It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what the hell happened to the United States of America's citizens?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Sentience naturally leads to intelligence, and then technology, and from technology comes the collision of tribes and later, the need for larger civilizations. As these civilizations expand, they explore new means of self-government, and as most of their expansion occurs among those who breed above replacement levels yet are not differentiated by excessive ability, they tend toward egalitarian and democratic systems. As these systems in turn produce internal fragmentation, other systems such as utilitarianism join the fray. What results is modern society, a condition which has been replayed many times throughout history, although probably not with our current level of technology. Societies subjected to the modern mentality either overcome it, much as individuals we transcend tangible immediate material reward for intangibles of longer-lasting existential and mental satisfaction, or they are dragged down into infighting over material and thus end in third-world disorganization.

Guess where we are.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I believe that the average US citizen is conditioned by what they watch on the tv, the music they listen to, video games they play, ect.. Education is American is on a downward spiral and the average family simply isn't educating theie children on how the ever changing world spins. I was only 18 when 9-11 happened and I see how the fear and anger it caused led two our occupation of more foreign lands, still there many who believe we are at war with 'masterminds' hiding in the caves. No one seems see how the CIA and other agencies have hijacked the balance of power the country was founded on.

I know many who are willing to fight and are expecting a revolution in the US. I dont think it has to come to that, we still have a voice and with the right people voted into office I know we can get our country on a better path. I still know the US is the best and most powerful country that has ever existed and for it to survive our citizen's need to wake up and open their eyes.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
When I was a child I learned to read by the age of four, thanks in large part to Capitan Kangaroo. I was allowed to advance as I learned, not due to age.

Today I homeschool so I know my child will get a good education. There are no political restrictions on what she can learn, or an agenda on how she learns. She can go fast or slow. She is dyslexic so on some subjects she is a little less agressive with, and she stradles different grades.

I trust that as more children are homeschooled education will go back up.

But this is not all of what has happened to the American people. We stopped relying on each other, we want Government to fix everything and give us everything. We have let the corporations take over our farms.

We make motherhood sound aweful and yet applaud day care workers. We applaud the destruction of the family for the coveted single life and the irresponsible.

But it is not just one thing, it is the slow seeping ooze of so many things that have lead to such a dismal place. We have lost our civility even with each other. We have stopped using common sense and thinking for ourselves.

Thanks to the internet you can now ask any expert how to do anything, and even if they are wrong, we listen because they are the experts. We stopped looking to that place that has all the answers, the within of each of us, that place we were told to look first.

We gladly get on the Haiti bandwagon, while giving nothing to those in need in our own country. And I am not talking charities, but Charity, the act of love. I know because I have gone to over 1800 charities and churches and been sent away with a "no we don't help individuals".

When i was younger I watched the giving and kindness of my parents and others to their neighbors no matter what. This lose is just a part of the bigger issue. We just stopped caring about each other.

Today my daughter and I are homeless and I know I can get no help from any Amercian, so how can I ever feel we can save this great nation?

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Ok..I´m not an american so I might not be all correct in my opinion..but I can tell you in the sight from an European way..it seems that many of the americans
selling their votes to the company owned politicians..in other words..the biggest companys own your asses big time..so the question from us are, when are you gonna reqlaim the power to the people??

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Too Many Choices .... this is the oldest form of mind control. if you dont know what to do, you turn into a deer in the headlights. or a person who loves fox.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join