It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ricky Gervais, says sterilise the Irresponsible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
blogs.orange.co.uk...

I though some might find this interesting, I'm not condoning Gervais's views and I'm sure most of what he say's is just a joke, but woth a read.

[edit on 2-2-2010 by woodwardjnr]

[edit on 2-2-2010 by woodwardjnr]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
sign, why is it people forget the dudes a comedian, and has said many things like this... knowing that someone will bite and give him a headline..

the worst thing is he aint even that funny.... i woudl take this as nonsence, next week he will probbably have retracted this saying it was a joke!

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

English humor is great...........and I find most Americans are not sophisticated enough to really find it funny. Ricky Gervais is comedic genius. The guy is brilliant and I find him downright belly aching hilarious. If you've never watched the original UK version of the Office it doesnt' even compare to the Steve Carrell version. Steve Carell isn't nearly as funny as Gervais and although funny the American version is subpar.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Didn't George Carlin say something similar? It's no big deal...he's simply making a comical observation.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Ricky Gervaise is a creepy, creepy man. I dont know what it is, but I wouldnt trust him as far as I could throw him.

I have to wonder why anyone thinks the opinions of entertainers matters....

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Asked whether limits should be imposed, Ricky continued: “Yes, based on… stupid, fat faces.

well the queue can start right behind him then, the stupid, fat faced git.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

Nonsense by the way - doesn't have an 'c' in it...
I like Ricky Gervais. In fact he would be the first to call HIMSELF a stupid fat git.
It's funny because it is outrageously non pc and has a slight ring of truth.
So I would like to add some of my own...

We should collect and drop off on a remote island:
Bald men who like to pretend they just decided to 'shave their head'.
All youths wearing baseball caps back to front
Anyone found in possession of a pack of ready mashed potato.
Anyone called Britney
Anyone who uses the phrase 'at this moment in time'

[edit on 2-2-2010 by unicorn1]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Not such a bad idea.....

Although people do grow and change..... everyone makes mistakes. Few people are falsely accused and convicted, but it still happens. There are to many irrisposible people, and i dont believe that they deserve the ability to influance children AT ALL. The biggest problem is who decides and how is that decision reached... and can that power be abused?

Creating and parenting a child is one of the most awsome responsibilitys in all of existance. You are creating life that will someday grow to controll all the power of the universe. I have seen many people on ATS claim to have children and their lack of good logic makes me uncomfortable.

In the future AI could create representations that could be used to evaluate the parenting skills of an adult through a simulation of the logical processes in the mind of all age ranges. That is a future that exists when, and if, you pass through the narrow gate.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by unicorn1

at this moment in time i have a shaved/bald head, so if it's a tropical island you're proposing, i second the motion.

me, britney and a years supply of smash lazing on a beach a thousand miles away from anyone

[edit on 2/2/10 by pieman]

link   

Originally posted by pieman

Asked whether limits should be imposed, Ricky continued: “Yes, based on… stupid, fat faces.

well the queue can start right behind him then, the stupid, fat faced git.

hehehe that is quote of the day that one dude!

my sentements on gervais exactly, he was funny in the office because he played a complete twat, and when not in the office he seems exactly the same..!

link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

I actually find Ricky to be extremely funny! I like the UK version of The Office a lot more than the US one. Thank goodness for Adult Swim picking up shows like that and The Mighty Boosh.

I grew up watching Monty Python, and I find that UK humor has a lot more sophistication than a lot of our US fart, snot, and beer jokes.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Pieman you are just too naughty....
But you forgot the baseball cap

join