It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intelligence Officials Warn Attempted Al Qaeda Attack Months Away

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Intelligence Officials Warn Attempted Al Qaeda Attack Months Away

www.foxnews.com

WASHINGTON -- Al Qaeda can be expected to attempt an attack on the United States in the next three to six months, senior U.S. intelligence officials told Congress Tuesday.

The terrorist organization is deploying operatives to the United States to carry out new attacks from inside the country, including "clean" recruits with a negligible trail of terrorist contacts, CIA Director Leon Panetta said. Al Qaeda is also inspiring homegrown extremists to trigger violence on their own, Panetta added.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
So it begins... Mr.P just met with the mossad over the past week i read earlier on ATS... Speaking of which I Heard Mr.Beck talk about china today and how we may be paying a "high interset debt" by obeying what they say... on top of all the threads on here about possible war erupting .. thought this was some fuel to throw in ...

Does not look good, i personally think all roads from here on out go in the direction of war.. and for the MSM to start calling out countries and bad mouthing them, well we all know what a herd master does....

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
That is so disheartening to hear. What a bunch of jerks. I honestly don't want to hear about this stuff anymore. I do not understand why the news media needs me to hear this stuff, "They're gonna get ya. They're coming to kill you, in your mall, in your whatever." I seriously think it is BS because if this was so sacred information, why do I have to hear about it. I'm tired of their whining a@@es. Either terrorize me or leave me alone@! Because there's nothing I can do about it.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Let's just add more fuel to the fire why don't we? Why would the intelligence agencies stoke the paranoia even further, and to what end? I thought in their line of work things like they have been mentioning are supposed to be kept quite? Maybe, an attack is imminent, as those who head the intelligence agencies have mentioned before the senate, today?

Why allow the enemy to know that they are aware of this perceived threat? Now, they have an opportunity to reassess their strategy, if this phantom transnational organization is indeed poising itself to attack. Then they make their claim with the word, "certain." It is as though they are making a guarantee? Am I wrong to think that, because it sounds like a unanimous guarantee by those tasked with preventing such things? Maybe there is something to all this talk of "false flag operations?" I wonder?

[edit on 2-2-2010 by Jakes51]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Months away?

That'll give them plenty of time to capitalize on it!

Fear. They supply it with total abandon sometimes... other times they tease us with it....

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Months away?

That'll give them plenty of time to capitalize on it!

Fear. They supply it with total abandon sometimes... other times they tease us with it....

Short and sweet! Very well put my friend! They seem to be using fear and paranoia a lot these days, as a tool for a political agenda. At least that is what I have been led to believe. No one, raises the alarm unless there is reason to do so. Why risk pandemonium for another "boy who cried wolf scenario?"

If missiles are in the air, or a vessel is off the eastern sea board with a dirty bomb or biological weapon, and it can be confirmed; then tell the American people about it. If there are threats, that is important, however, keep them quite and conduct business to divert such act. The American people don't need to hear about threats all the time. It is beginning to look more and more like a diversionary tactic. This stuff is just plain nonsense, and the people ought to start calling them out on this

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Nah not a dirty bomb that won't put the fear of god into people! I would put my money on a suitcase nuke downtown Detroit.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by InterconnecteD

" WASHINGTON -- Al Qaeda can be expected to attempt an attack on the United States in the next three to six months, senior U.S. intelligence officials told Congress Tuesday.

The terrorist organization is deploying operatives to the United States to carry out new attacks from inside the country, including "clean" recruits with a negligible trail of terrorist contacts, CIA Director Leon Panetta said. Al Qaeda is also inspiring homegrown extremists to trigger violence on their own... "

Hmm... I see the Most Evil Organization On Earth , Aka , The C.I.A. , have their Minions of Mind Readers busy at work here trying to instill Terror in everyones minds again . The Easiest way to Predict the Future according to these guys is to just Create the Future You Want Yourselves . Al Qaeda " Operatives " ? Isn't that just a Foreign Branch of the same Organization ? ......We Americans are All being Played as Fools oncemore me Thinks .......

