It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Going on with our Sun ??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I think the best explanation for these "Orbs" was done by Richard Hoagland.

His explanation is almost at the bottom of this long article and I believe he may be on to something:

www.enterprisemission.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
but this site claims they orbs are real...

gazbom.blogspot.com...

I proudly stand by everything I have posted in this thread

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Hey everyone,

New to the site, please take it easy on me lol! I just wanted to show that these things can and have been seen from the ground. The video I am linking shows about midway through the orbs kind of buzzing around the sun if you will. Cheers

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero
The man answered a question

Phage is a man??

Oh... well that explaines it...

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

It's a matter of satisfying the criteria. The answer only makes sense for this particular case, and has no backing evidence, therefore it was rejected immediately by someone who wants to believe because it doesn't really have any standing.

link   
Has no one been watching Stargate Universe?

These orbs are simply recharging and should be moving on before long.

There is no intelligent life within this system which would interest them.

link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

That is an awesome post. I noticed those as well.

I really detest the disinfo people.

When it is a sighting here on earth its always the same excuse "Weather or Test balloon". Or you get ripped for not having a telephoto lens and a tripod available during a sighting.

When it is off planet it is alway pixel or stereo processing problems and artifacts.

We know these things are not natural and that they should not be there. Something is going on. The size of those things are enormous. Let us hope whatever they are is trying to help and not going to be the cause.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyle43
but this site claims they orbs are real...

gazbom.blogspot.com...

I proudly stand by everything I have posted in this thread

Well, forget NASA, and other logical explanations! This source is a personal blog! It must be correct!

Originally posted by arizonascottWe know these things are not natural and that they should not be there. Something is going on. The size of those things are enormous. Let us hope whatever they are is trying to help and not going to be the cause.

Inform me as to how you know. Knowledge implies certainty and verifiable proof.

Here is info taken from one of my posts on a previous thread on this very same issue.
One member uploaded a beacon-mode STEREO image containing "orbs," with them highlighted:
The next image is the full-quality image. Take a look at the regions that were circled in the beacon-mode image, and you will see the HEP strikes on the image sensor:

Understand what beacon mode is: Images are transmitted at a low resolution, and then NASA process them to give them some more "oomph" to the layman looking at them. They are then scaled up to the resolution of the full quality images, which gives these HEP strikes an orb-like appearance.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Key questions that have not yet been satisfactorily answered:

1. If these are real, why haven't amateur astronomers been noticing them?

2. If NASA wants to hide this stuff from the public, why on Earth do they bother posting the images in the first place?

I've seen people on this site accusing NASA of airbrushing evidence out of photos, and yet people still keep using blurry blobs in NASA photos as evidence of something big happening. So which is it?

And I really wish people would stop using YouTube as a source of evidence. A low-quality video + blurry picture enlargements hardly makes for good evidence.

I'd like some of this crazy stuff to be real (as long as it isn't bad, of course
) as much as anyone else here, but I'm really getting sick of topics that can't back up their own claims...

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
The "orbs" are digital compression artifacts produced in the "beacon mode images" from the STEREO satellites, not real objects.

The interview with Kaku is from December of 2008 and is based on earlier predictions for the upcoming solar maximum. The prediction was subsequently modified. The current prediction is that solar max will occur in 2013 and be of lower than average intensity. It should be noted that nowhere in the interview does Kaku say that "there is a high probability" of a massive CME in the near future.

Hooray for critical thinking!

star for you mate!

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Interesting. I will be back to entertain this further, although, I have absolutely no education about the sun or its behavior.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsuki-no-Hikari

not to be the bearer of bad news and i'm not with the side of aliens orbiting the sun because i dont care who they are there is no immunity to withstand that kind of gravitational pull,heat,and radiation exposure..but anyway if there was evidence from earth most likely it would be a blurry blown up picutre! especially if it was supposedly super close to the sun!

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by L.HAMILTON
I don't buy it ; these 'objects' would have appeared in previous " beacon mode images " but only recently done so .

You ask a question, get your answer and then reject it. I guess you only want answers that reinforce your own visions of a doom and gloom scenario. Perhaps you should state that in your Op?

Ho Hum!

IRM

So once again we are suppose to just buy the official version. LOL I smell disinfo. I would rather trust a bum on the street than people who have been known to lie to us over and over and over again. Not sure what they are but I don't believe NASA'S version. You can believe in swamp gas and ball lightning. I will trust my own eyes.

