It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TERRORISM: Turkey's PM calls Israel a "Terrorist" State

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Israel main and only Muslim ally nation Turkey, had harsh criticism for Israel's recent actions in the Gaza Strip. Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan in a meeting with an Israeli Minister in Ankara, said that Israel was a "terrorist" state. The comments were made after Turkish Foreign Minister Abdullah Gul said he was considering appointing an ambassador to represent Palestinian terrorities. The Prime Minister also declined a invitation to visit Israel. Israeli Minister Joseph Paritzky, said he was shocked at the comments and considered walking out of the meeting but he didn't

Turkish PM: Israel a 'terrorist' state
But Paritzky said the rebuke would not weaken the strong military and economic ties between Israel and its sole Muslim ally.

He told Israel Radio: "To consider Israel a terrorist state, not to understand the fact that we are defending ourselves against terror... this amazed me.

"I am very sad to see the charismatic, intelligent leader of a friendly country compare us to terror organisations."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Turkey and Israel share strong economic ties, with Turkey being a major tourist hotspot for Israelis and just recently sealing a deal to sell Israel water. Israel also provided Turkey with weapons worth $3 billion dollars. In spite of the harsh criticism, Turkey and Israel manage to broker an $800 million deal for the construction of three natural gas power stations in Israel during the meeting.

[Edited on 5-28-2004 by worldwatcher]

[Edited on 28-5-2004 by Banshee]

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Finally some one telling it the way it is!

And the typical reaction of the israelis, oh no not us we're the victims etc.

One fact that's convienently deep inside the memory hole is: The biggest ever "terrorist" (defintion: attack by a non official national army) attack against britain was nothing the irish ever did... it was the king david hotel in jerusalem in... er... memory failing me.... errr.... 1953 or so?

Wait that makes the creation of the state of israel dependent on terrorism to "convince" the brits to honour the Balfour Declaration.

Just like the US is built on the blood of the native americans, big (native-american)holocaust denial in the US!!

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I no longer find it amazing how a country can condemn another country for atrocities against humanity and can shake hands and exchange big piles of money.......Good work WW....this is the kind of proof that people need to focus to show us why the world is in the state its in.................

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas
Finally some one telling it the way it is!

Just like the US is built on the blood of the native americans, big (native-american)holocaust denial in the US!!

Isnt that the truth...One of my best friends is a native american and im finally seeing things from his perspective in regards to the political process in america , that at one time i could not understand...and that was his unwillingness to vote.....I know many intelligent people who when i present them with the facts of the holocaust done to american natives....they guffaw or become soberingly silent....it is very hard for them to accept....if they need proof of it , i always point them to the book "Bury my heart at wounded knee"
Im at the point now where the only concerns are freeing my mind and what is in the hearts of men....all political feelings and leanings are out the door....

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
The Middle East pisses me off more and more each day. Yes, Israel has done some things it shouldn't have. However, if it was America being attacked by terrorists on a daily basis, we would have put a soldier on every street. We would have rounded up Palestinians and put them in camps, sorting out and arresting those who we feel may have ties to terror groups. We wouldn't do a small retaliation. After about 5 attacks, no Palestinian would be safe. I'm not saying thats the right thing to do, but thats what America would.

There are good Israelis and Palestinians, who want peace, who want just to live. And there are bad ones, who are filled with hate. They all have their reasons, and thats why its going to take someone else to make some sort of peace, if it ever is going to happen.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
on the same hand ....then maybe the american indians should be doing there best to rid america of a land that was stolen from them .....as palestine was stolen from the arabs.....

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
i will also add the palestinians have no civil rights and are not allowed to leave the country.....imagine that....you cant even leave the country where people are being killed daily if you want to escape the killing.....I wonder why the israelis wont let them leave....???? hmmmmm...... it wouldnt be because thered be no enemy to continue the battle against would it..?

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by JabbaOnTheDais
Yes, Israel has done some things it shouldn't have. However, if it was America being attacked by terrorists on a daily basis, we would have put a soldier on every street. We would have rounded up Palestinians and put them in camps, sorting out and arresting those who we feel may have ties to terror groups.

The Israeli army commits more acts of terrorism against the Palestinians than vice versa but because they are part of the state, it makes it alright.

