It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would Terrorist put Anthrax in Heroin drugs?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael
Various governments and agencies co-operate and benefit from this huge industry. Notably the Islamic extremists have been more active in the past few years. There has been much activity in South America based mainly in Paraguay which is essentially a lawless state, as well as Mexico.

An integration with the Coke trade apparently as the same distribution networks are used. There is a lot of ambivalence from the terrorist networks of using the drug trade as a way to further political goals. Devastating the policing and legal systems of Western countries particularly the US and Britain are considered desirable. But there is reticence, I gather, to infect the product line and harm the end users and reliability.

Granted.

As i also said, it isn't the sort of mindset of Islamic terrorist networks to perpetrate a scenario such as i've mentioned, still a potential risk, but doubtful.

It's other terrorists which are not sensationalised in the media and so are common knowledge like Al-Qaeda that i am concerned about, as much as individuals or groups who are not necessarily ideology driven but sick people who would love to wipe out huge numbers of a population, similar types to those who'd seek to detonate an old Soviet warhead if they could get hold of one and slaughter hundreds of thousands of people in one foul swoop, etc, a virus vectored as i've said would potentially reach thousands if not hundreds of thousands before an outbreak could be dealt with, job done as far as the same sick bastards who'd seek to detonate an ex Soviet nuke would be concerned, objective achieved, they want to murder as many as possible to punctuate a sick statement to the establishemnt, that's a major security concern, so should what i've said here be, both are deadly on a massive scale but my concern about using drugs to deliver a pathogen much easier for some psycho to acheive.

It wouldn't take much for a group of psycho's ideology driven or not, to infiltrate a distribution network and have control of a large shipment to whatever country, infect it and it goes down the distribution chain and so infects a number of users who essentially become infection factors.

This doesn't need to be a factor of the drug producers themselves and i don't think Islamic extremists would do it either, even a lone psycho could get hold of a few kilo's, selling it on after infection with an engineered virus, so onto consumers who start a chain of infection before the outbreak can be noticed which could be as much as 2-3 weeks after infected drugs were released into the user community.

A lot of nasty people free in society, misanthropes abound, some unfortunately are very clever and scheming , anarchic or ideology driven and the scenarios i portray are not hard to achieve, which is why i have been concerned for a number of years now.

As far as the drug war is concerned, Antonio Maria Costa of the U.N. retracted his assertions that authorities were winning the war because pure source drugs that are cut into street strength drugs were getting scarcer so dealers were cutting drugs more and with substances which cause injury to end users more than the drugs themselves, sometimes horrific injuries especially intravenously and nasally taken substances more than oral.

It was pointed out that the very thing he was asserting as a success was harming the user demographics across the world because of contaminants used, not only hardened criminals as some would like to portray every drug user as being, but suburban housewives, people in universities and colleges who are innocent sons and daughters of innocent parents not criminals, people in work earning honest livings and those owning the companies small and large those workers are employed by and people in every walk of life, honest decent people who simply prefer other substances to recreate with than Alcohol are harmed through adulterated drugs as well as punitive prohibition was and still is wrecking peoples lives through prosecutions and sentencing disproportionate to simple use of a drug.

The U.N. has admitted the social harms of criminalisation are not the objective and recognise a need for change, have ceased the war on drugs, Antonio Maria Costa apologised and retracted his assertions about 10 months ago, there was a lot of dissent against him in the U.N. assembly, he was lucky not to get sacked right there and then the assembly was so disgusted at his inhumane attitudes towards simple end users because they aren't scum who deserve to be poisoned by greedy criminal dealers usually involved in many others areas of criminality not just dealing, money chains often leading back to terrorist networks, the greed of those people being what creates the user associated crime in lower echelons of society and causes more harm than the drugs themselves, the reality is there is more degeneracy and harms in Alcohol abuse than is the reality of recreational substances which are in fact less harmful but deemed illegal, all prohibition does is cause harm to the end users because of contaminates in adulteration and at a huge cost to the taxpayer on various levels, health services, policing, crime from addicts having to afford high cost of class A/schedule A substances, they can legally buy an el cheapo litre of Alcoholic spirit and overdose and die or turn into a psycho and behave antisocial/violent or kill somebody in Alcoholic rage but cannot access a class A or B whatever, drug without paying a huge markup from the dealer back to supplier to producers, where regulated industry in a climate of tolerance would negate such crime figures in significant figures if not completely by lowering costs to end user with safe unadlulterated substances, the risidual drug associated crimes would be minimised significantly, as much as negate the risks i've outlined in a terrorist context.

That's how easy vectoring an infectious pathogen would be, already so many street drugs are already adulterated for profit to the dealers and it's not small amounts, replace that adulteration with an engineered virus, you have the scenarios i've mentioned.

Not the main known terrorist networks nor drug producers i am concerned about in the context of the thread and my posts, it's anarchists and psycho's ideologically driven or not who are misanthropic and don't give a damn about Human life.

Peace.

