It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home Owner Billed by Fire Department , for Fighting Fire

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
double post ... mod please delete

[edit on 2/6/2010 by YourPopRock]

link   

link   

link   

link   

link   

link   

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by YourPopRock
Well, I always say "the only good cop is a dead cop"... looks like i get to add firefighters to the list.

And I always say the only good ATS members are the ones smart enough to know how to post and not say stupid stuff...way to go genius!

By the way..since you obviously have NO clue what it costs to own the equipment needed to fight fires...you go ahead and start your own dept...let me know how that works out...

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Mod Note: Please do not edit staff edits.

[edit on 2/6/2010 by AshleyD]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975

Originally posted by YourPopRock
Well, I always say "the only good cop is a dead cop"... looks like i get to add firefighters to the list.

And I always say the only good ATS members are the ones smart enough to know how to post and not say stupid stuff...way to go genius!

By the way..since you obviously have NO clue what it costs to own the equipment needed to fight fires...you go ahead and start your own dept...let me know how that works out...

Lol, i deserved that one.... the only good ats member is also one who can keep his cat the heck off of the keyboard when he is trying to post!

A streamlined fire department can acutally be run very efficiently. I wouldn't own the equipment either, I would lease all of it so that there would be significantly less start up capital required and I would let the fires pay for the equipment (and at only 27,000 a crack instead of 28,000 i could save homeowners thousands!)

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Alright, Guys. Let's try to get back on track.

There is nothing the staff can do to completely remove the repeat posts but it was an accident judging by the time stamps all being the same minute mark (while doing it intentionally would have caused the posts to be at least 1 minute apart from the first to the last).

It's an unfortunate yet accidental distraction we'll need to move past.

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Alright, Guys. Let's try to get back on track.

There is nothing the staff can do to completely remove the repeat posts but it was an accident judging by the time stamps all being the same minute mark (while doing it intentionally would have caused the posts to be at least 1 minute apart from the first to the last).

It's an unfortunate yet accidental distraction we'll need to move past.

Thank you.

Thanks Ashley!

And thank you Socks (my cat) for your enthusiastic pressing of the enter key!

That brings me to another though, would the fire department charge per pet rescued?

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
"so what happens when our country decides to allow MILLIONS of illegals into it's boarders who DO NOT pay into the system, or people on all this "assisted" living, welfare, BS who are given given given and do not have to pay anything in return YET demand use of that said system?"

How many illegal aliens do you know that can afford to purchase a home? How many banks do you know that will give illegal aliens a loan to purchase a home? If illegal aliens do not have the capacity to purchase a home, why would they be using fire fighting services?

As for law enforcement services, we all know that most cops wouldn't spend a minute protecting illegal aliens or minorities, unless of course, it was to harass them or shake them down. Come to think of it, the same is true for citizens.

Also, how about the school tax? How many people pay into this system who do not have children or have children in private schools? Where is all this money going to? The educational system in the USA is third world crap.

The major problem here is not illegal aliens, it is the corruption of your elected officials. This is not in defense of illegal aliens, but blaming this problem on them is myopic, to say the least. The problem lies with the crooked extortionists who have been entrusted to collect and disburse these tax funds. Last time I checked, I do not recall any illegal aliens shaking down people for money and threatening to confiscate people's property if they did not pay.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I can think of illegals shaking people down... specifically the Latin Kings gang in Minneapolis...

If a fire department can raise 28,000 off of one fire for a city, what is to stop them from committing arsons to raise funds? Who would stop them? The police (the same people benefiting from the money)?

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by YourPopRock

Funny you mention arson fires. Have you heard of the fireman in CA back in 08 setting fires?

Gotta have work to get paid I guess.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

EMS's are operated by private corporations .. they always have and always will bill for their services (for what reason, I cannot say.. it makes absolutely NO sense to have EMS be privately run). Naturally, only hard working people will ever pay for these services, as poor, assisted, illegals, etc never have to pay.

But charging for a fire? That's just obscene.. it's crooked.. it's no different than calling the police because someones mugging you, and the police refuse to respond until you pay the fee... why's it legal for the Fire departments and not the Police?
And why's it ALWAYS been legal for EMS????

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Good post. Good link.

Send me a bill for 28K because my house burned down because you were incapable of doing you job??????? F--- OFF!!!!!

Not enough tax money in the coffers to pay you to put out fires but you can sit in your little clubhouse and watch fires burn????? DITTO!!!!!!

On the other hand though, if these people also voted no to raise taxes which they knew would help pay for these services, I won't feel sorry them and neither will anyone else.

If this was a privately run fire department I would sue their asses off. Actually,they should sue them regardless of who operates it.

One question though. What if somebody who lived in that house died in that fire?

If worse comes to worse and they end up HAVING to pay that bill, I would wait until a collection agency is put on the case [usually after 90 days of non-payment] and I would set up a payment plan of $1 a month because that's all I can afford because I JUST LOST MY HOUSE!!!!

Your credit score will take a little hit but not much because your're not 180 days delinquent and you now have a revolving account. Kind of like your car payment to a bank.

I hope everything works out well for these poor people. Personally, I'd be PISSED!!.

Peace

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The post about ems was perfectly correct.

All of the ambulances in my area are privatized. Prior to that, the city did charge for an emt to show up and give ya a ride.

Private companies came into play and found they could do it faster and cheaper. Now 911 dispatches to the private companies and the city owned ambulances are gone.

Fire could EASILY do this...

Let the faster, the cheaper and the better get the job... no matter who they are.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975
ALSO TO ADD: Lets not forget the budgets are usually handled by greedy, dumba@@'s who think cutting public safety is the best route, yet allow commissioners and other "department heads" to have salaries that are ridiculous....they need to learn where cuts SHOULD be made. Fire, Police, and EMS should be the last places...not because I work in them, but its common sense. When is the last time a department head or county commissioner making $100,000 a year came running to give CPR, put out a fire, or respond to a burglar in your home??????????
[edit on 2/6/2010 by rcwj1975]

You're absolutely right brother. I am running for County Commissioner where I live, although it doesn't pay $100,000 a year.

I live in a small town of about 13,000 and our annual tax base is $4.75 Billion a year.
I'm not sure about the City Police or Fire/EMS budgets, but I do know that our Sheriff's Department budget is $1.3 Million. I've heard some grumbling goin on from some people about how it's too much money, but they honestly have no understanding on the matter. They just hear a million dollars and act like it's coming straight out of their own pocket.

We're not a suburb and we're no where close to a big city or metro area. We're just a small town out in the middle of Texas. Our Fire and EMS departments are not private. The only private EMS style service in our area would be the First Flight medical choppers, but we serve as more of a response hub, so they're actually paying us to be here.

The law enforcement budgets are something that I am deffinately going to look in to when I get in to office, because I firmly believe that with an annual tax base close to $5 Billion that we can afford to increase those budgets for more officers, more training, better equipment, new jail facilities, better salaries, etc.

I have taken the time to speak with some of our local officers and there doesn't seem to be any particular issue that they think needs to be fixed, as far as budgetary. The main complaint I hear is a lack of relationship between LEO's and the public. Which will be another area of concern that I will address once I get in to office.

BTW .. Where do you live and what kind of pay/benefits do you receive? I'm just trying to find a comparison to base my thinking on.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join