It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think Iran's punch to the west is to pull out of the NPT?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Iran is a signatory to the Nuclear non-Proliferation Treaty or NPT. This is a treaty signed by a lot of countries saying that they are not trying to obtain nuclear weapons.

If Iran backs away from it, saying that why should they be in it when Israel has nuclear weapons but is not a signatory, I think it would make the west look like the bad guy in the world's eye.

en.wikipedia.org...

I don't know, but it might be their "punch".

They could pull out of the NPT, and test a nuke at the same time, which might be even more of an attention getter.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

It could be just that very thing.

They are in it, and Comply, and that doesn't seem to mean anything

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

I don't like the idea of people like Ahmadinejad taking over the world, but you got to admit that the West (and allies) are making fools out of them-selfs.

Iran has a lot of issues that must be handled, but at the same time, they are now like Iraq was back then. Not a very good country, has a lot of humanitarian problems, but maybe we should have leaved them alone, because we don't understand the whole picture.

Iran has even a bigger advantage, because a lot of its youth is aware to the rest of the world, and many even like programs like the Daily Show. They are not an isolated island.

But instead of handling this problems gently, with diplomacy, we keep giving them stones to their hands, and then we are worried that they throw them at us.

Why the hell are they threatening Iran if they don't want them to reply to those threats?

How stupid can Israel be, to ask for protection from a situation that THEY caused!

What Israel is doing, is the same as your neighbor telling you and the cops "I don't want you to have any guns at home. So to prevent that, I'll aim my bazooka at your bedroom".

How is that suppose to work? How can Israel, or any other country, expect Iran not to act agressibly when the West made such declarations of agression thowards Iran?

I know that its possible that they are making it on purpose, to provoque a act of war from Iran... But if that's not their intention, they are going the opposite way.

As for the punch, I seriously hope it's just that.

[edit on 10/2/10 by Tifozi]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Yeah, it means nothing for them to try to play by the rules, while a double standard is applied to Israel.

I really hope that Iran doesn't do anything stupid, and pulling out of the NPT would actually benefit them.

I really, really hope Israel doesn't do anything stupid either.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
No, I don't think so. Why would they bother announcing that if their aim is to use a nuclear weapon? Announcing that would simply confirm the fears of the west, and Iran would likely face a preemptive strike. I don't think they're that stupid.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DantesPeak

If they test a nuclear weapon it means they will not be attacked.

Look at N. Korea, we threatened to invade/bomb them constantly right up until the day they tested a weapon and declared that they had the bomb.

Iran knows this, and they would be stupid not to try and get the bomb with that precedent set for them.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

That is a good summary of the situation.

I think that Israel has the advantage of propaganda. They seem to be the best propagandists on the planet. I think they would like to dominate the middle east, but they want to us the U.S. military to accomplish their goals. They have learned that propaganda and public opinion in the U.S. is a better weapon than doing their own dirty work.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I could definitely see Iran announcing this. They are CONVINCED the West will not launch an attack on them and all this would do is just throw it right back in their faces.

Isnt it Feb 11th now in Iran? Where is this announcement?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Iranians will end up getting their nuclear weapons and this whole dilemma will turn into another NK circus. The US talks tough but when it comes to really taking out the trash they fold like whimps. Iran is no Iraq and sure as hell is no Afghanistan. They have a sophisticated economy with much more sophiticated military power than Iraq ever had. The US knows this. Hence they are scared to really do anything to punish Iran. Look who the US has as Sec. of Defense..............a female lawyer who knows nothing about war, the military, or male to male dominance. We've had women in her position for the last how many years? The middle east does not respect women. So why the hell would they care about anything some ugly, cold hag Secretary has to say.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
No it won't and here's the proof.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Why are people still continuing the nuke issue, It is a smoke screen, nothing more.

The revelation on the 11th will have more of a scientific or spiritual message, for all we know he will disclose the 12th imam exists today or that they have developed their own home made missile defence shield.

I really do not think that they will say they have tested or have nukes because it will undermine their credability.
People may not like Ahmadinejad, but he is not stupid

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
LMAO!!! That is their "punch to the West?".

Ummm okay....wow.

Originally posted by Misoir

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

So their punch to the west is to say "our economy is going to be better than America's someday".

I doubt it.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Yeah, I gave you a star because I think you are right.

This is the most likely scenario in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Maybe it's this?

'Iran develops system to distract missiles'
Wed, 10 Feb 2010 21:27:10 GMT

A senior Iranian commander has announced that the country has developed a new system to distract missiles. Deputy Commander of Iran's Air Force Gen. Seyyed Mohammad Alavi said that the system prevents missiles from hitting their targets. He stated that Iran's Air Force has made great achievements in the production of smart ammunition and long-range weapons. Alavi noted that Iran will mass-produce the new weapons and ammunition to boost its deterrence. Earlier in February, the Air Force announced that it has successfully tested the prototype of its first domestically-built stealth drone. "The drone, due to its physical attributes and the material used in its body, cannot be detected by any radar," Air Force Brigadier General Aziz Nasirzadeh said

www.presstv.ir...

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Nope...this is their news right here:

www.presstv.ir...

A new elctric green car...i mus sya it does sound impressive 200KM beofre rehcarging. But a "blow to the West"? hmmm. I guess in their eyes maybe.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Haha, that article is from Feb. 10th.

It is amazing how many people I've seen post on threads, "Where's the announcement!!??"

It is like 5 am in Iran.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

but the date of that anouncment was Wed, 10 Feb 2010 23:39:44 GMT

I thought his blow would be revieled on Thur, 11 Feb 2010

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Maybe they are being considerate and want everyone else to be awake when they make the announcement? LMAO.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436

Look at N. Korea, we threatened to invade/bomb them constantly right up until the day they tested a weapon and declared that they had the bomb.

Iran knows this, and they would be stupid not to try and get the bomb with that precedent set for them.

Utter Garbage.

The US never threatened to invade/bomb them. I've read many here at ATS say that though.

Iran is not North Korea. If and When Iran gets the bomb there is no "Armistice Agreement" like there is in Korea to protect them. The US agreed to the cease fire and so far that peace has held. There is no such agreement with Iran or other "Involved powers" The US and West will not stand idly by and let Iran potentially blackmail other countries or bottleneck the strait.

" The US won't attack a nuclear country. "
If that's what people think and believe then they are horribly mistaken.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join