It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rothschilds tell American and Britain that "Toll Roads" will help their economies

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
The Toll-Road system mentioned in the original post sounds all too familiar for me. I live in South Africa, and there has been a project going on for the past couple of years to implement a similar per km/mile billing system with toll points scattered all over our freeways.

It would greatly increase the cost of travel for most consumers, and is supposedly to help fund future road network expansions - although we are already taxed on our petrol/gas for this same purpose.

After some investigation, our journalists uncovered that a private foreign company actually owns a 60% stake in the operation, meaning they will profit immensely from this venture.

See a news story related to this: www.eyewitnessnews.co.za...

After some investigation, it turns out the company in question is Kapsch. They are also involved in similar projects in the UK from what I have found. I would like to investigate any links between this company and the Rothschilds, I will start a new thread relating to my findings if anything significant is found.

Not sure if this is worth adding but, another issue with the toll road system is a violation of basic rights in the terms and conditions of owning an e-tag (device that identifies your vehicle and bills your bank account). The violation comes from the clause that indicates "... a clause in the conditions which allowed the South African National Roads Agency Limited (Sanral) (might be interesting to investigate any Rothschild links to this company as well) to get any information from any institution concerning applicants where they had an account, was a gross violation of consumers' right to privacy." See article: mg.co.za...

Fortunately there has been a massive outcry around these tolls and they have been delayed many times due to protests. Our biggest trade union (COSATU) has also vowed to go on a massive strike should the toll system become operational.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Nummero Uno: Why shouldnt the state keep its roads and pocket the money itself? Wouldnt they make even moar?

Nummero Due: Will taxes go down, since no longer money is being payed towards upkeep or will the payer just get the middle finger?

It does make zero sense. Why shouldnt the state pocket the money itself? Unless you want to profit out of something people can get impossibly around. Will take some MAJOR bribing to get the rights to the toll booth too. So people will have even less money to spend at their leisure towards, idk, movies, music and the like and next thing you know, after making downloading movies near impossible and LA still not experiecing an increase in revenue, they demand access to tax money for their troubles.
edit on 16-2-2012 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
According to an independent British newspaper editor, in the not-so-distant future, English drivers will be charged based upon the number of miles they drive, as is being done step-by-step in America.

they already do that here in America, it's called a gasoline tax.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

You do have a way with words, I like
Short, sweet, and to the point. Some here just do not understand how to eliminate a reptile who is eating you alive. The difference? This two legged reptile takes years to eat you, the 4 legged ones take about an hour. That's the only difference.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join