It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crime targets affected by drop in goods prices

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Crime targets affected by drop in goods prices

news.bbc.co.uk

Criminals are looking for different items to steal because globalisation has brought prices of some household goods down, new research suggests.

Criminology lecturer James Treadwell said that a DVD player costing £19.99 was "simply not worth stealing".

"Cheap labour in China has had an impact on the type of crime that's committed in the UK and the type of goods that are stolen today.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
So there you have it.. Globalisation and the NWO must work as it stops burglaries... Problem-Reaction-Solution all in one nice neat marketable package.

Using the excuse of reduced costs to win the votes.

Never mind the people who are suffering in sweat shops and terrible working conditions in China and other places. Never mind the amount of pollution China is pumping out.

It's almost plain to see how street crime is being reduced by corporate crime.
Crimes that affect the Earth and kill the people.
Delliberate pollution by corporations in order to make money. Slave labour for profit.

A crime against Humanity basically.

And for what? So that the UK can say globalisation is great as it reduces burglaries.
woop-de-do

Check some of these links to see the pollution that is going on in China...

The national pollution census, which mapped more than 5.9 million sources of industrial, residential and agricultural waste throughout the country, showed that China discharged about 209 billion tons of wastewater and 63.7 trillion cu m of waste gases in 2007.

www.china.org.cn...

Environmental degradation is accelerating in China. In Jiangsu millions of people were left without drinking water for a month. In Guangzhou acid rain is falling, affecting the harvest. The State Environmental Protection Administration is complaining that local authorities protect industrial polluters whilst Beijing does nothing to stop them.

www.asianews.it...

A report produced in conjunction and with the co-operation of the Chinese Government was suppressed because of concerns that it could spark “social unrest”. The report said that 750,000 people each year were dying from air pollution and with this many deaths, surely it must be pushing China more towards nuclear energy?

www.uranium-stocks.net...

750,000 deaths from pollution... but that's ok, you're not being burgled and losing your DVD player...

China has a serious Air pollution problem that is not getting better. China has one of the largest coal-consuming industry and is not improving with the amounts of pollution that is caused. Eco-systems and environments are being destroyed in China and turned into a toxic wasteland with no thriving wildlife.

www.greenbioreport.com...

When I moved to China from London I took a large pay cut and left the majority of my worldly possessions behind me. It was of course my own decision but a year later I’m not missing any of it. Surprise surprise, wealth and material possessions make little or no impact on your happiness. This got me thinking about the way most of us live our lives, and in particular after watching the “Story of Stuff” which tells provides some chilling truths about the underside of our production and consumption patterns.

www.randomwire.com...

The list showing Chinas pollution problem is almost endless, yet all we are really concerned about here is how we are not losing the things we buy. We're far more comfortable in our heatd/cooled homes with our CCTV protection and heavy taxation... No need to worry ourselves over the hundreds of thousands who are dying so that we can live comfortably.. and that's not even thinking about the damage to the Earth that we are contributing towards by buying the products that are placed in front of us.

Hooray for cheap goods... houses are not being burgled!
Cheaper insurance for you and me.. hooray..
Meanwhile, another person in a country far away has just died from a preventable disease.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join