Bloody hypocrisy.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The idea that the crimes against the US natives is anything like the Arab Israeli issue is completely preposterous.

Let's make it more analogous, people from Europe moved to Massachussets, their ancestral homeland. The native states threatened to drive them "into the sea". Notice that natives are citizens of Massachussets, but barely any massachusians live peacefully in the Native lands, but they are all expelled and subjected to hateful bigoted propaganda.

No Israel did not "steal" all its land from the Arabs.
Jews and Arabs, in small numbers had lived in the region, but it was very economically depressed.

Britain defeated the Ottoman empire, which had controlled the area since the 1600's or so. The Ottomans were not nice people. France was given mandate over a certain area---those became the states of Lebaonon and Syria. Britain was given mandate over the Palestinean area. That became first, Transjordan and then Palestine. The principal difference was that the British barred Jews from living in Transjordan. Arabs were not barred from Palestine. In the early 20th century more Jews moved in, some with money---buying (not stealing) land---and others as refugees. And as it developed economically, many Arabs also moved in too.

After the state of Israel was established, the first prime minister, ben gurion intentionally ordered his army to fire on a ship of more radical Zionists who were going to conduct more attacks. He stopped them.

The principal difference today remains that the Arabs want to obliterate Israel from the map and kill its Jewish inhabitants. The Israelis do not want to do the same thing to the Arabs.

Prior to 1967, the Arabs now in the occupied territories were known as "Egyptians" and "Jordanians". Israel would be happy if Jordan and Egypt took them, but it is the Arab states who have refused to give them citizenship and refused to take responsibility over the territory.

Israel would probably like it very much if Jordan took back the West Bank. but they won't---because they don't like Arafat's thugs either. (As far as a massacre goes, the last one was by the leader of Jordan in 1970 or 1971 or so, when the army killed 10,000 or so PLO sympathizers).

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
This post by mbkennel is depressing - I've never seen a post littered with such rubbish.

"Let's make it more analogous, people from Europe moved to Massachussets, their ancestral homeland. "

Europeans have NEVER had an "ancestral homeland" in Massachussets - they stole it (the US) from the Native Indians - a ten year old child could tell you that.

I'm not sure what the rest of this paragraph means - it's gobbledygook.

"No Israel did not "steal" all its land from the Arabs.
Jews and Arabs, in small numbers had lived in the region, but it was very economically depressed."

The Middle East is populated by Semitic people - Semitic people are Arabs and Arabs can be Jew, Christian, Muslim (or any other faith)...these people are native to this region, so how can they (the Arabs) live there in small numbers - that would mean the region would of been devoid of people??

I don't understand what economically depressed has got to do with the stealing of peoples' land as well.

"Arabs were not barred from Palestine. In the early 20th century more Jews moved in, some with money---buying (not stealing) land---and others as refugees. And as it developed economically, many Arabs also moved in too. "

You seem to not understand that Arabs are indigenous to this area - saying Arabs were barred from living in this region is like saying Negroes were barred from living in central Africa!

"The principal difference today remains that the Arabs want to obliterate Israel from the map and kill its Jewish inhabitants. The Israelis do not want to do the same thing to the Arabs"

The Israelis don't want to obliterate the Palestinians!??!! You are joking, aren't you?? What have they been doing for the last fifty odd years?? Making a bloody good attempt at it, I'd say.

"Prior to 1967, the Arabs now in the occupied territories were known as "Egyptians" and "Jordanians". "

Read your history books - the people in this area have been and always have been called Palestinian (or from the Bible, Philistine).

Read the Bible, read Herodotus' Histories - it was called Palestine then and, whatever the Zionists want you to believe, it is Palestine now.

What you don't seem to understand is that the state of Israel was created by Zionists who hail from Europe - they are descended from Ashkenazis.

Prior to the creation of this state Arab Jews, Christians and Muslims got along fine - the trouble is there because this land has been stolen from the Arabs by racist, white Europeans who don't belong there.

They stole this land and offered other white Jews the chance to come to the Promised Land.

If this state isn't based on racism then why don't they offer the invitation of settlement to all the black Jews in Ethiopia??

I tell you why - because these people are Nazis.

As I said, read books and open your eyes - some of the points in your post are ignorant beyond belief.

top topics

join