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I would expect that if anything happens, it'll be blamed at least partially on Hezbollah. I mean they are beating the war drums pretty loud right now, an incident that could be connected to them would be sufficient enough to get the country(ies) behind an attack on Iran.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

The terrorist organization is deploying operatives to the United States to carry out new attacks from inside the country, including "clean" recruits with a negligible trail of terrorist contacts

I'm sure they know exactly who these people are right now. Why not just arrest them when they arrive........... oh hang on......that's not part of the game.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I saw this a bit ago on FoxNews.com This is the article that actually made me finally join ATS after a few months of reading.

If this isn't setting up for a new false flag, I don't know what is. I actually had considered the "Sons of Liberty" video floating around to be the new domestic enemy created by the CIA. But I guess AQ is still feared by the general pop.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I assume the terror "news" will be full of terror information to terrorize the terrorized public so much that we have night terrors. The next 3 - 6 months should be terrorizing. They must have just bought some stock in some new anti terror electronic devices.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Expect a public leak of an Alqaeda - Iran link soon.

Weve created the equation, we jus now need to create the desired result.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Me no likey the sound of "certain".

Something is shaking down.

3rd.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I will be keeping an eye out for news or specials that show weak points of security, like the specials they had awhile back on chemical plants or oil refineries.

Put out information prior to an attack to make it seem that the weak points were there prior to the attacks.

I know one large weak point, how about that border to the south? How about the million that comes across that border each year? How about all the ports that are owned by foreign companies and the others that are secured by foreign companies?

I am so sick of these asshats, a kinder-gardener could run this country better.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
So that's why Obama is coming Down Under...

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Please be aware, all of you, that Al Qaeda is really nothing more than a legal construct, a legal "entity" if you will, that allows the Justice Department to apply all of the anti-racketeering laws to just about whoever they want. The name of the so-called terrorist organization, "Al Qaeda", was established as a legally recognized entity back when the alleged perps of the first thwarted attempt on the World Trade Center was foiled during the Clinton years. The FBI negotiated for a peripheral character in the so-called plot to turn states evidence and the poor bastard sang any tune they wanted him to.

In Arabic, the words "Al Qaeda" are literally translated as "The Base". In common Arab use they are a euphamism for the toilet. Am I really to believe that a ruthless band of Jihadist fundy's decided to name their movement after the crapper and not Mohammed's Angels, or something similar? The name really smacks of the gallows humor that the FBI is notorious for. Just do a google search for their code names for former and current presidents. What a comical bunch.

So yeah, more fear-mongering by our government under "Mr. Change". More same-old-same-old with yet another parade of ludicrous "terrorist" plots like the underwear bomber, and those dupes that wanted to storm the Army base in New Jersey, and the idiots that plotted to individually carry explosive chemicals onto international flights and then mix them en route, even though they were all on "no-fly" lists. Just more stupid, mock scary stuff from the government we're all supposed to trust to protect us. The Al Qaeda saga is really beginning to bordering on Syfy's "Ghost Hunter's" where credibility is concerned. The government agenda is so clearly out there by now that only an uninformed idiot could honestly believe that we're all in imminant danger from Muslim extremists.

The thing that really worry's me is the fact that they really don't even try to conceal the machinations anymore. Am I honesty surrounded by so many stupid and apathetic people?? Are all of our collective fates to be decided by people that can't discern when they're being lied to? That's where the real fear kicks in!

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
it's a false flag attack that, while we cannot predict the severity of it, will be obviously against Americans, on American soil. hundreds, if not thousands, if not hundreds of thousands...if not MILLIONS will be killed in an event. what this even will be will range from false flag attacks to...dare i say...earthquakes which MAY be created by men? COUGHAARP

either way, some # is going down...soon. this is going to open the door for obama to declare martial law due to the severity of the event, which will lead to the suspension of our constitutional and civil rights, but also military control of everything - utilities, internet possibly, etc. you never know anymore. what was unheard of 50 years ago is completely plausible now a days. imagine the sheer volume of # we just DONT KNOW.

