It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran leader says Israel's destruction 'imminent'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Iran leader says Israel's destruction 'imminent'

www.google.com

Supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said on Sunday the destruction of Iran's arch-foe Israel was "imminent," and called for continued resistance against the Jewish state, state media reported.

"I am very optimistic about the future of Palestine and believe Israel is on the steep path of decline and deterioration," Khamenei told Ramadan Abdullah, the secretary general of Palestinian militant group Islamic Jihad.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.haaretz.com
www.jpost.com
www.ynetnews.com
www.eurasiareview.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Arab media: 2 Israeli Navy ships passed through Suez Canal

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
So this is it then.. I'm afraid this little vocal splurge pretty well has me at a 99% certainty that a serious major war is right on our doorstep.

US selling arms to Gulf countries in defensive of Iran's retaliatory strike, Israel's ships apparently heading towards the Gulf www.abovetopsecret.com... Hezbollah, Syria and Lebanon are on HIGH alert that Israel may be about to start its bombing, Feb 11th announcement from Iran... What else am I missing?

I am now 99% certain something major is about to happen in the Middle-East, and the Iranian leader see's that it will bring about Israel's "Imminent" destruction.

Emerald the Paradigm... I think you may be right. I still can't say 100% that this war will happen THIS month, but I will no longer be surprised if it does.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The "imminent" was added by whoever wrote the article.

He never said imminent he's only quoted as saying:

I am very optimistic about the future of Palestine and believe Israel is on the steep path of decline and deterioration,"

That's just him saying that they are on the war path and will inevitably destory themselves.

I happen to agree with him.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The thing is , if Iran attacks israel, Iran will be wiped off the map with all it's citizens, why would Iran start a war. They havnt started a war in over a centuary, why now, why would they attack anyone?

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
"Iran does not recognise Israel, and is a staunch backer of Palestinian Islamist militants."

So now we finally know who is supplying all those rocks to the Palestinians.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Right well, author shouldn't write the "imminent" part in quotation marks should he?

Either way, this thing is coming and its really getting hard to deny it any longer

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

You are right that they added imminent but I also think the "steep path of decline and deterioration" means its imminent.

This next week will be very interesting either way and will be an indicator of what is to come in the coming months. It sets the dialogue and people are already choosing sides. I don't think this is just talk anymore, but I also don't know if it will mean certain death and destruction...

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I would also like to through in that with all the civil un rest that Iran has had since the elections that this could be a way to ease the civil un rest that has been happening. You know creat something to take all the attention of what is causing you problems.

The was a movie made on that theam.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I read many posts that say, "Iran will be like Iraq and Afghanistan, Iran will be a rather easy war and everyone is just hyping it up for nothing". Well my question to you is, how many wars can we have before something finally says enough is enough. We attacked and invaded Iraq with no good reason, we attacked and invaded Afghanistan with basically no good reason, now we will attack Iran with no good reason. How many times honestly can we attack others before our time runs out. I believe if Kharma is real then this would its' perfect timing, get us caught up in a war we would perceive as quick and easy and then suprise us with a world war that we would never have expected(atleat not the government morons). It would not suprise me, nor anger me, if this turned VERY VERY sour for the Israelis and Americans.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
He says this every day, and it makes the news every day. I get sick of hearing it, why don't they fight and get it over with already.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyle43

You are right that they added imminent but I also think the "steep path of decline and deterioration" means its imminent.

This next week will be very interesting either way and will be an indicator of what is to come in the coming months. It sets the dialogue and people are already choosing sides. I don't think this is just talk anymore, but I also don't know if it will mean certain death and destruction...

I somewhat agree, but adding "Imminent" means that Iran is somehow waiting to attack Israel or to start agression.

Do you see how disinformation works in favor of the US and Israel in this article?

Without the words "imminent" the thread and the story really have no bearing on the situation now does it? It's just another speech from the Ayatollah.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
So the rhetoric increases on both sides, lots of brinkmanship.. lets just hope no one is silly enough to jump.. tho I have a feeling the stage has been set for a while..

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Any attacks made by the Iranian forces would lead to even more unrest in Iran itself. The people there are already fed-up with their oppression.

[edit on 7-2-2010 by smurfy]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I agree, No matter who would win this war, i pretty much think we would all lose

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said on Sunday the destruction of Israel was assured, while pledging to “defend Palestinians due to their heartfelt beliefs.”

”Israel is going downhill toward decline and fall and God willing its obliteration is certain,” Khamenei said during a meeting with Islamic Jihad leader Ramadan Abdullah Shallah, according to the Teheran Times.

“Today Palestine is the symbol of life, determination, faithfulness, diligence, and dignity,” Khamenei explained, adding that the Palestinians had proved that they were “spiritually more powerful than Zionists,” which is why the IDF has been unable “defeat them.”

“Palestinians’ faith is the main factor in their resistance,” he said.

Khamenei went on to call Israel “a symbol of atrocity, viciousness, and ugliness,” and said the West’s “support for the Zionist regime is ineffective.”

www.jpost.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Man with goofy hat 6000 miles from US expresses opinion.. woooah, alert Spotswood and team america!!

israel has no legal reason to attack iran, and iran has no motivation to nuke muslim holy land.. not that any of that matters, if the oligarchs want more illegal war.. they'll get one.

The dumbest part of this phony drama is the fact "Iran does not recognize Israel" is supposed to mean something.. so what? hurt feelings are an act of war these days? lol the whole iran thing so transparently stupid..

Whatever happens I hope the US/israeli PTB get punked.. they so deserve it.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

Israel is on the steep path of decline and deterioration,

Empty words from a despot whose tyrannical legacy is almost over, and will be completely humiliated this week.

No doubt they'll hurt Israel on their way down and out, but they will never be able to destroy Israel, nor will Syria's backing of Hezbollah.

[edit on 7-2-2010 by john124]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by K-Raz
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I agree, No matter who would win this war, i pretty much think we would all lose

Especially one that would get out of control very quickly like this would.. Added to that we'd have all the opportunist nations deciding it would be a good time to sort out whatever quarrel they have with their neighbour. *sigh* I don't think we'll be getting off this roller coaster ride any time soon.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
another media spin lol ...
its just funny

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

What else am I missing?

You're missing the most obvious point: The regime's birthday is on the 11th, and will be humiliated even more by opposition protests. Hezbollah attacks Israel to distract media attention from this.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join