It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Met Commander Ali Dizaei guilty of corruption

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Met Commander Ali Dizaei guilty of corruption

news.bbc.co.uk

Metropolitan Police Commander Ali Dizaei has been found guilty of threatening and falsely arresting a man in a dispute over money.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
This type of abuse of power makes my blood boil!! The very fact the guy had a previous inquiry brought against him and got away with it adds insult to injury! He's due to get sentenced right about now… I hope they throw the book at him!! I'd like to point out my feelings have nothing to do with race colour or creed, doesn't matter if he was blue with small green spots or any other race, anyone deserves to get the book thrown at them if they abuse power in this nature! No wonder the general public tend to be suspicious of the police when cases like this come to light...

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8-2-2010 by Majestic RNA]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
He really has lead a charmed life up to now. He was investigated for a case virtually identical to this one but managed to get away with it.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Fang

Yeah charmed life alright, until now I guess, the man is obviously corrupt to the core, I really hope he get's what he deserves for this, what really disturbs me is, if he had got away with it an innocent man would have gone to prison for it, had that happened he would still be sitting in his position laughing his ass off, and probably gone on to do more of the same...

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Oh I duno?, what's going on with the British justice system these days?,

The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) said "criminals in uniform like Dizaei" were the greatest threat to the reputation of the police.

So it's SO BAD and threatens the reputation of the police they give him two years in prison and two years on licence.. WTF?

Source

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
At least it proves that the Police can still be found guilty in a court of law of the crimes they have committed.

Unlike our glorious MPs who plan to hide behind Parliamentary Privilege and weasel their way out of their crimes and to most certainly avoid their punishment.

Effectively they will get away with everything, as they will either stand down or be deselected for the next election, and then retire on their fat guaranteed MP pensions, various directorships, and other lucrative gigs they pick up as a result of their years of abuse of privilege and position.

British MPs have lost touch with reality, they have no relevance to most peoples day to day lives, perhaps the time is coming for a revolutionary change to sweep them and their disgusting pampered lifestyles away and consign the whole charade of British Parliamentary democracy to the bin and adopt a more responsible system like the...erm, ok at this point I am struggling to think of a decent political system, Sweden? Finland? Netherlands? answers please.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Good, good, good!

I just read about this on The Daily Mail and gave a great big "HA!".

OK, so who's next in line? and they better be damn careful this time.

Let that be a lesson to them ALL. Parasites with power.

Here's his record:

Ten years in the headlines

September 2000: First reports emerge that Dizaei's BMW car has been vandalised. The attack is linked to a racist hate campaign against ethnic minority officers.

January 2001: Dizaei is suspended over 'a number of disciplinary and criminal issues' including dishonesty, attempting to pervert the course of justice, personal conduct and integrity.

April 2001: Dizaei announces he will take the Met to an employment tribunal alleging discrimination over his promotion prospects.

December 2001: Dizaei is charged with perverting the course of justice, misconduct in a public office and eight counts of false accounting. He is also accused of submitting eight overstated travel expenses claims in 1999 for a total sum of nearly £2,400.

April 2003: Dizaei goes on trial at the Old Bailey. He is acquitted. September 2003: A second criminal trial of Dizaei, relating to mileage expenses claims, is dropped at the last moment when prosecutors offer no evidence.

November 2003: A police misconduct report finds nine matters against Dizaei could be proved. But a secret deal is brokered between the senior officer and the force which means he will not face punishment. This is strongly criticised by the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC). He later receives around £60,000 in compensation.

May 2004: Dizaei is given a temporary promotion to chief superintendent.

June 2006: Dizaei speaks out after a botched terror raid on the home of two Asian brothers in Forest Gate, East London. He calls for more rigorous analysis of intelligence.

August 2006: Dizaei claims the profiling of air passengers could create an offence of 'travelling whilst Asian'. The Police Federation accuse him of inflaming moderate Muslim opinion and sensationalism.

December 2006: It emerges the Met tapped Dizaei's phone calls on the force's internal phone network during Helios as the interception is ruled unlawful by the Investigatory Powers Tribunal.

June 2007: The Metropolitan Police Authority orders an inquiry over claims Dizaei failed to repay money he spent on a police American Express card and not keeping receipts.

It is alleged he spent more than £5,000 on clothes and perfume while on a trip to the United States.

July 18, 2007: Dizaei goes to the Persian Yas restaurant in Kensington, west London, with his wife after attending a Scotland Yard ceremony. He arrests Iraqi web designer Waad al-Baghdadi in the street.

September 12, 2007: Dizaei is suspended by the Metropolitan Police Authority's professional standards sub-committee. It emerges he is the subject of three inquiries. They focus on the use of his company credit card, the Yas incident and claims he gave inappropriate advice to a defence solicitor representing a woman involved in a fatal hit and run.

September 19, 2007: Members of the Metropolitan Black Police Association (MetBPA) say they have no confidence in top officers. They say colleagues are 'appalled' at the suspension of Dizaei whom they believe is the victim of a 'sustained witch-hunt'.

December 17, 2007: Dizaei files a claim of racial discrimination against the Metropolitan Police and accuses former commissioner Sir Ian Blair and MPA chief executive Catherine Crawford of colluding to suspend him.

May 21, 2009: Dizaei attends Bishopsgate police station to be charged with misconduct in public office and perverting the course of justice over the clash at Yas restaurant. The allegations follow an investigation by the IPCC.

August 5, 2009: Dizaei pleads not guilty at Southwark Crown Court. Judge Geoffrey Rivlin QC sets a provisional trial date for November 30.

September 24, 2009: Substantial damages are paid to Dizaei over false claims he is a bigamist.

