It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS looking to acquire 60 12guage Shotguns - to arm INVESTIGATORS?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Working for the IRS doesn't sound so wimpy anymore. The IRS apparently has plans to buy 60 Remington Model 870 police 12 gauge pump action shotguns for the Criminal Investigation Unit.
Source

So I guess there is a stronger message now for people to pay their taxes. I guess the government needs every buck it can get!!

Uncle Sam is now armed to the teeth!!

Here are the specs...

* A fourteen inch barrel
* Modified choke
* Wilson Combat Ghost Ring rear sight
* XS4 Contour Bead front sight
* Knoxx Reduced Recoil Adjustable Stock
* Speedfeed ribbed black forend

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
You have got to be kidding me! I can't even believe this is happening. Disgusting. America is done.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthWithin

A 14 inch barrel!! That is interesting. I thought that only law enforcement agencies were allowed to have barrels under 16 inch. IRS is a private company as is the Federal Bank!

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
this isn't anything new. it's just that the irs only comes out with guns and dogs on small businesses and not private citizens. don't get me wrong, i'm sure they'd love to. but there's just too many peopel taht don't file taxes to audit them all. so they go after the easy money. people who have stuff to lose and have a little money in the bank.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
If they bring up the law and whats right, shoot em!

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Geez people, weren't any of you paying attention in civics class?

How about history?

The IRS is often called upon to sieze the illegally acquired assets of some very dangerous people; people like drug trafficers, loan sharks, mobsters, and pedophile ring-masters.

These folks typically do not take it well when the "revenuers", followed by the police, come to break up their illicit operations. And they are often armed, and willing to use those weapons to retain their ill-gotten booty.

And yes, I did say followed by the cops,

This is where History comes in to play, in the persona of a man named Al Capone.

Look him up.

You'll find that, despite the concerted efforts of both local and federal law enforcement officials, it was the IRS that was finally able to put ol' Al behind bars.

So yes, IRS investigators Need to be well armed.

Armed to the teeth in fact, because it seems that our society has become so morally a**-backwards that its citizens hold the greed of the pervs that prey upon it in higher regard than the safety and welfare of thier own family and friends.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

The only thing disgusting is the people that make the need for an IRS agent to protect them self with a loaded gun. Guys just trying to do his job, yo.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthWithin

Along with what they ordered, this would be my choice.
IRS Shotguns.
Remington Model 870 Police RAMAC #24587 12 gauge pump-action parkerized shotguns, with fourteen inch barrel, modified choke, Wilson Combat Ghost Ring rear sight and XS4 Contour Bead front sight, Knoxx Reduced Recoil Adjustable Stock, and Speedfeed ribbed black forend,
Remington Model 870 express Tactical $465.00
www.remington.com...
Remington 3 Dot Green Front & Adjustable Orange Ghost Ring Rear Night Sight Set $112.00
www.trijicon.com...

XS front sight www.xssights.com... $120.00 or glue on $60.00

BlackHawk SpecOps Adjustable Stock $134.99
www.blackhawk.com...

BlackHawk PowerPak Cheek Piece $49.99
www.blackhawk.com...

Optional:
MESA Tactical The LEO adapter, Mesa Tactical Magazine Clamp
www.mesatactical.com...
Combat Arms Accessories UPG Pistol Grip 40.79
commandarms.com...
MAKO Aluminum Rail System for Remington 870 (From Optics Planet) $95.00)
www.opticsplanet.net...
ERGO Grip $60.00
www.ergogrips.net...
Surefire X400 Weapon light/ Laser $460.00
www.surefire.com...

new topics

top topics

join