[edit on 11-2-2010 by DeltaPan]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaPan

it isn't the sort of mindset of Islamic terrorist networks to perpetrate a scenario such as i've mentioned, still a potential risk, but doubtful.

It's other terrorists which are not sensationalised in the media and so are common knowledge like Al-Qaeda that i am concerned about, as much as individuals or groups who are not necessarily ideology driven but sick people who would love to wipe out huge numbers of a population, similar types to those who'd seek to detonate an old Soviet warhead if they could get hold of one and slaughter hundreds of thousands of people in one foul swoop, etc, a virus vectored as i've said would potentially reach thousands if not hundreds of thousands before an outbreak could be dealt with, job done as far as the same sick bastards who'd seek to detonate an ex Soviet nuke would be concerned, objective achieved, they want to murder as many as possible to punctuate a sick statement to the establishemnt, that's a major security concern, so should what i've said here be, both are deadly on a massive scale but my concern about using drugs to deliver a pathogen much easier for some psycho to acheive.

It wouldn't take much for a group of psycho's ideology driven or not, to infiltrate a distribution network and have control of a large shipment to whatever country, infect it and it goes down the distribution chain and so infects a number of users who essentially become infection factors.

This doesn't need to be a factor of the drug producers themselves and i don't think Islamic extremists would do it either, even a lone psycho could get hold of a few kilo's, selling it on after infection with an engineered virus, so onto consumers who start a chain of infection before the outbreak can be noticed which could be as much as 2-3 weeks after infected drugs were released into the user community.

[…]

The U.N. has admitted the social harms of criminalisation are not the objective and recognise a need for change, have ceased the war on drugs, Antonio Maria Costa apologised and retracted his assertions about 10 months ago, there was a lot of dissent against him in the U.N. assembly, he was lucky not to get sacked right there and then the assembly was so disgusted at his inhumane attitudes towards simple end users because they aren't scum who deserve to be poisoned by greedy criminal dealers usually involved in many others areas of criminality not just dealing, money chains often leading back to terrorist networks, the greed of those people being what creates the user associated crime in lower echelons of society and causes more harm than the drugs themselves, the reality is there is more degeneracy and harms in Alcohol abuse than is the reality of recreational substances which are in fact less harmful but deemed illegal, all prohibition does is cause harm to the end users because of contaminates in adulteration and at a huge cost to the taxpayer on various levels, health services, policing, crime from addicts having to afford high cost of class A/schedule A substances, they can legally buy an el cheapo litre of Alcoholic spirit and overdose and die or turn into a psycho and behave antisocial/violent or kill somebody in Alcoholic rage but cannot access a class A or B whatever, drug without paying a huge markup from the dealer back to supplier to producers, where regulated industry in a climate of tolerance would negate such crime figures in significant figures if not completely by lowering costs to end user with safe unadlulterated substances, the risidual drug associated crimes would be minimised significantly, as much as negate the risks i've outlined in a terrorist context.

That's how easy vectoring an infectious pathogen would be, already so many street drugs are already adulterated for profit to the dealers and it's not small amounts, replace that adulteration with an engineered virus, you have the scenarios i've mentioned.

Not the main known terrorist networks nor drug producers i am concerned about in the context of the thread and my posts, it's anarchists and psycho's ideologically driven or not who are misanthropic and don't give a damn about Human life.

I have similar concerns with the means of mass death and destruction being available to an aberrant individual or collection of like-minded players. I always fear more what the religiously inclined cad do more than the criminal-minded. At least criminals are driven by the need to obtain something tangible and predictable - money. Who knows what religious fanatics might determine is necessary for their version of fulfillment.

9/11 was a demonstration of how methodical people can cause maximum carnage. There may be others with a goal to up the ante.

The current economic crunch will hopefully push governments to rethinking their policies. Here in Canada the Liberal Party, in power a few years ago, drafted a decriminalization of grass usage bill, with the longer term agenda of softening the penalties for all drug offenses and ultimately controlling and taxing it all as a business.

The Bush administration ixnayed it with the claim they would bot tolerate what they considered a drug haven state on their norther border.

A problem here in North America is that politicians are afraid to stick their necks our in saying anything positive or even tolerant of illegal drug usage. You can be pro-gay, same sex marriage, abortion, whatever. But not voicing a hard line on drugs is considered instant career suicide.

So while governments look the other way when dealing with foreign regimes active in the drug biz, they are expected to maintain zero tolerance stances. Maybe this will change in the future, but fe indications at present.

Mike

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I think if this was a true terror offensive,there would have been thousands of anthrax deaths in many western countries by now which there have not been...

Unless of course the media,under the loving guidence of governments have chosen to ignore such deaths...It could be a PR headache to try to extract war support from joe public using the sub section of society who are responsible for a massive percentage of crime(heroin addicts).

I doubt our government give a crap about people who chose to take heroin,so its hardly worth giving them news time...Why make a fuss?

Lets keep the fear option for our own manipulated terror events shall we?

Sorryfor being Mr sarc as usual.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The best way to smuggle these deadly drugs into the country is by using the existing network of mules,and imagine the nationwide saturation you could achieve,and imagine how incredibly impossible it would be to trace and stop the spread of the drugs and deadly agents once they entered the criminal system.

