interview with the BBC, Mr. Hariri said this is posing a serious danger to regional stability.

www1.voanews.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
There's going to come a time in my lifetime where the US and Israels of the world are not going to be the big kid on the block anymore. They've pushed around and bullied too many people for far too long. I'm ashamed to call myself an American at times. At least as far as my government is concerned. But I'm also losing patience and respect for my fellow Americans as well when I hear some of their opinions. China, Russia, Latin America, Iran...........the balance of power is shifting. And we as Americans can either flow with this shift or try and fight it. But when your society is crumbling on the inside it's pretty pointless to try and fight it.

What I find hilarious is so we keep Iran from getting nuclear weapons now. What about 10-15-20 years from now? Unless we bomb their country back to the stone age they will have nuclear weapons some day. And I see the very real possiblity that USA could find a more diplomatic approach with Iran. The future of their kids depends on it

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Because that's how I feel.

As for your 2nd question- How is that ironic? Even if one warmonger is dead, how does that NOT make the world more peaceful? True, these types of people in the Middle East may be the minority on the worlds stage, but they still disrupt and destabilize the rest of the world by their actions.

For the record, I am NOT advocating illegal activities. What I am advocating is world peace by any and all means necessary. If that means pulling our troops out, fine. If that means sitting back and letting them kill each other, fine. Because you and I both know that's probably what will happen. I say let's leave them alone and find out.

We should not feel guilty by turning our backs on them and letting them do whatever to each other. Remember, their cultures are of the oldest on earth. They've been doing what they've been doing long before England or America became "civilised".

If you want to try to argue my point, go right ahead. You'll be arguing against peace. Think about it.

Peace

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Beating War Drums in Middle East

The beating of war drums in the Middle East is growing louder by the day. Even if warnings of security analysts were to be dismissed, Israel’s belligerent posturing can only point to one conclusion: They seek confrontation. It is why, Lebanese Prime Minister Saad Hariri, in a recent interview with the BBC, voiced concern over escalating tensions.

Hariri has promised to stand by Hezbollah in case of an Israeli attack on the group’s strongholds. There are clear indicators that Israel is on the brink of starting a new war. With daily violations of Lebanese airspace and a rise in aggressive rhetoric directed at Lebanon and Syria, the region seems to be moving towards inevitable conflict.

www.khaleejtimes.com.../editorial/2010/February/editorial_February22.xml§ion=editorial&col=

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I am so sick and tired of zionist Israel trying to rule America and the rest of the World. they really want to Bomb Iran, Bomb Syria,Bomb Hezbollah in Lebanon. start world war III. So when the militery of Israel start Bombing and all these Arab countries backed by Russia and China strike back
and Bomb the crap out of Tel Aviv and the rest of Israel. I'n not going to feel bad about it. they asked for it!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
There's going to come a time in my lifetime where the US and Israels of the world are not going to be the big kid on the block anymore. They've pushed around and bullied too many people for far too long. I'm ashamed to call myself an American at times. At least as far as my government is concerned. But I'm also losing patience and respect for my fellow Americans as well when I hear some of their opinions. China, Russia, Latin America, Iran...........the balance of power is shifting.

I am not an American but I will tell you what I have been thinking.

For starters I couldn't agree more with you.. America has been a very big bully of the world, pushing nations around and killing bombing invading forever.

Now what I am about to say is very sad and I wish it upon NOBODY. Not the Iranians, not the Israeli's, not the Americans, not even Al Qeida.. Not a single human soul...

But sooner rather than later, America is going to be hit HARD, most likely on American soil, and of such ferocity to at the very least rival 9/11 or put it completely in the shade..

And I will say that America had it coming to them.
I don't believe they will deserve it, I don't believe anyone deserves to die.

But when America is hit tragically again next, my god did America have it coming to them.

Been bullying and killing and bombing for far too long now. You cannot irradicate extremist hate by killing... It's absurd.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

Well said. It's hard to believe you can spread democracy at the end of a gun being held by a 20 year old!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
America has been a very big bully of the world, pushing nations around and killing bombing invading forever.

Excessive idealism is quite toxic. If you imagine a different time period, you'll see that there were Egyptians, Greeks, Romans etc who at one point or another were the bully of the world, minus the nukes but quite efficient nevertheless. Making USA look like handywork of Satan, in that respect, is nothing short of stupid. I don't like invading and bombing other nations even a little bit, but all was not negative and still is not.

top topics

join