It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Moon Anomaly #2 *Captured On Video* - The Flash

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Don't know why I'm bothering to post this, due to the Op and Exuberent1 both having me on ignore

But I'm here to help deny ignorance, ironically the ignore feature promotes ignorance, as this post proves...

Anyway, enough of my ranting!

These members speak Japanese:

Japanese:
inthemistandfog - Send U2U
chris_stibrany - Send U2U
caballero - Send U2U
X-tal_Phusion - Send U2U
LovelyDoom - Send U2U

Do what you will with the information.

[edit on 18/5/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

Here is a funny for you:

(People who suffer from StarWars are more likely to see what I'm talking about))

What the heck is that? real?

Original image and number please!

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Yup it is real. I flipped the image, and Han solo wasn't there, but it is real.

Here is the info and original cropping:

*Check your Mars video thread. I made a post you might like.

Edit:

Hey, you like that scary Moonface I posted in your profile?

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Saw the Mars ditty!

So what the dickens is the thing in this image!? It is bizarre maximus!

What do 'they' say it is? :p

*the scary moonface was creepy!

[edit on 18-5-2010 by watchZEITGEISTnow]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   

WatchZEITGEISTnow.....

Now.....I hear a rumour that you have the Great Chadwickus on "ignore".

I think he's a splendid fellow & I think you're being a bit tough on him.

Despite you treating him so badly, Chad has just posted this for you:

Post for watchZEITGEISTnow from Chadwickus:

These members speak Japanese:

Japanese:
inthemistandfog - Send U2U
chris_stibrany - Send U2U
caballero - Send U2U
X-tal_Phusion - Send U2U
LovelyDoom - Send U2U

This might assist in ascertaining the Japanese language explanation / commentary that might be available pertaining to this interesting video.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I almost forgot!

The video in the OP is a composition captured by the two Terrain Cameras on SELENE.

That's right, the flash we see is from an animated representation of the moon in Stereo (3D)

As explained HERE and HERE

The Terrain Camera (TC) can observe the day-time side of the Moon using two cameras that respectively face the slightly diagonal front and back sides of the straight down direction of the satellite. It can take three-dimensional (stereo) images of the Moon's globe with a world-leading super high definition of 10 m. At the initial functional verification of the TC on November 3, 2007, three-dimensional view observations were successfully performed of the summer season around the South Pole of the Moon (Figure 1 and 2.) After the observation, three-dimensional terrain images were composed based on the stereo view observation data

I guess this is why you guys have me on ignore huh....?

[edit on 18/5/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   

WatchZEITGESTnow.....

nice work MMN!

You are very welcome.....it’s a very interesting video.

You have a S & F from me.....now that’s a big first!

I would very much like a more detailed reply from regarding your views on the 3 frame grabs I posted. I am particularly interested in your ideas regarding the “diffuse” area in the 3rd frame grab, which is subsequent to the ”FLASH”.

If you see what I see, an interesting discussion could ensue.

I also don’t understand the context of the period of the video 31 sec – 51 sec (i.e. the last 20 sec’s). Could you explain that?

- strangely I couldn't get it to pause on 'the flash'...

I had to download a new screen capture app & then it still took me ages to get those 3 images.

Looks like a tower either reflecting

It looks to bright to be reflecting, unless some sort of pixel saturation is occurring.

or signaling to me.

That would suggest some level of intelligence / technology, which is just a whole MASSIVE can of worms!

JAXA have ignored my requests to explain what this and then other one are

How much have you tried to elicit commentary from them regarding this ”FLASH” video?

I note I think the other “launch” video does not show anything pertaining to surface activity.....I think it’s a lens / camera artefact.

- so I just figured, I think I know what the deal is, and I CBF lecturing people on ATS about this - the few who do U2U me about info and the like, well that's the best part

Well I’m glad that goes on, but I also note you don’t always make it super easy to discuss things with you!

and low and behold now you have contributed - and taken it a step further. Thank You for that MMN

Once again, you are very welcome.

