It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope John Paul II, tyical pagan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Pope John Paul II used to beat himself with a belt and sleep on a bare floor to bring himself closer to Christ, a book published Wednesday says.

The late pope had a particular belt for self-flagellation and brought it with him to his summer residence, according to the book, "Why he is a Saint: The True story of John Paul II."

www.cnn.com...

No, we need not ever whip ourselves with belts, or inflict pain upon ourselves, and by all means never burn our bodies in protest as the monks did during the Vietnam War. They would set themselves on fire, performing ritual suicide in protest against governmental anti-Buddhist policies. Lashing oneself with a belt is a far cry from ritual suicide by burning, but the lesson is the same. To get closer to God – both the Father and Jesus Christ, one need only ask, seek, and knock. God is ever-listening and He will answer if we are diligently and sincerely crying out to Him.

The article went on to state, “Catholics are not alone in choosing to inflict pain on themselves for religion reasons. Some Shiite Muslims lash themselves until they bleed when marking the mourning period of Ashura, while fasting is practiced by people in several religions, including Jews on Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement.”

www.lcg.org...

So what is the difference between the pope and a typical pagan on the streets of islam beating themselves with a sword unto bleeding....?

Nothing but the media of the catholic church that has been changing history for over a thousand years to corrupt and mislead mankind.......

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Got this one going already here in Skunk Works.

peace

[edit on 6-2-2010 by silo13]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

My appologies...........

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime
So what is the difference between the pope and a typical pagan on the streets of islam beating themselves with a sword unto bleeding....?

Islam isn't a pagan religion.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

Pagans in the streets of Islam? Islam is a religion not a place and its not pagan.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Merry Meet Wise Ones,

Hmmmm, I think some body better look up and learn more about other religion's first before posting, and finding out who Pagans are.

Blessed Be: Kernoonos.....

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime

Funny that you want to label Islam, which is an Abrahamic religion, pagan....Oh, I forgot, Abrahamic religions could never be "eeeevil." That is sanctioned by the pagans.
:shk: Ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

Explain to me how on earth you come to the conclusion that Islam is equated to paganism??

Islam is the ANTI PAGAN religion. It has no idols. No intercessors. The underlying theme of the whole religion is the ONE-ness of God. Tawheed. God is only one thing, completely uncomprehensible to human mine.

The pagans were the ones in control of Mecca who were running the Kabba with 360 idols which were worshipped by the town before Muhammad was born. Wars were fought between the pagans and Muslims.

Christianity on the other hand is the religion with the pagan holidays, and 3 parts of God. The trinity is taking away from God's unity, therefor is far more pagan than Islam.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by seattletruth]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth

Christianity on the other hand is the religion with the pagan holidays, and 3 parts of God. The trinity is taking away from God's unity, therefor is far more pagan than Islam.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by seattletruth]

True. We're not even going to talk about the fact that the "Christians" stole temples and holy sites from the pagans. We won't mention that many of the Saints were pagan deities, et cetera. I could go on, but I won't.

top topics

join