November 20, 2009: Dizaei is cleared of misusing his corporate credit card by an inquiry led by Dorset Chief Constable Martin Baker. It finds no evidence he acted dishonestly or without integrity.

December 28, 2009: A Sunday newspaper pays compensation to Dizaei over false claims of security breaches involving an illegal immigrant.

January 11, 2010: The trial opens at Southwark Crown Court.

February 8, 2010: Dizaei is found guilty of misconduct in a public office and perverting the course of justice

Daily Mail Source

[edit on 8/2/2010 by nerbot]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Rob37n

Whilst I agree in part with you Rob (British MPs have lost touch with reality) we do have a case concerning this ongoing subject due to appear in court in March, they did try to use the ‘parliamentary privilege’ card but got overruled (props to Keir Starmer for that!) so let’s wait and see what happens on this ruling, if they get a slap on the hand for it then we know dam well with documented evidence MP’s can basically get away with whatever they want, I hope and pry they are made an example of, only time will tell on that one, as for a more responsible system is concerned.. Like you I struggle with an answer….

MPs charged over expenses

I still think Ali Dizaei should have got more time for his crimes though, the fact the man had previous inquiry’s brought against him say’s it all really, he was a corrupt man in power who abused it not once but a few times, he may well have got away with allsorts unbeknown to us or the police force.. People like this should be given the highest sentence available whether they be MP’s or Police IMO!

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Majestic RNA

Let's hope he gets his just rewards in prison eh?

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Yeah it is good nerbot, could have done with locking him up and throwing away the bloody key though... two years is too lenient I recon, he'll be out in less than a year and be allowed to get on with his life.. It shouldn't happen! It’s wrong, if it was a normal every day man committing a crime of this nature in his own business you can bet ya ass he'd get a much more longer sentence!

[edit on 8-2-2010 by Majestic RNA]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
reply to post by Majestic RNA

Let's hope he gets his just rewards in prison eh?

Hehehe, yeah like put on a wing full of past Criminals he'd put away

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Well, he was guilty and corrupt all those years ago when he played the damn race card to get sympathy…ha. And if only the old boys network had not backed him, and the liberals had not wanted to appear ‘racist’ he would have been locked up long ago.

There is a lesson here for all those who scream racist to excuse their own behaviour, and those who are scared of being called names, and also for those in forums like this who scream ‘racist‘ just because someone disagrees with them. Corruption and badness is corruption and badness, regardless. And the very accusation of racism when there has been no denigration of a person because of the colour of their skin just shows the accuser to be a total imbecile. But I digress.

My only sadness is that he only got 4 years. Although I suppose if he is in the wrong prison, the 2 years he will actually serve may well feel like an eternity. But anyone in such a position of authority and ‘trust’ be it police or MP, should get a minimum ten years for criminality. They get the perks for being in their positions and with those positions should come utter responsibility, which when destroyed is punished more harshly than someone who did not have the trust and responsibility to the many.

And on the subject of MPs, the 50% of all MPs who were found guilty of fiddling their expenses and therefore showing a propensity for criminality and greed, not to mention contempt for the taxpaying public, should be removed from office forthwith. Let’s face it, it would not matter one jot if a citizen protested that they did not know, about any subject of law…we would have the book thrown at us, so they should get even worse. I don’t think there can now ever be any argument, British Mps are corrupt, greedy, immoral and have no care for those who they are meant to be serving.

6 months should have to be served, living on basic benefits, alone on a lonely council estate (with no ability to communicate with friends except by public telephones, if they can afford the calls), which is an absolute requirement before taking up any employment in any political position. When they are so hopeless, cold, hungry and scared, and find no help from anywhere (well, if you are British there is no help), are nagged senseless and made to travel to interviews about work, whether they have money to travel or not, then they may suddenly find a reason to help others, to wish to change the system, to actually do some good in the world and to realise how the systems they institute affect everyone in that system.
Either that or just pull down the entire structure of deceit and be done with it...lol

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by oneclickaway

It looks like the police themselves feel the same oneclick, looking at some of the Police bloggs online today say's it all really, I get the feeling the force has had enough of treading on egg shells around people willing to use the race card, as one officer blogged:

"I hope his conviction marks a turning point where there will be less use of the race card and spineless managers will grow a backbone and stand up to egotistical, bullying, incompetent thugs like Dizaei."

It also looks like change may come about through the Dizaei case, let's hope the changes are kept real and racism is not allowed to remain in the police force, personally I think all Policemen/women should be treated the same with no one race given special treatment because of the colour of their skin!

"The police can afford to be less frightened about dealing with racially sensitive issues: it is no longer the case that the default position of a jury is to assume that the police are racist."

Source

One thing on the politicians being up in court for their expense claims struck me as wrong, have you noticed all the MP's who are up in court are nobodies, they don't hold any real power as such and are dispensable, not one major MP who holds power is in the firing line, yet many of them claimed for outlandish expenses, it's like they've drawn straws as to who goes to prison and take the fall for the majority of them… it's wrong! Heh, as for your idea "6 months should have to be served, living on basic benefits, alone on a lonely council estate" they wouldn't last five minutes in the real world! They have their heads so far in the clouds and are so far removed from the average person in the UK they wouldn't know how to survive on a council estate! Be nice to see happen though

[edit on 9-2-2010 by Majestic RNA]

[edit on 9-2-2010 by Majestic RNA]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Just read this on mr Ali Dizaei:

SCOTLAND Yard's Ali Dizaei was secretly taken to a soft semi-open prison yesterday - 11 days after the bent police chief was jailed for four years.

So after 11 days he get's to move to a semi open prison for his own safety... what utter crap the justice system is in the UK!!
they should let the bloody con's look after him in a nice little cell, not move him!!

Ali Dizaei

new topics

top topics

join