It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Choice of 7-year-old as samba queen causes uproar in Brazil

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Oh No, A young girl is Dancing!!!!!!
The above is hyperbole, make no mistake.

Now that we got that out of the way, what do you think is happening here?

Let's see

Originally posted by silo13
If someone looks at a little girl playing dress up and dancing, and they think sex - it's THEIR PROBLEM. THEY have a mental hang up.

What do you think will be the mindset in say another 15 years or so?
Fine, fair enough people today should not think of sex watching a young girl dance

But with more and more young girls dacing sensually and it being more widely accepted day by day what do you think men growing up in such an environment will think when they grow up seeing such young girls dance like this?

I think that the above quote by silo and many other like-minded posts here are extremely short-sighted.
With great power comes responsibility, freedom is very powerful.
With great freedom comes responsibility.

So those with the open arms and eyes shut views on this topic, you are all playing a dangerous game, and it's only your offsprings that will suffer the consequences of your short-sightedness.

Where are the family values?
Are some of you so conditioned into thinking that conservatism always stems from religion and that is the reason you think so radically?

This girl dancing is just the beggining, soon they'll wear skimpier clothing and even more makeup.
Do you know what makeup is? It's a drug!
The more makeup you put on your face the more it corrodes the the skin and then the more you need makeup.
This is called creating a dependancy, it is therefore a drug.

Having sex with a minor is illegal, but you're never too young to be depicted as a sex symbol?
What kind of thinking is that? I feel like puking!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let's all do the congo naked and worship a golden horse, why delay the inevitable.
Perhaps that's the big bang theory.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Okay for all you intellectials out there: You have a young beautiful daugher, are you going to let her go to / lead carnival?

Keep in mind, this is not a disney affair. We are talking half nudity and adult "games".

Come on, I am for sexual freedom, but children need to be protected from adult parties and that is what carnivals are - adult parties.

I am for "dancing" dancing releases the spirit of man - but - this "carnival" exposes too much for the young ones. It makes them calous before their time.

Some things are for adults and somethings are for children.

It is good to know the difference.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1984hasarrived
Well, the fact that she started crying shows that she should not have been up there, IMO. She was far too young to be put under this pressure.

My opinion is that there was nothing wrong with her dancing, (from what I could see) it was the people who "worried" about a 7 year old dancing that "created" this pressure in the first place, which led to all this media. Kind of ironic right.

[edit on 18-2-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
Okay for all you intellectials out there: You have a young beautiful daugher, are you going to let her go to / lead carnival?
I don't know if I am an "intellectial", but I know that I don't have child and that I hate Carnival, so that part of the question is hard to answer.

Keep in mind, this is not a disney affair. We are talking half nudity and adult "games".
No, we are not talking about that, what she was going to do (and apparently only had time to start) was to lead the people from that samba school during the parade.

Are there half naked people? Sure, but do you think that there aren't any half naked (or any other percentage of naked between 0% and 100%) people in a city with 6 million inhabitants and kilometres of beaches?

And for those on the parade there aren't any "adult games", they are too worried with the parade itself, wining that parade is the most important thing for the thousands of people that give all their free time to the preparation of those parades every year, the whole year.

It is good to know the difference.
It's also good to know what we are talking about.

PS: as I am not Brazilian myself and I never went to Brazil, if I made some mistake on this post and anyone with real knowledge of how things are sees it, please correct me.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join