Strangely - I'm over the moon (npi) ATM

Oh.....just when I think you’ve finally found something of interest......

- and Ickes new book which I have adds some more info - given it is mainly stuff I already knew...

Oh dear.....listen mate, leave Icke alone.....you’ll do yourself a mischief!

Now Mars is interesting - Phobos especially ... but there is more ... the outer moons are interesting.

All those places are extremely interesting, with or without any human or alien intervention.

Titan - I think could be the backup Earth in case we stuff this one up...but that's another story...

I don’t think we will “stuff this one up”.

*edit to add: easynow has uploaded some Apollo17 footage of the same area - interesting stuff!

I couldn’t really make out anything on that video pertaining to the ”FLASH”.

Can you direct me to any specific places in the video?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

I do like that flag

It is pointless to discuss a lot of this due to the FACT I have made up my mind about zee Moon ...

Also I didn't know Dr Phil was a member of ATS

But why don't you tell US what you think it is, coz you're doing well.

also where the fark is zorgon? That's what i want to know.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
The video in the OP is a composition captured by the two Terrain Cameras on SELENE.

That's right, the flash we see is from an animated representation of the moon in Stereo (3D)

As explained HERE and HERE

The Terrain Camera (TC) can observe the day-time side of the Moon using two cameras that respectively face the slightly diagonal front and back sides of the straight down direction of the satellite. It can take three-dimensional (stereo) images of the Moon's globe with a world-leading super high definition of 10 m. At the initial functional verification of the TC on November 3, 2007, three-dimensional view observations were successfully performed of the summer season around the South Pole of the Moon (Figure 1 and 2.) After the observation, three-dimensional terrain images were composed based on the stereo view observation data

Chadwickus.....

Thank you for focusing your formidable knowledge & skills on this interesting video.

Thank you for posting those links clarifying that.

I think I understand what a 3D reconstruction is & I think I understand what a 3D animation is.

Based on the info as per your links.....

www.jaxa.jp...

www.jaxa.jp...

I think I am looking at a 3D reconstruction. If that is the case, then I don’t think we can entirely exclude that something unusual has been filmed in this sequence because we cannot just assume that spurious information has been produced by that reconstruction technique.

Now, to date I’ve yet to analyse a Moon or a Mars picture that I thought stood up to any level of scrutiny, but I don't understand what I'm seeing in this one.

Why does the area of “activity” & interest as per the video & as per my screen shots track with the ground?

Or.....can you arrive at a technical camera / software / film explanation that covers all this off?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Hi everyone, first post. Just watched the videos and pictures in this thread and something struck me, maybe its wishful thinking.

This image showing strange objects near every crater:

Also looks like it appears in this video, from 3.22 to 3.26, on the left-centre side, moving from bottom to top. It's hard to make out but looks very similar in my eyes.
www.youtube.com...#!

Sorry about the state of my post, the embedding buttons aren't co-operating.
[edit on 18-5-2010 by Motive]

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Motive]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

WatchZEITGESTnow.....

I do like that flag

Yeah well.....poor Chad offered a little more than that mate.....you are a hard man!

It is pointless to discuss a lot of this due to the FACT I have made up my mind about zee Moon ...

And.......that’s what get’s you in trouble me ol’ mate WZN!

Also I didn't know Dr Phil was a member of ATS

Well you know me.....I’m just a spectacularly nice guy who just wants everybody to be friends!

But why don't you tell US what you think it is

Well, like I said.....I can’t make sense out of what I’m seeing.

coz you're doing well.

I’ll take that massive compliment from you while I can get it!

also where the fark is zorgon? That's what i want to know.

How should I know?

What do I look like.....his mother?

