It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daily email with a bit of truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
This was sent to me today and I thought this kinda has good point, personaly id leave out idea 4 and review #5

Dear Mr Rudd,

Please find below our suggestion for fixing Australia 's economy.

Instead of giving billions of dollars to banks that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan.

You can call it the Patriotic Retirement Plan:

There are about 10 million people over 50 in the work force.

Pay them $1 million each severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:

1) They MUST retire. Ten million job openings -

Unemployment fixed

2) They MUST buy a new Australian car. Ten million cars ordered -

Car Industry fixed

3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage -

Housing Crisis fixed

4) They MUST send their kids to school/TAFE/university -

Crime rate fixed

5) They MUST buy $100 WORTH of alcohol/tobacco a week ......and

There's your money back in duty/tax etc

6) Instead of stuffing around with the carbon emissions trading scheme that makes us pay for the major polluters, tell the greedy bastards to reduce their pollutions emissions by 75% within 5 years or we shut them down.

It can't get any easier than that!

P.S.. If more money is needed, have all members of parliament pay back their falsely claimed expenses and second home allowances

If you think this would work, please forward to everyone you know. If not, please disregard.

Yours sincerely,

The people of Australia

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Trigger82

Excellent post........has my vote.

My favorite is #5 (Red Wine).

In all seriousness though, 1 million wouldn't be enough to retire on if you had to live another 20+ years and if you're an American pray you don't have a "health crisis".

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I don't see it being that easy at all.
The first part I don't agree with is all the MUST stuff.
That is taking people personal choices away.
To the idea that people over 50 MUST retire might be a bad investment for them.
If they are 50 and retire at 65 and make more then 100 grand a year then thats a 500 thousand dollar loss in the long run.

To the idea of making people buy an Australian car I say what if you are someone who wants a Honda instead, or better yet you want to ride a bicycle or motorcycle??

For the idea of making people buy a house or pay off a mortgage I think you might have left out those that CHOOSE to rent.

About sending kids to University...some might be happier being a fishermen or a stripper and thats their CHOICE.Education is great but not everybody wants one or needs one to live prosperously.

As for making people buy booze and cigarettes...you might be creating a whole other problem socially and for the healthcare system.

Cutting emissions by 75% or you will shut them down??
That alone could create more economic stress.

I do agree with making politicians stop milking the system.

You can't fix things by taking rights and freedoms away.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
well I guess it was a basic example but with figure's changed I spose it could work.

EG, pay out the million then add extra of what they would recieve via normal wages untill retireing age etc. that gives them their normal wage for life plus a million bonus and the average worker here gets between 40 to 65K before tax.

This idea to me would be heaps better than the bailouts to the banks which kept the money for themselves at least this idea the money filters through the channels helping people keep their jobs and obviously creating others heaps.

But just remember sometimes the most simplist of ideas are the best ones.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Trigger82

I agree its better then bailing out the banks but disagree with telling people how to spend the money.
It takes peoples choices away and there has to be a way to do it without people losing the freedoms to choose what they want.

I also agree that sometimes the simplest idea can be the best one.

If you crunched some numbers and looked at the social ramifications then you might be able to get a better idea on how this could work.
Its just not as simple as it looks.
Good start tho.

top topics

join