It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Clouds, Skybooms and Norway Spiral

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I've been researching this for a while with the uptick in global methane levels recently. Mystery clouds have been observed as large as 200 miles in diameter rising rapidly through the atmosphere. I believe these are methane clouds. When these rise through a bank of clouds you get this:

www.youtube.com...

If a meteor hits one you get this:

www.youtube.com...

If you launch a missile through one you get this:

www.youtube.com...

I believe Tunguska was a very large methane cloud that was struck by a meteor.

I would expect these clouds to become more frequent with climate change.

If an airplane flies through one it would probably crash or explode and that seems to be what happened to AF 447 off the coast of Brazil.

If the methane release occurs under the ocean it can create freak waves or tsunamis.

A 1.4 killometer high column of methane outgassing under the ocean was observed off the coast of California.

Its possible a singificant release of these clouds could result in skyburn which I have been looking at as a possible cause of the Younger Dryas, 12,900 years ago. It was a warming period so there may have been a large number of such clouds and then a meteor shower occurred. The detonation nanodiamonds, soot and iridium in the layer makes this a possible cause.

[edit on 9-2-2010 by MrWizard]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWizard

I know it's easy to do, but can you not state opinion as fact? It's very misleading to some on ATS, who might think it actually is fact.

The Norway Spiral was nothing to do with methane, as it happened in space, where there is no methane.

Tunguska was most likely a comet or meteoroid bursting in the air. That's what all the evidence points to. A large cloud of methane can not explode on its own, as it needs to be mixed with air before it can combust. Also to explode it needs to be compressed or contained in some fashion, which it won't be if it's just floating around in a cloud.

If you have any actual evidence to back up your claims, please feel free to post it here.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
As far as the meteors, the thing to notice is the color change. It goes from green and then an orange flash at the end. That would be expected of a methane cloud where the light is first transmitted through the methane which gives a greenish tint and then when the combustion nears completion you get an orange flash. Its the same in this South African detonation.

www.youtube.com...

In the Norway Spiral I think you saw the blue color as probably cyanide resulting from the reaction of the missile oxidizer with the methane. Then once the missile got above the cloud and into thinner atmosphere, it turned white again.

The Indonesian asteroid explosion was likely the same thing. It had the power of three Hiroshima A-bombs. Its essentially a fuel air explosive. Methane is explosive at concentrations of between 5 and 15% in air.

Tunguska and other massive unexplained explosions may have been the result of such clouds. The explosion in the Indian ocean thought to be a nuclear test as detected by the satellites may have been one as well.

myamazingfact.blogspot.com...

There is some danger here as there has been significant outgassing in the Arctic Ocean off the Siberian coast. The Russians used to have a failsafe launch system called PERIMETR which used sensors to detect a nuclear explosion and it would then launch a missile that would send go codes to a number of missile silos. Whether it is still active I do not know.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

When its original research there are no references.

I clearly stated "I believe" before each of my contentions so it was clearly stated as an opinion and not as peer reviewed scientific consensus.

Methane is explosive at atmsopheric pressure in concentrations of from 5 to 15%. No need to compress it.

The Russian missile flew through the atmsophere before it entered space and it is in the atmsophere where the blue color was present.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious
reply to post by MrWizard

The Norway Spiral was nothing to do with methane, as it happened in space, where there is no methane.

And you are an expert and this is fact? Not likely. There is no methane in space and the norway spiral was NOT IN space, it was in the atmosphere.

The OP is correct. Methane in a concentration surrounded by air is potentially dangerous.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Skybooms?

Really? I am somewhere between horrified and embarassed.

Skybooms.

new topics

top topics

join