It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Directed Solar Flare Eruption!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
im not 100% sure but i do think you are right on that one

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

I found this on wiki...."From August 28, 1859 until September 2, 1859 numerous sunspots and solar flares were observed on the sun. Just before noon on September 1, the British astronomer Richard Carrington observed the largest flare,[3] which caused a massive coronal mass ejection (CME), to travel directly toward Earth, a journey of 18 hours. This is remarkable because such a journey normally takes three to four days. It moved so quickly because an earlier CME had cleared its way.[4]

I apparently don't have that keen of a memory anymore! en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Idomaths
I remember reading about 1859 a few yeas ago and totally freaking myself out... but it was all really sensational stuff that the article was saying, and I remember wondering why the govenment didn't protect us so it didn't happen again. ... HA.

We can't get back to the moon for a 20 minute walk in the dust.

How in the Solar System do you think that the government can protect you from a Gigantic Spherical Nuclear Fission Machine that would eat the Earth for lunch and not even burp?

Tin Foil the Planet?

I grant that eventually we'll have to figure out how to minimize some impacts of unfavourable solar events - we aren't even CLOSE to being at that technology level.

<< 1   >>

join