[edit on 5-2-2010 by djbj597922]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I don't understand why NASA claims that Jupiter's massive gravity can snag planet-sized objects (moons) but the sun, which is much more massive cannot? Because that certainly seems to be the attitude about these phenomena. Perhaps the sun's enormous gravity has swept up some interstellar planets in a very low orbit above the corona.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic
reply to post by Tsuki-no-Hikari

not to be the bearer of bad news and i'm not with the side of aliens orbiting the sun because i dont care who they are there is no immunity to withstand that kind of gravitational pull,heat,and radiation exposure..but anyway if there was evidence from earth most likely it would be a blurry blown up picutre! especially if it was supposedly super close to the sun!

So a civilization that is 500,000 years more advanced couldn't have the tech to get that close to the sun??? How do you know that for sure. I am really getting tired of peoples limited imagination of what might be possible in the distant future. Don't say there is no immunity, because you don't know that for sure. Anything is possible with the right knowledge!

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Couple of questions or comments. If there are all these amateur astronomers out there that can take close up pictures of the sun, but don't seem to ever see any anomolies, (so there must not be any,) then why do we need STEREO and SOHO imaging? My guess is that they can get much better pics than an amateur, and therefore will see things than others won't. I like the arguement that why have we just now been seeing these strange orbs? Where were they in past years? Also, common sense seems to me that a low resolution pic would be blurry and not show specific shpes, then when it is converted to high resolution it would clarify an object, and yet for space pics this seems to be the opposite? I don't know all that much about this science, but what Phage would call common sense in this matter, I find to be the opposite. Also, the 2 pics a couple of posts above show the low and then the high res, but just my simple mind said to me photoshopped at first glance.

Also, the argument the NASA could not hide anything or would not hide anything, seems pretty ridiculous. Like many have said, they do work for the govt. and we are not privy to everything they know, only what they allow us to know.
My .02

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by djbj597922

well you cant prove your theory and i cant prove mine but as far as imagination goes i've got it more then these idiots who grew up on tv and video games and i'm only 23! infact the only people i see that are around my age and younger are mindless zombies with no creativity but the imagination on this website goes beyond any thinking...

explain to me how you would get so close to the sun without being swept into it like comets and asteroids do jupiter..explain how you can get radiation poisoning and cancer by long exposures to the sun and couldnt be almost automatically killed being that damn close to the sun thats liek saying theres aliens on mercury! NOT!!!

now explain how the heat of the sun which can reach up to and over 110 degrees here on earth which is pretty hot and i'm sure you spend those days in the a/c anyway we are pretty damn far from the sun in terms of our ways of thinking so with that being said how would they withstand the heat? which is one of the hottest points in the universe

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I believe the photos update automatically from STEREO sat and that is why NASA can't stop them.

and can you point me to where NASA officially said that it was just faulty camera equipment?

and can you explain the orbs on the LMSAL satellite?

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

that would be assuming they had they same level of knowledge we have of the Sun, which is probably different.

I am sure anything that *wants* to get in front of the Sun knows what its doing. Electricity and alchemy? I am just speculating. I am also NOT saying that the orbs are craft.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by djbj597922 I would rather trust a bum on the street than people who have been known to lie to us over and over and over again.

Can you please enlighten me as to what these lies are, and how you know they're lies? Verifiable evidence helps.

Originally posted by SunnyDee If there are all these amateur astronomers out there that can take close up pictures of the sun, but don't seem to ever see any anomolies, (so there must not be any,) then why do we need STEREO and SOHO imaging? My guess is that they can get much better pics than an amateur, and therefore will see things than others won't.

Well, advanced technology is much more readily available and deployable here on Earth. It's easier to get a high quality image sensor onto a telescope that's here on Earth than in space. However, NASA is planning to launch (within the next few days) a sun observing satellite with IMAX-quality images, which can hopefully make these sorts of orb claims nonexistent.

Originally posted by SunnyDee Also, common sense seems to me that a low resolution pic would be blurry and not show specific shpes, then when it is converted to high resolution it would clarify an object, and yet for space pics this seems to be the opposite?

The low resolution picture is blurry. I don't know what low res image you're seeing that isn't. I'll repeat why orb shapes appear on the beacon mode images: The low-resolution image is sharpened, giving artificial image data, which can create a larger sort of "border" around the area of the HEP strikes. Then, when the low resolution image is scaled up to be the same apparent size as the high resolution one, these artificial flaws are enlarged, and appear to form shapes. The high resolution one does just that: it resolves more points, giving more real detail.

Originally posted by SunnyDee Also, the 2 pics a couple of posts above show the low and then the high res, but just my simple mind said to me photoshopped at first glance.

How so Photoshopped? I'm not seeing your reasoning here.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join