any media outlet has an agenda. there are SOME unbiased news sources, but think of their mindset even...they have an agenda too...to prove they are unbiased...that in itself is inherently biased, because they have an agenda which may shape or control what they say, or how they say it.

yeah i watch MSM shows, and read the current events. you can obtain an understanding of what happened basically, but for juicy details, check unbiased sources (lol, if there are any)

TPTB are staging another economic, social and financial crisis. they've already staged the economic crisis partially, next is financial and social. this would indicate either WW3 which may then institute martial law because of it (threat of invasion)...which...FOR 1 MILLION DOLLARS...will placate everyone. everyone will think we are doomed or terrorists are going to kill us all, and we will WELCOME the military to our doorstep.

sadly, i will continue doing what i do...martial law be declared if anything unconstitutional should happen to me or my family, they will be forced to undo what they've done, or face death. just how the police work now a days - follow our orders, and if you don't comply, either imprisonment or death. i will resort to online-ordering (if such a thing is possible in a crisis) and make seldom trips, already quit my job, filed for unemployment (better rob them while i can!) and am emptying my 401k. i am mid-20s.

i'm not making a dumb financial decision...don't worry. i have income, but i feel these moves are necessary to feel less of an impact if things were to collapse in the near future.

i have a shotgun, bought a handgun and about 6 boxes of ammo for starters, plan on buying some other basics (water containers, water purification systems (pumps, R/O machines possible, etc.) and other essentials...gas, kerosene, kerosene heater, candles, etc.

better be safe than sorry. and if nothing happens, no wars are initiated, no martial law, things get better...then i have extra supplies no biggie. but the current events of today combined with my personal belief in jesus christ make me feel that according to what i know and have personally witnessed in the news and such...we are in for one hell of a ride my friends.

i suggest a few things to anyone else who notices the current events and how pretty much we have no control to reverse the inevitable...

- pay off all debts (within reason, ie don't sell your car to do so)
- get your money out of the stock market/banks and covert to goods (ie, buy things you need and convert as much as you can to precious metals and physical goods etc while still having an income in dollars.)
- educate yourself on the internet about current events and possible outcomes

if martial law is declared, the "Sons of Liberty" group are 110% correct. don't tread on me. our forefathers fought to the death over much less compared to today, we are just again placated with big screen TV's and fast cars and hot women and drugs.

such a bleak outlook...i will live my life the best i can within my means. if it's time to lock and load, count me in. government agents, zombies, whatever. i'm ready.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
If there was some so called 'warning' well what is the warning. The information given was incomplete, therefore, I say, invalid.

I mean,,, is this form of warmongeres and daddy warbucks trying to do fortune-telling.

Precognition is more puzzling than telepathy. to precognize an event is to know what will happen before it does. a form of fortune-telling, appears logically impossible for it suggests that the future exists now and that is a contraditction since we can only perceive what currently exists, no current attack now, then no current attack in the future, right?

Something can exist when the time comes so... precognition seems to commit us to an existing nonexistence which is logically impossible. At the speed of light - time stands still, so

-- the faster you move, the slower you are....

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bookreader
If there was some so called 'warning' well what is the warning. The information given was incomplete, therefore, I say, invalid.

I mean,,, is this form of warmongeres and daddy warbucks trying to do fortune-telling.

Precognition is more puzzling than telepathy. to precognize an event is to know what will happen before it does. a form of fortune-telling, appears logically impossible for it suggests that the future exists now and that is a contraditction since we can only perceive what currently exists, no current attack now, then no current attack in the future, right?

Something can exist when the time comes so... precognition seems to commit us to an existing nonexistence which is logically impossible. At the speed of light - time stands still, so

-- the faster you move, the slower you are....

based on what you are discussing, you should also understand that we aren't given details because the guise of "homeland security" or "classified" will always be used when it comes to our government. we are going to be attacked by 2011...i was expecting far later in the year, but 3 months? they moved it up a bit. i am just hoping it doesn't involve my city in any form because family members work in highly populated urban areas.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join