It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Betters Say Iran Ready to Test Nuke

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
There's been many discussions on ATS about prediction betting -- web sites that allow betters to predict the outcome of current events.

Perhaps the best and most famous site for this is Intrade.com It pays to check it out once in awhile, if for nothing else than to gauge the mood on certain issues.

But one issue has raised my eyebrows.

In the past 24 hours, there's been a spike in the bet that Iran will be testing a nuke soon. Prior to that, the expectation was very low.

My guess is this coincides with an official Iranian pronouncement (see Ahmadinejad) that is plans to "strike a blow to world powers on Feb. 11."

Now, a lot of rhetoric has come out of Iran, and I'd be shocked to see an actual test. But who knows. These betters though are paying money to say they will.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Wherever a Nuclear Weapon Exists, theres always going to be a weapons race for the Nuclear Bomb. Simple as that. You can't stop it from happening since it is the inevitable.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
If Iran has the bomb wouldn't anyone think that some government in the world of ours would have known?. I believe he thinks that their Messiah is here and in Iran right now and he will take over the government of Iran or the World.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brothers
If Iran has the bomb wouldn't anyone think that some government in the world of ours would have known?. I believe he thinks that their Messiah is here and in Iran right now and he will take over the government of Iran or the World.

Who says that we don't know?
Yes, the 12th Imam and Jesus will have been here for 40 days after Christmas which is right on schedule. Meanwhile Feb 11th ends the 10 days in the culmination of the Night of Power which is all of Allah's blessings and powers for something really really big.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Ok, food for thought.... Italian Prime Minister is attacked and receives a head wound, recover's from it, and now is visiting Israel, and vowing that "Rome" is on Israel's side, and discussing peace option's. In addition, "Libya" makes a 1.8 billion dollar arms deal with Russia, just as Iran states it will reveal something to the world on Feb. 11th. Add to that all the earthquakes, solar problems, as well as the crazy weather, and yet, some still fail to recognize the bible's prophecies in all this.... As they say on NFL network....." C'mon Man " !!!!! I do realize the world is not supposed to get this, yet it makes one wonder, are ya blind, or just wearing your shade's all the time..... C'mon Man!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I think IRAN *DID* test a small 5 kiloton nuke today.

An earthquake measuring 4.4 happened at a depth of just 2 kilometers.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

Cool find that one dude, does anybody have any info on what size nuke causes what size on the magnitude scale?

Where did you get your 5Kt figure from?

Did we pick up anything on the magnitude bit when North Korea tested one recently? Maybe we can make a comparison here?

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
All I have to say is the World is in bad shape.

It has gotten rotten enough, for perhaps the death and the decay of a World War to inherit it...

[edit on 2-2-2010 by Bicent76]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Iran is to start exporting uranium enrichment material. Just appeared on the Reuters line.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

All very interesting but I don't think this is Mr Pyjama's big announcement coming in a week or so time?

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

I'm not 100% sure on what equals what when it comes to large explosions but a 5kt at a shallow underground depth should measure around 4.2 if I remember correctly.

I zoomed in on the site of the earthquake. It seems perfectly positioned from all cities on all sides for a test site. The closest to a "groom lake" that they've got.

It could also be due to oil extraction or a natural fault but I have doubts.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

Very interesting, you could be spot on there?

Do you know if any kind of radiation is given off or could be detected from a underground test like this?

Was any given off in Area 51 when they did all their tests in the 1940's?

We could be onto something big here!!

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Iran is to start exporting uranium enrichment material. Just appeared on the Reuters line.

Interesting. Can you post it?

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by freetree64
Ok, food for thought.... Italian Prime Minister is attacked and receives a head wound, recover's from it, and now is visiting Israel, and vowing that "Rome" is on Israel's side, and discussing peace option's. In addition, "Libya" makes a 1.8 billion dollar arms deal with Russia, just as Iran states it will reveal something to the world on Feb. 11th. Add to that all the earthquakes, solar problems, as well as the crazy weather, and yet, some still fail to recognize the bible's prophecies in all this.... As they say on NFL network....." C'mon Man " !!!!! I do realize the world is not supposed to get this, yet it makes one wonder, are ya blind, or just wearing your shade's all the time..... C'mon Man!!!

Sorry, but i'm going to say that having a statue thrown at you and getting a broken nose is hardly the antichrists head wound

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I should check the betting odds at this moment. Nuclear test anyone?

Supreme Ruler says anniversary "punch" coming Feb. 11

"The Iranian nation, with its unity and God's grace, will punch the arrogance (Western powers) on the 22nd of Bahman (February 11) in a way that will leave them stunned," Khamenei, who is also Iran's commander-in-chief, told a gathering of air force personnel.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by behindthescenes

I am very anxious to hear what they have to say personally, I hope it won't be something stupid like usual. Let's shake things up a bit for once, even if it is just them saying their Mahdi has come.

BTW I like your quote where's it from?

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
the mahdi will not come and the iranians know that, they have studied the signs and signals of his arrival... the mahdi will most likely be here at the end of 2012 or start of 2013...

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I bet they will nuke Israel.
If they've already tested then they are ready after 10 days of prayer.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I could see a nuke test happening. However, how crazy they are - and how far they will go - to "punch" the West is anyone's guess.

Theocracies are usually (historically) led by someone(s) that use religion to their own personal ends, and often take great measures to spread that religion and dominate their neighbors.

I don't pretend to understand Iran or that type of culture, any more than they understand mine. But it would seem that the minority is in charge of things there. Then again, the minority is in charge over here, too (the Wealthy Families).

My point is, Iran is truly sick of being "pushed" by secular governments, with an apparent longing to dominate us infidels. Can't say as I blame them, but they are as trustworthy as my ex.

Whatever they believe is fine with me.

When I see a mushroom cloud over a city, then I'll worry.

s&f

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity, if Iran did test a Nuke underground etc., we would pick it up on sensors all around the World.

My question is : -

"How long would Israel wait before attacking them and their nuclear facilities?"

I give it less than a week.

What do you guys think??

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join