It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Healthcare to Undo the IRS.........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This is over two thirds of the states doing this in co-operation with each other.
This is the real power of this country. If the Federal Govt. tries to stop this, they will be cooked, fried, done.

If healthcare is pushed and mandated, and the IRS is the collection arm like it will be. Then when this gets tested in court, it will either be war if it does not hold up, or the IRS will no long have the law power to collect squat. No I hope Healthcare passes.

35 states propose ways to prevent health insurance mandate

Read more: www.kansas.com...

www.kansas.com

Although President Obama's push for a health care overhaul has stalled, conservative lawmakers in more than two-thirds of the states — including Kansas — are forging ahead with constitutional amendments to ban government health insurance mandates.

The proposals would assert a state-based right for people to pay medical bills from their own pocketbooks and prohibit penalties against those who refuse to carry health insurance.

Tuesday, Kansas lawmakers introduced resolutions that would allow Kansas voters to add the amendment to the state constitution. The resolutions first must pass the state Senate and House by a two-thirds majority.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Rep. Brenda Landwehr, R-Wichita, and chairwoman of the House Health and Human Services Committee, said government control would mean people have less ability to make health care choices for themselves or their family.

"We do not believe that government has that role," she said at a news conference. "It is important we preserve and protect the rights of the individual to make their own decisions in their health care choices — specifically in their right to pay directly for their health care services."

The Kansas State NAACP issued a statement saying it strenuously opposed the proposed amendment.

"At a time when more than 300,000 Kansans are without health insurance, this amendment, which seeks to obstruct necessary reform measures and protects the practice of insurance companies discriminating against consumers, is wrong for our state and our nation," it said.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Tiahrt said he thought the issue would end up in court and thought Kansas' amendment could be a test case.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
And the number one reason that I said Obama and Congress was trying to ramrod this bill through was because they knew that the states would not ratify an amendment to allow Congress to have the authority to take over healthcare. I think that this proves that point very well.

But it would not be the first time that the foundations for a civil war first surfaced in Kansas before the rest of the country.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by Ahabstar]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
And the number one reason that I said Obama and Congress was trying to ramrod this bill through was because they knew that the states would not ratify an amendment to allow Congress to have the authority to take over healthcare. I think that this proves that point very well.

But it would not be the first time that the foundations for a civil war first surfaced in Kansas before the rest of the country.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by Ahabstar]

35 states can push around a lot of weight.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Here we are 3 years later to the day. The states caved and wimped out. I really wish they would have pushed forward because everthing with this Obamcare is crap.

top topics

join