Good thing the Americans learned from the Italians during the big war,keep your friends close and your enemys closer.All major government agencys are deeply involved in the criminal underworld and the drug trade,it is part of doing business I believe.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Health Protection Agency said a second case of anthrax had been confirmed in an injecting heroin user in London, adding to two previous cases in England, 24 in Scotland and one in Germany. A total of 12 people have died in Europe of anthrax infection since the first cases emerged in Scotland in December.

European health authorities said in January they believed a batch of heroin was circulating in the region that had been contaminated with anthrax, a fairly common bacteria whose spores can be used as a biological weapon. Experts have said the heroin is unlikely to have been deliberately contaminated.

Rachel Heathcock from the London branch of the HPA stressed there was no evidence of person-to-person transmission in any of the recent anthrax cases and the risk to the general population, including those close to infected patients, was "negligible."

"It is extremely rare for anthrax to be spread from person to person," she said in a statement.

Anthrax is an acute infectious disease caused by spores of bacillus anthracis bacteria. It occurs most often in wild and domestic animals in Asia, Africa and parts of Europe.

Humans are rarely infected but touching contaminated hides or hair can cause skin lesions. If the spores are inhaled, the infection can take hold quickly and by the time symptoms show, it can be too late for successful treatment with antibiotics.

Lindsey Davies, a director of public health for the British capital, said heroin users needed to be aware of the risks.

"I urge all heroin users in London to be extremely alert to the risks and to seek urgent medical advice if they experience signs of infection such as redness or swelling at or near an injection site or other symptoms... such a high temperature, chills or a severe headache," she said in a statement.

"This is a very serious infection for drug users," she added. "Early antibiotic treatment can be lifesaving."

The European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC), which monitors health in the European Union, said last month that other EU countries may be at risk.

"Considering the complex international distribution chain of heroin and the link among cases in Scotland and Germany, the exposure to a contaminated batch of heroin distributed in several EU member states is probable," it said on its website.

But it added that it was also possible the German and English cases are due to small amounts of heroin originating from Scotland, "in which case other EU member states than UK and Germany might not be affected."

Seems this isn't just a localised blip which is going to fade away.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
well i am no means sticking up for the drug dealers, but to me if i were a psyops operator knowing that opium is funding your opposition i would try to diminish the financial ability of my opposition.

Easiest way is to discredit and use fear.
Since opium is an ilicit drug to begin with you wont be able to pull the guilt strings on drug users.

Tell them there is anthrax in there herion and they just might think twice . The tweakers won't care.

I would not be suprised that the whole story is fake.

If it is real. It is more than likely a black op of nato forces distributing the anthrax in the heroin.

As far as im aware the taliban and Al Qaeda have 0 biological capabilities.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TaxpayersUnleashed
As far as im aware the taliban and Al Qaeda have 0 biological capabilities.

There has been much activity in biological warfare by al Qaida and other terrorist organizations. Suppressed in the press to avoid panic.

Saddam Hussein's biological program was hastilly shipped off to Syria just before the US invasion.

www.nationalterroralert.com...

An al Qaeda affiliate in Algeria closed a base earlier this month after an experiment with unconventional weapons went awry, a senior U.S. intelligence official said Monday.

The official, who spoke on the condition he not be named because of the sensitive nature of the issue, said he could not confirm press reports that the accident killed at least 40 al Qaeda operatives, but he said the mishap led the militant group to shut down a base in the mountains of Tizi Ouzou province in eastern Algeria.

He said authorities in the first week of January intercepted an urgent communication between the leadership of al Qaeda in the Land of the Maghreb (AQIM) and al Qaeda’s leadership in the tribal region of Pakistan on the border with Afghanistan. The communication suggested that an area sealed to prevent leakage of a biological or chemical substance had been breached, according to the official.

“We don’t know if this is biological or chemical,” the official said.

The story was first reported by the British tabloid the Sun, which said the al Qaeda operatives died after being infected with a strain of bubonic plague, the disease that killed a third of Europe’s population in the 14th century. But the intelligence official dismissed that claim.

via Source.

The Sun – Terrorists Killed By Own Black Death Experiment

The terrorists planned to wreak havoc on Western targets but fell victims to their own weapon, a leading expert on chemical warfare believes.

The Sun revealed yesterday that Black Death, also called the Plague, killed at least 40 fanatics at a terror training camp in Algeria earlier this month.

It was thought they caught the disease through poor living conditions in their forest hideouts.

But Dr Igor Khrupinov, of Georgia University, said: “Al-Qaeda is known to experiment with biological weapons. And this group has direct communication with other cells around the world.

“Contagious diseases, like ebola and anthrax, occur in northern Africa. It makes sense that people are trying to use them against Western governments.”

Dr Khrupinov, once arms adviser to Russian leader Mikhail Gorbachev, added: “Instead of using bombs, people with infectious diseases could be walking through cities.”

Black Death has been researched as a biological weapon before.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join