It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yeah need a little help here ....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2003 @ 12:50 AM
link   
For some reason I can't see my "avatar" , just the white box w/ red "x" . If anyone knows how I can change that ? Then that would be helpful. If there isn't a way to change it .Then can someone , who can see it , decribe how it looks like . That way I can figure out if I got the right "avatar" that I wanted.

posted on Mar, 1 2003 @ 12:38 PM
link   
To be honest, you should've posted your question in the XMB Forum topic...That's where all posts concerning the XMB forumboard are supposed to go.

First, you have to have a pic...Preferably in GIF or JPG format (mainly because these are the most commonly-used formats on websites). Then you need to load it up into a graphics program so you can make it fall within the posted guidelines for ATS...The guidelines can be read here: xmb.abovetopsecret.com...

Once you've got it cropped & so forth, you need to upload it to a website in a non-secured area that wouldn't need an access code or password...Otherwise, ATS won't be able to call it up & display it.

Once you've got it uploaded, you need to get into your profile edit-mode here at the ATS forums (Control Panel/Options screen). Click on "Edit Profile". Scroll to the bottom of the page & find the textbox behind "Avatar URL:" (It's just above the entry-areas for typing in your Signature & Mood) and type in the URL address that will lead to your uploaded pic. Click on the "Edit Profile" button at the bottom of the page.

If you've typed in the URL for your picture correctly, it should now show up when you look at any of your posts.

[Edited on 1-3-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Mar, 1 2003 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Your image is on Geocities.com and they typically do not allow remote linking to images (links to images from outside their domain).

Occasionally you can get a remote link to a GeoCities image to work, but it's not reliable.

posted on Mar, 1 2003 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Thanks for the advise MidnightDStroyer & William . And sorry about posting this " thread " in the wrong area. I'm going to try and get my avatar fixed now.
Thanx a lot.

[Edited on 2-3-2003 by PeLeTi]

posted on Mar, 1 2003 @ 10:24 PM
link   
PeLeTi, if you email me at [email protected] I'll be more than happy to host your avatar on my site for you.

posted on Mar, 2 2003 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Got my avatar to work , thanx a bunch .
Oh yah , Midnight Mutilator ... thanks for the offer ... and because of your website . I now have another site of alien & goernment conspiracys to check out . Thanx

top topics

join