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Motive

Hi, welcome

can you catch a screen grab (snipping tool) and post please - caus i want to see where you mean - i tried very hard to find other NASA images of that part of the Moon - right on that flash point - no luck - or a very far away shot at best.

enjoy your stay

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Motive
Hi everyone, first post. Just watched the videos and pictures in this thread and something struck me, maybe its wishful thinking.
This image showing strange objects near every crater:

Also looks like it appears in this video, from 3.22 to 3.26, on the left-centre side, moving from bottom to top. It's hard to make out but looks very similar in my eyes.

Motive.....

I think what you're seeing there is probably where they've stitched images together badly & overlapped / duplicated information.

Armap has posted many examples of that.

I'll have a better look at at that when I get a moment.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

The Terrain Cameras don't take 'traditional images', they're there purely for the mapping and topography of the moon, the HDTV camera is what was used for the traditional images.

Such as this one:

If you notice in this image, there are shadows, whilst the images taken with the Terrain Camera has no shadows.

Further proof that the OP's video is nothing more than 3D representation of the surface of the moon.

I don’t think we can entirely exclude that something unusual has been filmed in this sequence because we cannot just assume that spurious information has been produced by that reconstruction technique.

I don't quite get what you are pointing out in your screen caps but I can tell you that the flash isn't of anything that is physically there, it's not like someone is flashing a light at the satellite because it wouldn't even process it...does that make sense?

Another possible explanation for the flash is the transition/blending between the fore and aft images? I dunno I'm no expert.

Let's not forget that there is 60km between the two cameras, plenty of room for data loss, glitches etc

www.jaxa.jp...

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
reply to post by Motive

Hi, welcome

can you catch a screen grab (snipping tool) and post please - caus i want to see where you mean - i tried very hard to find other NASA images of that part of the Moon - right on that flash point - no luck - or a very far away shot at best.

enjoy your stay

It's not the flash I'm talking about. It's those small objects seen around all of the craters in the picture I linked, each "object" has a large circulur structure and then a smaller circular structure. Which is what I see when I watch the youtube video I also linked, at 3:22, on the left side, the same "object" from the crater picture is seen. Or atleast I think it is.

I could take a screenshot of said moment on the video but as it's a video, pausing tends to almost blur the already low-quality video.

Incase you thought I was talking about the "flash" instead, I'll give you another chance to have a look at the moment in the video I'm talking about and compare it to the crater picture. If you still dont see it I'll whip out fraps!

-Motive

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Chadwickus.....

OK.....your explanation is helping with some gaps in my knowledge regarding these filming & reconstruction methods.

I need to understand all this better than I do.

I will go away & do some more reading.

My schedule gets very busy again for the next couple of days, so I mightn't get back to this until the end of the week.

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
jaxachannel — March 23, 2009 — KAGUYA (SELENE) taking around "Tsiolkovskiy" by HDTV. Aspect ratio 16:9 and HD quality in English narration. (C)JAXA/NHK

jaxachannel — November 01, 2009 — KAGUYA (SELENE) taking"Anaxagoras" by HDTV (telescopic camera.) (C)JAXA/NHK

jaxachannel — August 16, 2009 — KAGUYA (SELENE) taking "Tycho Crater" by Terrain Camera (TC). (C)JAXA/SELENE

月周回衛星「かぐや」の地形カメラ(TC)が観測したマリウス丘付近の縦穴 (C)JAXA/SELENE

top 2 different cameras from the bottom 2 for example...

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

WatchZEITGEISTnow.....

May I ask why you posted those 2 videos?

Do you have a specific reason for that in the context of our analysis of your "FLASH" video?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I don't think so, it says that's a HDTV video and it looks like a HDTV video, not one of the several 3D movies made with the height data and the images from the Terrain Camera as textures.

I will have to do some searches.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

I don't think so, it says that's a HDTV video and it looks like a HDTV video, not one of the several 3D movies made with the height data and the images from the Terrain Camera as textures.

I will have to do some searches.

ArMaP.....

It's always very nice to be availed of your knowledge & wisdom in threads such as this

Chadwickus asserts this cannot be a real event because the method of 3D reconstruction excludes that.

I've not had time to do any more reading about that, so your conclusions will be of great interest.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join