It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Labour threw open doors to mass migration in secret plot to make a multicultural UK

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I think everybody is dreaming if your thinking that any other political party will get into power. It's a simple choice with the standard clueless person living in the UK. Labour or Conservatives.

Labour would always be my choice but considering what has happened since 1997 I am more inclined to vote Tory and after Maggies years of turmoil and what my parents have told me... I vowed never ever to vote for them. There's still mining communities that are still suffering to this day and it was years ago!

You've got a simple choice... BS Brown or Plastic Man Cameron.

It's a general election, a normal local election I would vote for the best local council I can think of that may benefit me in my everyday life. Which for where I live is Liberal Democrat. But with the general public goons all viewing the media as the gospel whereby the latest topics are not the major offensive in Afghanistan but some fashion designer dying and friends being scrapped on C4 & E4. You will never change people's minds, there all dumb with the hopes of being a fricking celebrity. I'm more inclined to simply not vote but then I probably wont be "allowed" a say in politics.

Hence why I'm going to move out of this country... The one thing I will miss is the football and even that is not as good as it used to be...

Seriously... If UKIP could get in then that would be fantastic but the Lib Dems are probably the best choice of the three to simply get somebody else into power. Facebook group anybody????!

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Adono86

I think we need a clean sweep in this country away from the two party system to people a parliment of independants who trully represent their constituencies... This would take interest groups out of the picture and each part of the country would have an equal say no matter what the town or city is... I also think that we should have elected sherrifs in law enforcement who are directly accountable to the people who elected them, so if they are not doing their job we can sack them... I also think that any major policy should have referendum, then our political rep in parliment would vote the majority decision of his/her constuents.. This is true democracy.. But I wont hold my breath..

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
me neither... it's not going to happen.

sorry for my negative attitude but I've already spoken to the general public in my area (friends, work colleagues, etc.) and it's all the same...

"who cares? it's not my problem..."

Then back to the celebrity gossip... it's a much more interesting topic to talk about than politics.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Politics are more volatile these days and things once though impossible are now happening. Here in Canada we have had two major parties since the beginning, Liberals and Conservatives. A few years ago, after a disastrous term in office, the founding Conservative party almost got wiped out managing to get only two seats in an election.

We've also had new parties spring up, often breakaways from the Big Two. And MPs have been switching sides with alarming regularity.

Ironically here something called the Reform Party grew out of a regional reaction against the policies of the dominating federal parties. It exploded in popularity and eventually merged with the old Conservative Party.

Britain seems ripe for a shakeup. People shouldn't be discouraged by the stranglehold the established parties have on government. There are probably a lot of disgruntled people ready to switch loyalties.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Selahobed
reply to post by WatchRider

No worries

Thats democracy for ya... Imagine if we all agreed on everything??
... The horror!!!

People are too different to agree like peas in the pod, such are the ways...
Compromise maybe.
To be fair the LPUK are the ideal party I'd like to see running the show but there's more chance of dancing unicorns in the street than them getting anywhere. Their own laissez-faire style works against them.

[edit on 12-2-2010 by WatchRider]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TailoredVagabond

Originally posted by WatchRider
It's the Tory's, UKIP and BNP that are going to rule the roost in Parliament. Maybe a coalition government is what the nation needs.

Blinkered, you say???

The BNP got protest votes at the last EP elections - over Labour's handling of the recession and the conduct of the MPs of ALL the mainstream parties and their handling of "their" expenses.

Did you really think people are "switched on" to their policies (I'm presuming they have policies, even though their website doesn't have any on there!).

The BNP are doomed.

Nick Griffin sealed that deal by his performance on QT. Watch the cringeworthy bits where he's pretending that someone in the audience is laughing WITH him, while he avids answering a question about his real values.

THEN say they have a future in parliament.

They had less votes at the last by-election - there is nothing to say about the BNP apart from "they used to be an 'also-ran'".

I'll have you a bet if you think otherwise??

Next General Election - what say you??

We shall see, you're not the writer of the future are you? If you are I'll shut up.
I don't think you were either

I remember all the people like you saying 'oh the BNP won't get any MEPs'
Well they got in didn't they and the thin end of the wedge goes both mays my little left-wing superstar

Nationalism is now back on the charts and I treat it as a cycle. Everything has it's time and now we're getting the nationalist gap being filled by the BNP as the LibLabCon folks are completely clueless about how to run the nation without enslaving us into the EU further.

[edit on 12-2-2010 by WatchRider]

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join