It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

need proxy help.......please!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Hey yall
Ok.....so I had the antivirus soft trojan on my computer and i just got it working again. I had to use malwarebytes however my version was an old version and would not detect the thing so I looked up how to fix it.
I had to startup in safemode with networking, go to internet options and click on LAN settings and uccheck the proxy server settings in order to update my malwarebytes program. It got rid of the trojan but now, I am trying to configure my computer the way it was prior to getting infected so I went back to internet options and rechecked the box for proxy server. Internet explorer will not work when this box is checked now but it works just fine if its unchecked.
Do I have to have it checked? If so then how do I get ie to work again?
Thanks in advance guys!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
by default it's unchecked

if checked, and you don't have a working proxy IP address entered, then you'll get what you're experiencing now. NADA.

leave it unchecked. and put a check in automatically detect settings. click "OK". then click "OK" again, in internet options.

you'll be god to go.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Thankyou!!!!
One more question.....If it is unchecked by default, is it necessary to use a proxy server?

Ok then one more.........After I have checked to automatically detect settings should I go back and manually enter them or just keep it auto detect?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
no. check autodetect. click "ok" then "ok" again in internet options.

open IE and go from there.

new topics

top topics

join