It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Members Viewpoint of the USA

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zerbst

The confusion lies in the duplicity. The US Government has both an agenda and an illusion of what America is about. The agenda is a sinister and secret plundering of the world and its populace, while the illusion is what makes the agenda possible. The illusion is pounded into every American from cradle to grave. Telling them over and over that they are the best, brightest, bravest and most envied nation of people the world has ever known. America stands for all that's good and righteous and provides a heroic service to all the world.

Americans believe this to be true which causes their inflated egos. The rest of the world is not nearly as sheltered from reality and cannot understand why Americans are so ignorant to what they can plainly see? Americans simply can't help their ignorance because their governments work hard at keeping them that way. This is why most non Americans declare their dislike for US Gov and not the US citizenry.

I'm American, but I'm righteous first. I cannot put patriotism before righteousness. I am an example of the minority opinion, but that minority is growing larger everyday. As the US Government exposes their actual agenda, the once solid public opinion is shifting away from the illusion.

As a non-American I can agree with some of that you wrote, because it's exactly how many in the world feel!

The citizens were clearly manipulated by other forces and a sinister agenda and all this propaganda, sadly!

But they seem to be waking up! which is good - so there's still hope! lol!

[edit on 10-3-2010 by Chevalerous]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightoftheComet

Originally posted by squiz
"Flags are bits of colored cloth that governments use first to shrink-wrap people's brains and then as ceremonial shrouds. to bury the dead."
-Arundhati Roy

Mission accomplished.

Here's a list of countries bombed by the USA since WWII.
China 1945-46
Korea 1950-53
China 1950-53
Guatemala 1954
Indonesia 1958
Cuba 1959-60
Guatemala 1960
Belgian Congo 1964
Guatemala 1964
Dominican Republic 1965-66
Peru 1965
Laos 1964-73
Vietnam 1961-73
Cambodia 1969-70
Guatemala 1967-69
Lebanon 1982-84
Grenada 1983-84
Libya 1986
El Salvador 1981-92
Nicaragua 1981-90
Libya 1986
Iran 1987-88
Libya 1989
Panama 1989-90
Iraq 1991-2002
Kuwait 1991
Somalia 1992-94
Croatia 1994 (of Serbs at Krajina)
Bosnia 1995
Iran 1998 (airliner)
Sudan 1998
Afghanistan 1998
Yugoslavia 1999
Afghanistan 2001-02

Add your own more recent history. The war machine has never stopped.
I like americans but I hate the empire.

haha, your full of it. Some of these countries like oh say CUBA! we never did anything too! Castro took over in 59 and with the exception of the bay of pigs invasion which was a spectacular success
nothing happened! Well, unless you count cuba declaring itelf a leninist-marxist state and allying itself with the soviet union.

learn some history dude.

The Bay of Pigs caused the death, injury and maiming of hundreds of Cuban citizens. Decades of the US Embargo has caused the Cuban people endless suffering, both their physical and economic and welfare. Denying people modern medical care alone is an atrocity that is inexcusable.

Despite your grossly underestimated opinion of effects on US-Cuba relations, Cuba is merely one of the mentioned. To declare squiz of being "full of it" would be ridiculous even if your flawed knowledge of history were true! The fact that your views on Cuba are totally false only compounds your embarrassment.

You not only need to "learn some history", but also how to make a respectable counterpoint without contradiction, "dude"?

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightoftheComet

Originally posted by squiz
"Flags are bits of colored cloth that governments use first to shrink-wrap people's brains and then as ceremonial shrouds. to bury the dead."
-Arundhati Roy

Mission accomplished.

Here's a list of countries bombed by the USA since WWII.
China 1945-46
Korea 1950-53
China 1950-53
Guatemala 1954
Indonesia 1958
Cuba 1959-60
Guatemala 1960
Belgian Congo 1964
Guatemala 1964
Dominican Republic 1965-66
Peru 1965
Laos 1964-73
Vietnam 1961-73
Cambodia 1969-70
Guatemala 1967-69
Lebanon 1982-84
Grenada 1983-84
Libya 1986
El Salvador 1981-92
Nicaragua 1981-90
Libya 1986
Iran 1987-88
Libya 1989
Panama 1989-90
Iraq 1991-2002
Kuwait 1991
Somalia 1992-94
Croatia 1994 (of Serbs at Krajina)
Bosnia 1995
Iran 1998 (airliner)
Sudan 1998
Afghanistan 1998
Yugoslavia 1999
Afghanistan 2001-02

Add your own more recent history. The war machine has never stopped.
I like americans but I hate the empire.

haha, your full of it. Some of these countries like oh say CUBA! we never did anything too! Castro took over in 59 and with the exception of the bay of pigs invasion which was a spectacular success
nothing happened! Well, unless you count cuba declaring itelf a leninist-marxist state and allying itself with the soviet union.

learn some history dude.

Yes american is a great country formed with high ideals and good people, but a lot of them are clueless as to their own history...

The above post clearly shows this lack of history and yet he is telling others to learn history. That make america more dangerous with people voting when they have no clue what their government is doing around the world.

Americans you need to know your own history and challenge your goverments position before it gets worse. 9/11 was only a taste of what your future holds if you don't wake up...

Dude...

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Originally posted by whiteraven
The ATS community needs to continue to Deny Ignorance and rightfully acknowledge that both the US and Canada (NATO) have been a force for good in this world bringing hope to the oppressed.

The North Atlantic Treaty Organisation NATO is comprised of 28 States, not just the US and Canada.

Every country in the world has its good and bad points. Every single one.

Making boastful claims about one, or two countries, just comes across as arrogance.

You have to acknowledge the world. We're a global community now.

[edit on 7/2/10 by neformore]

I recognize that we are a "Global Community".....

My friends Grandmother....last name Hostee....NA....told me when she taught us smudging that all the world is a family.....

BUT just like a family we need to give our relatives...no matter how strange to us...the FREEDOM to live and decide and explore on their own....

So Global Government flies in the face of a global community.

We have ALWAYS been a global community....this is recognized even by Tecumseh but global government is not tribal or family government and like Tip Oneil and Reagan used to say...All politics are local.....or tribal....

lol

PS...I was reading your comment and enjoyed it but I had never replied....thx bro

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join